• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tarantino XX - BluRay Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheExodu5

Banned
Not sure if I should get this set or not. I already own Kill Bill, Inglourious Basterds, Reservoid Dogs, and Death Proof on Blu-Ray. Anything warrant getting this? QT is pretty much my favorite director, so I kind of really do want it, but it seems like it might be a tad pointless if I own all of the individual movies.

It was displayed at a Comic-Con back in 2007 I believe. I had the Amazon listing bookmarked way back and they pasted up the Comic Con image with a winter release date but it never got released :( After that? just got delayed and delayed and delayed and then....nothing!

7rYaM.jpg

OMG I want this so badly.

SKINNER!

Banned
What's the difference? I presume it doesn't cut to B&W during the gory bit?

Extended anime sequences and other added bits
. Link is NSFW due to violence/gore. Oh and it's filled with spoilers.

The reason we want the Whole Bloody Affair is not that lame ass animated sequence with extra torture gore, it's the color version of House of Blue Leaves fight that's wonderful. And seeing Sophie lose the other arm in the car trunk. Still clinging to a bootleg ebay DVD of the Japanese version, four years later. No bueno!

Hey! I thought those parts were great. Come on, The O-Ren Ishii origin story was dark as hell!

mollipen

The reason we want the Whole Bloody Affair is not that lame ass animated sequence with extra torture gore, it's the color version of House of Blue Leaves fight that's wonderful.

I think the fight is way better in B&W, so I never get when people keep wanting the color restored.

I think the fight is way better in B&W, so I never get when people keep wanting the color restored.
It breaks the fourth wall way too much in terms of style and comes across as childish. When it should be about seeing eighty some fools cut up in a glorious showdown in full color.

TheExodu5

Banned
Yeah, I think I'll pass. Doesn't seem like there's any remastering being done here, judging by Kill Bill only having 5.1 Uncompressed, versus the newer pressed films with DTA-MA. True Romance doesn't even have an uncompressed track. Seems like a straight DVD audio dump.

T Dollarz

ZOMG. This collection! Too bad I already own them all except Reservoir, True Romance and Inglourious, so I will refrain. But man, what a collector's item!

do you really want to hear tarantino comment on his films, all he will do is talk about foot and toes fetish and how he tried to sneak in more toes per scene.

jett

D-Member
Want to watch The Whole Bloody Affair? Watch KB1, then watch KB2. Congrats, you just watched it.

Nah. Have you ever watched the full fight in color? It is absolutely glorious.

But it's missing the back to color blink! I like it in black and white.

JeTmAn81

I already have all of those on blu.

Fuck this bullshit and give me The Whole Bloody Affair already, Tarantino you country yokel!

It's almost an insult that a "completionist" set like this wouldn't include that cut. What a ridiculous joke it's become.

The Whole Bloody Affair will come out right after the Vega Bros. movie.

The only QT movie I have on BluRay is Bastards, so this would be a great chance to double dip. I hate the artwork though. I'll have to consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom