• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target put up a page for Bethesda: Game of Thrones

Assuming it's real, who do you think is making this?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Syf

Banned
Would rather see GoT handled without the Bethesda jank and gameplay, but it's not the worst fit.

I have to admit, I'm morbidly curious.

If you want to imagine it, just watch season 7 of Game of Thrones

yesjacknicholson.gif

Thewonandonly

The scope of Westeros is too big for a game like Skyrim.

It would have to be a linear narrative IMO, like a medieval Naughty Dog game.
I was thinking just do a bunch of characters you create for one area big war and you create a soilder for it.

Taking battle of the basterds for example you play as a wildling or Jon soilder and play through some mission in the north then at the end you play out the battle of the basterds fighting along Jon snow. If you die then damn but if you live I will get to that.

Another example is you play a section as the Lannister army soilder fighting the queen of Thorns then do missions there until the climax is the battle of the loot. You die then damn but if you live your character runs away and stuff.

At the end against the very last battle against the night king you play as john snow. Also your characters the ones that lived join and add the special abilities you had and stuff. Then you have that epic fight.

Just like 4 or 5, 10 hour seperate campaigns is my dream GoT game.

I have no clue how this would look. I don't know if I would like Elder Scrolls: Game of Thrones...I don't think the GOT universe is interesting enough for that. Maybe it could work by being Fallout with Skyrim setting?

If it's got a large detailed world to explore in first person, character creation, mod support and half decent combat I'm in. If it is using their usual engine, then it should have all of those elements.

I mean, it would be nice if it was also a decent RPG, but got to keep those expectations in check.

The thing I'm most wary about is the paid mod stuff. You just know they're doing everything they can to make you pay for stuff that used to be free.

Join and become lord of every house at the same time.
Walk from Dorne to the Wall in an hour.
King's Landing consists of ten buildings.
All wolves become Direwolves when you reach level 10.

True Fire

???

Jon can ride around Westeros 4 times in an episode and ravens can cross the continent in like 5 minutes.

It's probably only like 10 miles across as of this season. Perfect for a game!

... I'm just ignoring show canon from now on.

Hopefully we'll get Game of Thrones: Brotherhood once the manga finishes

I doubt this is going to be Bethesda Game Studios but I wouldn't mind if it was. The world of Game of Thrones is infinitely more interesting than the Elder Scrolls. As long as another developer gets a crack at Fallout of course.

Give it to me, let me explore that universe in first person.

Hire some writers though, fix that broke ass engine and licence and incorporate music from the show somehow with some Jeremy Soule magic and I'd be happy.

Meowster

I think it would be fun and enjoyable. The writing would probably suck but.. I guess I have the books and TV show(s) for that? Hope it will turn out good if so.

Gleethor

If they aren't setting the game during the events leading up to and during Robert's Rebellion, they're doing it wrong. That time period has a shit load of characters we care about and would be a great setting for a game.

Edit: I am hijacking my own post to feverishly gush over my own GoT vidja game pitch.

My pie-in-the-sky dream GoT game would be set before, during and after the rebellion taking place across the entire continent of Westeros sans perhaps north of the wall.

Imagine if the player character was a bastard born in one of the nine major regions (North, Vale, Iron Islands, Riverlands, Crownlands, Stormlands, Reach, Westerlands, Dorne), with the player choosing where they want their character to be from and which house they serve. They story at the beginning would differ depending on where you start from, but all 9 paths would mostly follow the same beats: the tourney at Harrenhal, battle of Ashford, The Trident, sack of King's Landing etc.

Your ultimate goal is to assist your liege lord in either defending the crown (Targaryen, Lannister, Tyrell, Martell), overthrowing the crown (Baratheon, Stark, Tully, Arryn) or take advantage of the chaos and reave where you please (Greyjoy).

Your skill tree could have 9 branches: Father, Mother, Maiden, Smith, Crone, Warrior, Stranger, The Old Gods and The Drowned God.

NPC's refer to you by your bastard surname (Snow, Stone, Pyke, Rivers, Waters, Storm, Flowers, Hill or Sand) for maximum immersion

Side quest potential is enormous here:
-Recruit/capture potential brothers for The Night's Watch
-take care of The Smiling Knight
-find all of the Weirwoods in Westeros to see visions of the past and future
-beat back Hill Tribesmen in The Vale
-investigate reports of a Faceless Man sighted in Westeros
-investigate an underground cult of religious fanatics called "Sparrows", join or destroy them
-fuck all the whores in Westeros and "make the 8"
-study at The Citadel in Oldtown like a nerd
-assist the head of customs in Gulltown with shady dealings (some dude named Petyr? Seems trustworthy)
-go to Gin Alley in King's Landing and give Karl Fookin' Tanner 6 silvers to kill a man

EZ DLC MONEY:

Greyjoy Rebellion DLC
"Beyond The Wall" expansion (Bronn mentioned he's been north of the wall before, get him in there)

Where's my check GRRM

If they aren't setting the game during the events leading up to and during Robert's Rebellion, they're doing it wrong. That time period has a shit load of characters we care about and would be a great setting for a game.

It needs to be set hundreds of years before this, otherwise it's gonna lack a shit ton of fantasy elements...especially dragons.

reckless

Elder scrolls style really doesn't fit with GOT.

Need like Crusader Kings 2 or Mount and Blade style games for it to work well.

Expecting an even more streamlined version of Skyrim, complete with bad writing, boring main quest, janky animations and tedious combat.

Still gonna sell 10+ million regardless.

PulseMC

Neo Member
Make it Elder Scrolls with a Game of Thrones skin on it and i'm in for my first (and likely only) experience with Game of Thrones.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
i don't think it will be a direct translation of GoT

probably along the lines of skyrim with a huge map

you've got guilds... assassins (faceless men), mercenaries (brotherhood), thieves/pirates (ironborn)... go help the night's watch to fight some zombies

story which somehow intertwines yourself between all the feuding houses

FoneBone

If this is real, I assume it's externally developed, a glorified Skyrim mod, or both. Can't see why Bethesda would put their full resources behind a licensed game when they already own a hugely successful fantasy IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom