• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taxi Chaos - Announcement Teaser

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Pedestrians and tourists take cover because the streets are about to get even more reckless when Lion Castle’s and GS2 Games’ Taxi Chaos hits the PlayStation 4™, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch™ on February 23, 2021.

Taxi Chaos is a fresh and modern take on classic taxi games where drivers can earn big fares by successfully picking up and dropping off customers at the destination of their choice. Rush around town to pick up the craziest of customers and deliver them on time as fast as you can.

All Gameplay Footage Is Captured In-Game.

Orta

Banned
Had high hopes for this until I seen there was no mention of a pc version.

If it was decent surely somebody would have modded the CT characters and soundtracks into it.

Oh well.

Guilty_AI

Had high hopes for this until I seen there was no mention of a pc version.

If it was decent surely somebody would have modded the CT characters and soundtracks into it.

Oh well.
These are the guys behind none other than FlatOut 3: Chaos & Destruction. One of the worst reviewed games on steam.
They've been making games since early 2000's and all of them seem like trash games, honestly its not a developer i'd put much confidence in.

If you're on PC, you're probably better off directly buying the original crazy taxi

the_master

I hope that the level design is at least half as good as the original one. That was and is very, very important.
I will find out myself soon I guess :)

Orta

Banned
These are the guys behind none other than FlatOut 3: Chaos & Destruction. One of the worst reviewed games on steam.
They've been making games since early 2000's and all of them seem like trash games, honestly its not a developer i'd put much confidence in.

Sounds promising :messenger_beaming:

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
That's what we call a rip-off. Might be fun though. SEGA don't even care, they let companies steal their work. We also have a Jet Set Radio rip-off coming.
The most recent CT game is this - and even that is 4 years old.
At this rate - % of people that actually recognize original gameplay is probably greatly outnumbered by what Sega did with running the IP into ground.

don't know about the others, but the developer behind this game is a bit questionable as far as the quality of their work is concerned.
Well waiting for reviews then. Don't understand why do you guys say that someone is stealing Segas work?? They don't give a shit about Crazy Taxi anymore. So whose fault is this that they never released a Crazy Taxi 3???

cireza

So whose fault is this that they never released a Crazy Taxi 3???
crt3xb0f.jpg

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Last edited:
That's what we call a rip-off. Might be fun though. SEGA don't even care, they let companies steal their work. We also have a Jet Set Radio rip-off coming.
Well, blame Sega then. They have a quite poor track record with IP retention outside of a few franchises like Sonic (where it's unstable in terms of quality), Yakuza, and arguably Virtua Fighter (only because it had a long hiatus). I mean it took over two decade for a sequel to Streets of Rage 3 to come out and it wasn't even done in-house (still excellent game tho).

Better some other devs bring spiritual successors than getting nothing at all; I'm hoping Sega starts doing more with their back catalogue (including game IP they own now since purchasing Technosoft library, like ThunderForce series) going forward, and more consistently.

TaroYamada

Sega is currently investigating the situation.

The publisher lied to promote their game...
Actually I think I know what happened here -- goGame is listed now instead of Sega, goGame is a subsidiary of Sega (or at least Sega was a partial owner). It was a little mobile publisher they invested in. The devs obviously swapped goGame for the more recognizable parent company.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Actually I think I know what happened here -- goGame is listed now instead of Sega, goGame is a subsidiary of Sega (or at least Sega was a partial owner). It was a little mobile publisher they invested in. The devs obviously swapped goGame for the more recognizable parent company.
Oh Ok :)

Kataploom

Gold Member
I'd call it an spiritual succesor since the IP is barely being used if not for current platforms ports.

Keihart

From the trailer i guess anyone interested it's better off playing the original ones in PS2 or Dreamcast or even the PC version with slightly less cool soundtrack that if you care too much about can mod.

Last edited:

Alx

I'll admit it, despite being a huge Sega fan back in the Dreamcast days, I never could get into Crazy Taxi. I guess I don't like arcade games that let you roam an open world and find the best route, I prefer more streamlined experiences (same could be said for Jet Set Radio).

Top Bottom