• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Asobi - We're currently hard at work on our most ambitious game yet! Studio Profile | PlayStation

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

Meet Team Asobi! The team behind the PS5 exclusive Astro's Playroom and much more.

We are a new and dynamic PlayStation Studio based in vibrant Tokyo, Japan. We create top-quality games for players of all ages on PlayStation®. Our latest works are the critically acclaimed ASTRO BOT: Rescue Mission for Playstation®VR and ASTRO’s PLAYROOM for PlayStation®5. We're currently hard at work on our most ambitious game yet!

nial

Gold Member
This video is almost a year old, kinda odd that they're uploading it now on the PS channel, maybe some upcoming news?

I said it after playing through Astro (and loving every second of it), give us a full fat game on the scale and scope of a Super Mario Odyssey. Astro was a love letter to all things PlayStation and cool way to expand upon that would to visit different game worlds based on PlayStation 1st party IP. Horizon World, Uncharted World, Ratchet World etc, each making full use of the DualSense with unique mechanics, would be something special.

Anyway, I'm sure it'll be great whatever it is, will be there day 1.

bender

What time is it?
The makers of the best platformer ever known to humankind.
blinx-the-time-sweeper-blinx.gif

Robb

Gold Member
Sure Jan.

Intriguing, how can Sony increase PSVR2 sales without releasing titles for it, because anything VR/VR optional is DOA according to GAF experts?
Both can be true though. Sony need to make more games to sell VR, but the games they make will be DoA since few seem to care for VR overall.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Both can be true though. Sony need to make more games to sell VR, but the games they make will be DoA since few seem to care for VR overall.
Success of sales of VR games is measured by comparing sales to the install base of VR headsets, not the install base of main console.
Success of the headset itself is comparable to the main console install base, but its impossible increase sales of hardware without increasing the offer of software.

Saying PSVR2 is a failure It's basically like saying that the PS5 was a failure because it didn't sell 50m in the first year.
Hardware needs time and software to increase sales and accessories sales will NEVER match the main console sales.
Not being a huge success doesn’t mean it isn't profitable. Just look at Xbox for proof of that.

Robb

Gold Member
Success of sales of VR games is measured by comparing sales to the install base of VR headsets, not the install base of main console.
Success of the headset itself is comparable to the main console install base, but its impossible increase sales of hardware without increasing the offer of software.

Saying PSVR2 is a failure It's basically like saying that the PS5 was a failure because it didn't sell 50m in the first year.
Hardware needs time and software to increase sales and accessories sales will NEVER match the main console sales.
Not being a huge success doesn’t mean it isn't profitable. Just look at Xbox for proof of that.
I’m not arguing VR is a failure. But a series being made VR exclusive is obviously going to be compared to the rest of the games in the series, VR or not. Just like handheld exclusive versions (PSP/Vita) games were.

Sony can shove it out on PSVR, sell 100k and be happy with that I guess. I think most would consider that to be DoA though compared to what could have been.

Ar¢tos

I’m not arguing VR is a failure. But a series being made VR exclusive is obviously going to be compared to the rest of the games in the series, VR or not. Just like handheld exclusive versions (PSP/Vita) games were.

Sony can shove it out on PSVR, sell 100k and be happy with that I guess. I think most would consider that to be DoA though compared to what could have been.
That's why they are doing big games with VR optional modes (GT, RE in partnership with Capcom) so VR spreads via word of mouth and doing good quality smaller games VR only.
If they focused a bit less on GAAS crap they could have more studios doing VR games and sales of PSVR2 would be better in a few months.

Robb

Gold Member
That's why they are doing big games with VR optional modes (GT, RE in partnership with Capcom) so VR spreads via word of mouth and doing good quality smaller games VR only.
If they focused a bit less on GAAS crap they could have more studios doing VR games and sales of PSVR2 would be better in a few months.
Yeah and I think that’s a great compromise. VR-compatible “2D games” is the way to go, at least for now, imo.

Hudo

The only interesting first-party studio that Sony currently have. Can't wait to see what they come up with next.

Top Bottom