• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teaser Trailer for Disney’s ‘Moana’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinokou

I'm not happy with this teaser.

Maui get's approximately 5 times the screen time just from the opening scene and all the speaking time. While Moana is shown maybe for 5 seconds and only gets to say "uhm.." and is passive in 2 out of the 3 appearances. The film still looks promising, but this is absolutely not how I would present the first official teaser as it just feeds the illusion from the poster about Maui being the main character.

Maui get's approximately 5 times the screen time just from the opening scene and all the speaking time. While Moana is shown maybe for 5 seconds and only gets to say "uhm.." and is passive in 2 out of the 3 appearances. The film still looks promising, but this is absolutely not how I would present the first official teaser as it just feeds the illusion from the poster about Maui being the main character.

Wasn't Frozen the same situation though where the trailers made it look disappointing and/or bad with way toomuch focus on the comedy, but turned out to be a misrepresentation of the movie, which turned out to be great?

Kinokou

Wasn't Frozen the same situation though where the trailers made it look disappointing and/or bad with way toomuch focus on the comedy, but turned out to be a misrepresentation of the movie, which turned out to be great?

Yeah, but they started with a pure comedic Svenn and Olaf skit with said nothing about the movie, while this feels like an actual trailer since we get to see a lot. I just didn't like 80% of what they presented due to how it was presented and I hope the movie is great and will not deserve to get the same kind of criticism that I'm flining on this teaser.

My goodness, that section was like 40 seconds. Let's not get carried away now.

Malyse

tumblr_o8o3obVoOh1u1kbduo1_1280.png

tumblr_o8o3obVoOh1u1kbduo2_1280.png

tumblr_o8o3obVoOh1u1kbduo3_1280.png

tumblr_o8o3obVoOh1u1kbduo4_1280.png

tumblr_o8o3obVoOh1u1kbduo5_1280.png

tumblr_o8o3obVoOh1u1kbduo6_1280.png

tumblr_o8o3obVoOh1u1kbduo7_1280.png

tumblr_o8o3obVoOh1u1kbduo8_1280.png

tumblr_o8o3obVoOh1u1kbduo9_1280.png

Get on the train.
That was fantastic. Maui's tattoos look really similar to how they did the Muses on the Greek vases in Hercules. I'm sure the music is going to be really catchy too.

It's Lin-Manuel Miranda.

adg1034

Sure sounded like him

Yeah, that's definitely him. I'm curious to see how many of the songs are sung by the characters themselves, and how many are done as voice-over like this (think: Circle of Life). Because I wasn't actually expecting to hear him in the movie, just his music.

Tuck

Can't say I like Maui's personality and VA, based on that trailer. But the movie itself looks stunning. I'm sure it'll be good.

Osahi

Absolutely gorgeous. Trailer itself didn't really connect, as it is more of a teaser thingie, but those animations....

Disney is having a sort of third renaissance lately (though they still need to reach the 90ies level), so I have good hopes this will be great

Moonkid

Shiet, I didn't know Dwayne Johnson was playing Maui as in the Maui from Pacific mythology. I remember reading some picture books about him as a kid, pretty out there stuff.

Maui's tattoos look like total crap. Embarrassing for a Polynesian.

Yeah they looking like shit. Loving the choice of The Rock for the voice acting though. Really shocked he hasn't done a Disney cartoon yet, it was a foregone conclusion. He seems like he's gonna be great.

You can tell from that short snippet the music is gonna be so good. Great to get lin manuel miranda in here and The Rock has a pretty decent singing voice going by those old Rock in concert heel promos he used to do.

I asked this in the last Moans thread but didn't get an answer. Is this film related to the Volcano short from a couple of years ago?

Nope. And thank God, that shit was terrible. This idea stemmed from the two directors who were looking into islander culture and wanted to make a movie from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom