• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tech Romancer - is it any good?

auslander

mafshirt2pp.gif

It's pretty average. If I recall correctly, the game was made using Playstation arcade hardware, so it felt somewhat dated even when it came out.

If you don't have Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram... you must get!

Xiaoki

Tech Romancer was one of those games that had pretty shallow gameplay but was worth it because of all the other stuff to it.
The Story mode was pretty good and interesting. Some of the extras like anime FMVs and slide puzzles were cool.
But if you want a fighting game for it's gameplay alone then I can't reccomend it.

The American version of VOOT was one of the biggest crimes commited to a video game. Screw you Sega of America.

Tech Romancer is in a word, the best fighting game on Dreamcast.

Sure everyone will say shit likenooo! powerstone or other lameshit like OMG SOUL CARRIBUR! you know what? Thats wrong.

See Tech Romancer is one of those Capcom games that represents everything I fukin LUV about capcom. I mean first off, the story mode is a full featured branching and often fukin hilarious spoofs on various mecha anime or anime in general.

Then ya got the graphics, which rock. They arent all LOOK SHINY HAIR SO REAL LEMME GO GET SHOTS FOR GAF. THey're all about looking anime fukin robots. Explosions are big, and the weapone ffects are pretty badass. The super moves and finishin moves are all very creative too.

GAMEPLAY ROCKS! The armor, the lifebar, the various unique weapons you can pick up.

See at this point I dont know why anyone is asking this dumb question unless they havent played it cause Tech Romancer is to Dreamcast as God is to Church people.

Go get a copy you fuk.

carlos

I've been lurking for over a year, and I think its the first time that I almost completely agree with MAF on something.... even the VMU minigames were pretty good

Temujin

It's good, but far from the best fighting game on Dreamcast. I understand why people love it, but I didn't really get into it as much as I did with the other Capcom DC fighters (Project Justice = love)

MrAngryFace said:
Go get a copy you fuk.

:lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'd get Project Justice or 3rd Strike before Tech Romancer, but I loved the shit out of it. I wish I had a copy...

lachesis

If you are into giant robot animes, this game is a god-given. Has tons of anime-related humor imbedded, and the game's quirky fun is quite amusing as well. A good game. :)

MrAngryFace said:
Tech Romancer is in a word, the best fighting game on Dreamcast.

Sure everyone will say shit likenooo! powerstone or other lameshit like OMG SOUL CARRIBUR! you know what? Thats wrong.

See Tech Romancer is one of those Capcom games that represents everything I fukin LUV about capcom. I mean first off, the story mode is a full featured branching and often fukin hilarious spoofs on various mecha anime or anime in general.

Then ya got the graphics, which rock. They arent all LOOK SHINY HAIR SO REAL LEMME GO GET SHOTS FOR GAF. THey're all about looking anime fukin robots. Explosions are big, and the weapone ffects are pretty badass. The super moves and finishin moves are all very creative too.

GAMEPLAY ROCKS! The armor, the lifebar, the various unique weapons you can pick up.

See at this point I dont know why anyone is asking this dumb question unless they havent played it cause Tech Romancer is to Dreamcast as God is to Church people.

Go get a copy you fuk.

Wow! I wouldn't go that far, but I too enjoy the HELL out of Tech Romaner. Listen to the naysayers if you must, but you can probably find the game for less than $10, and it's a blast to play. I own the US and the import Japanese version. I liked the game for what it was, a goofy parody of various anime mech shows, with a pretty good fighting engine. The game plays surprisingly well (once you get down the basic mechanics). I'd say yo owe it to yourself to snag a copy. But to each his own.............

First 20 minutes wowser i love this game! after that i found it pretty crap and all the mechs suck minus 2/3 i couldn't get jin's due to no batteries on my vmu :(.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
It's the primary reason I bought one of those Sega/Agetec arcade sticks for DC. No joke.

Top Bottom