• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ted Kaczynski, aka the Unabomber, has passed away at 81 years of age

TheMan

A tortured (literally?) genius who channeled his energies into killing others has passed away. I had no idea he was that old actually.

EDIT:
looks like it was a suicide

Last edited:

Winter John

Gold Member
They’re mourning him here. Drinking a salute to the old nutjob. The thing is out here in Montana he wasn’t a fringe element. His views weren’t seen as extreme. His actions were, but there’s plenty of folks who would agree with all the shit in his manifesto. I could throw a rock down the street right now and probably hit 4 guys just like him.

Trilobit

I'll take this opportunity to recommend the show Manhunt from 2017. Extremely well made and exciting. Also has Sam Worthington with good acting for once.

gmsopioenh39xhedtfpwgi2lwnj-503.jpg

I thought this guy was already dead. Well, I guess now he is.
I was thinking the exact same thing as I'm pretty sure I read somewhere previously that he died. To me this is a case of an individual who had tremendous brilliance and threw it all away. I'm not even sure what his motivations were, did he want to bomb a couple people because they looked at him bad?

He plead guilty in exchange for life in prison instead of execution.
That's what I don't understand, did they not have enough evidence to convict? I mean what information would he have had that would have benefited anybody? The fact the CIA had their dirty hands in this shows something was up.

Winter John

Gold Member
That's what I don't understand, did they not have enough evidence to convict? I mean what information would he have had that would have benefited anybody? The fact the CIA had their dirty hands in this shows something was up.
What you’re doing there is the same as the nutjobs do by assuming the C.I.A are some all powerful, all knowing organisation. The C.I.A were probably just happy to get the whole thing off their hands.

LordCBH

I remember seeing it on Netflix in my country a few years ago. Either there or maybe Prime if you're an American.

If it’s Netflix I’ll probably watch it via other means since the password sharing thing started. I pay for too many services and I’ll not pay for Netflix too lol

What you’re doing there is the same as the nutjobs do by assuming the C.I.A are some all powerful, all knowing organisation. The C.I.A were probably just happy to get the whole thing off their hands.
Well I'm not a nut job but let's not pretend the C.I.A isn't doing shady shit. Anyways the point being that the fact this man man was allowed to live until he was 81 is a grave injustice to the 3 people he killed and the 20 plus he injured.

Winter John

Gold Member
Well I'm not a nut job but let's not pretend the C.I.A isn't doing shady shit. Anyways the point being that the fact this man man was allowed to live until he was 81 is a grave injustice to the 3 people he killed and the 20 plus he injured.
Absolutely. I 100% agree the C.I.A gets up to shady shit on a daily basis. When it comes to Ted I figure they just wanted to get rid of him. It’s like I said. His views on technology aren’t so extreme out here. There’s plenty who agree with him.

The Fartist

Gold Member
Absolutely. I 100% agree the C.I.A gets up to shady shit on a daily basis. When it comes to Ted I figure they just wanted to get rid of him. It’s like I said. His views on technology aren’t so extreme out here. There’s plenty who agree with him.
Manson was also part of the MK ultra program

Cyberpunkd

And yet the European Union and countless countries worldwide banned death sentence as inhumane and opposed to fundamental human rights nothing can erase, and they don’t seem to be smitten by the wrath of vengeful God. As in many things in life it’s the US that is an outlier here.

Dev1lXYZ

One of the “bogey men”of the 80’s and 90’s that made some waves in the news. When they caught him, he looked scarier than what anyone could have envisioned.

Top Bottom