• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox has revealed a Barbie Console, Barbie themed controller and Barbie Forza Horizon 5 content

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

Dream Console, Meet Dreamhouse​

Xbox Barbie Custom Console

From her DreamHouse to her dream closet, Barbie’s iconic style is unmatched. Now, you can bring her fashion-forward genius to your gaming setup with interchangeable Xbox Wireless Controller faceplates designed after Barbie and Ken’s distinct on-screen outfits. Or go for a complete remodel — in one of our most playful custom console designs in recent years, we’re giving away an Xbox Series S that has been built into the glamorous Barbie DreamHouse. Fans have a chance to win these starting on July 10 on @Xbox and Microsoft Rewards.

Race like Barbie and Ken in Forza Horizon 5

Forza Barbie Screenshot

Barbie is driven by her various ambitions, and she always does it in style. The film sees Barbie hit the road in a classic 1956 Chevrolet Corvette EV Corvette — painted her signature pink hue, of course — while Ken cruises alongside in a 2022 GMC Hummer EV Pickup. Now, Forza Horizon 5 players can join them in virtual versions of both cars. Racing at the intersection of style, speed and self-expression, “Barbie” fans new and old can find the inspiration to follow their own road and get in the game. Everyone who plays Forza Horizon 5will be gifted these themed cars — just download them from the in-game Message Center and they will appear in your garage, ready for racing – even if you don’t live in Barbie Land.

Xbox is All Dolled Up​

Xbox Barbie Dolls

When everybody plays, we all win! Like the cinematic Barbie Land, Xbox is a community made better by how inclusive it is. To celebrate our commitment to being a place for everyone, we’ve rounded up ten Barbie dolls that are reflective of the Barbie line, which is the most diverse doll line on the market. We outfitted them with the latest Xbox Gear fashion, as well as accessories including an Xbox Series S console, Wireless Controller and an Adaptive Controller. Fans can win the dolls as part of an international sweepstakes.

DaGwaphics

You've got to wonder who picks these tie-ins (Barbie, Oreo, etc.).

Some little girl would probably love to have this design though. 🤷‍♂️

What is the button on the bottom of the controller there and these look like snap on covers that fit the controllers. Both of those things do catch my eye (not these specific designs though).

Edit:
controller-zoom.jpg

Looks to be just a mic off/on switch with light, haven't seen that before though. Forthcoming controller revision or just an artist that used the wrong model for a render?

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Setting aside the suspension of disbelief, I always wondered how something barely the size of a toddler and the weight of a large doll had the physical ability to fucking wreck so many adults like this.
Mostly the surprise factor and that it doesn't feel pain, but yeah it takes a lot of suspension of disbelief.

Those movies were big nightmare fuel for me as a kid lol

Varteras

Gold Member
Mostly the surprise factor and that it doesn't feel pain, but yeah it takes a lot of suspension of disbelief.

Those movies were big nightmare fuel for me as a kid lol

Dude, for real. I had nightmares about headless dolls all over our house coming to life and trying to eat me with split open necks for years. Because of this movie.

AGRacing

You've got to wonder who picks these tie-ins (Barbie, Oreo, etc.).

Some little girl would probably love to have this design though. 🤷‍♂️

What is the button on the bottom of the controller there and these look like snap on covers that fit the controllers. Both of those things do catch my eye (not these specific designs though).

Edit:
controller-zoom.jpg

Looks to be just a mic off/on switch with light, haven't seen that before though. Forthcoming controller revision or just an artist that used the wrong model for a render?
This is the real news!

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
Good.

If MS want to create or expand new markets, more power to them. Can’t see it working myself, but I guess their market research team gave them a range of wedges to drive and they chose this one.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Why is everything pink? Isn't that a "girly" stereotype? Current year told me boys and girls are the same and we enjoy the same things in the same way. Has't Barbie evolved yet?

It's a movie themed one.

Last edited:

Eotheod

Why is everything pink? Isn't that a "girly" stereotype? Current year told me boys and girls are the same and we enjoy the same things in the same way. Has't Barbie evolved yet?
I fucking love the colour pink. Great colour that works well with orange.

Fredrik

Yeah what’s up with that? Barbie is clearly not suitable for a modern audience, someone should tell Eurogamer to write an article.

Tams

Barbie is currently in theatre to become Bobby...

Top Bottom