• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 - Jin, Devil Jin and Josie revealed.

Kain

I agree default costume Hilde is good design, but SC in general falls for the same tropes as Tekken and most fighters (I have to say I've never played Bloody roar for example).

Nina has always had a good design, she is a killer ready for combat and it shows, it's simple, they should have followed her example for other female characters instead of going full moe.

synce

That new Jin costume is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen, ever. And I once saw people throwing monkey poop at each other

Sayah

If only they look like Soul Calibur women. Tekken's characters don't seem as serious or fighter looking as Soul Calibur's characters.

What?

ibiooe970cYKKj.gif

ie7n8Ry3TLzTI.gif

ibrxiG8KmvfY1a.gif

lol

come on, man. if you wanna get into the details, i'm pretty sure in Islam no symbols are supposed to be given that much value - in this case, the arabic word for god which is somewhat symbolic is still not any actual representation of god whatsoever otherwise it would be consider idol worship, amounting to one of the worst sins in Islam. all things considered, nothing was intentionally OR inherently offensive, and I really just think the voice of Muslim people often just complain about things too much. a similar thing happened with a katy perry video, as well as littlebigplanet and both of those times I don't their arguments had merit either.

Zafina was supposed to be made to connect to the Arab fanbase? Hm, really don't see how. Shaheen looks like a cool character though, and a good guy ("I don't want to fight you", "I am not happy about this victory").

Are you kidding me? Muslims don't even touch the Quran before performing ablution. Treating the Quran or God's name in respect doesn't equate to performing idol worship.

I don't even know why you started this random topic out of nowhere.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Still not liking Jin's top, those arms are yeeesh.

Praying for alt costumes because Josie's is kinda meh as well, her fighting style looks awesome though and its crazy that this may be the first Tekken where I actually put considerate effort into more than one character. I may just put Asuka on the back burner for LC, and start work on Josie or Kat after I feel confident in playing her. Just thinking about it is crazy since I've been a Jun/Asuka user for ages. :lol

Cat

Are there no 2P costumes again? Like in TTT2? Jin was released recently, and I saw pictures of his new outfit in white as if that's the 2P version.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Are there no 2P costumes again? Like in TTT2? Jin was released recently, and I saw pictures of his new outfit in white as if that's the 2P version.

It's looking doubtful. I believe Harada made a comment on twitter about not seeing the point in Alts when customization is a thing. A lot of Harada's comments come off sounding more like excuses than thoughtful decisions though.

Cat

It's looking doubtful. I believe Harada made a comment on twitter about not seeing the point in Alts when customization is a thing. A lot of Harada's comments come off sounding more like excuses than thoughtful decisions though.

That sucks. I'm happy for one of my friends and other fans that wanted a hoodie for a Jin, but I've never been a fan of that outfit and just assumed that a non-hoodie alt would be an option. Customization went downhill in TTT2 and even if it hadn't, I've always liked that the characters had two outfits. What a letdown, even after I have greatly reduced my expectations on the franchise after Tekken 6.

Top Bottom