• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 - Lucky Chloe revealed

Raynes

Seems I'm through with Tekken for good. Vampires, Barby dolls? After Tekken 6 they have lost me and this doesn't want me to come back. Was a fun time, played since Tekken 1, but it's time to put it to rest. =/

Agreed man.

Squire

Banned
Is Xiaoyu really considered to be a Loli? I don't think I ever got that from her, though she's obviously meant to be cute.

Cross your fingers and pray for some junk in the trunk for SF5

Rmika-buttattack.gif

The day R Mika comes back ill be happy.

Ugh, what is this.

Don't get me wrong, Felicia was one of my favorite Darkstalkers characters, but this moe stuff doesn't belong in Tekken. Not only that, but they couldn't even give her a unique fighting style. Half these moves are straight Xiaoyu ripoffs.

ShinMaruku

I don't like the character design but something like this definitely will not be invalidating a Tekken 7 purchase. Game looks too good and gameplay changes are even better.

This is just a continuance of anime design that started with Alisa and Lars in Tekken 6 except this is super extreme anime design. lol.

I can tolerate it.

I think most will move on. If she plays great and the game is great that is all that matters to me.

Dugna

Again Tekken has had animals fight, all nationalies representing, I believe most all races, wooden dolls, robots, demons, samurais, ninjas. I mean ffs Tekken was never a super serious game....

Sayah

I think most will move on. If she plays great and the game is great that is all that matters to me.

Pretty much. If the game is great, I don't really care.

I'm not going to let one character ruin an entire game for me.

People seem offended but I can tolerate her. All that salt though.

HeelPower

I don't agree that all recent Tekken designs have been bad.

Miguel,Leo,Zafina were great additions in Tekken 6 ,but then you had meh(Lars and Alisa) awful(Bob)

Toxi

Banned
...I don't know. I like the craziness of Tekken rosters, but this much stereotypical cuteness burns.

AAK

Again Tekken has had animals fight, all nationalies representing, I believe most all races, wooden dolls, robots, demons, samurais, ninjas. I mean ffs Tekken was never a super serious game....

While I agree it wasn't suuuuper serious... the tone between Tekken from Tekken 2 & Tekken 3 to now is night and day.

They got rid of the dark cyberpunk world of the mysterious Zaibatsu conglomerate holding these tournaments from Tekken 2 and 3. And it's now the adventures of Goku mishima/kawaii robot & their shitty friends saving the world from emo-lord Jin. Here are the new characters we got in Tekken 3:

Eddy: Capoera, Hwoarang: Baek, Ling: (some kind of Kung Fu), Bryan: Kick-boxing, etc.

The 6 last revealed characters Tekken got were Lars, Alisa, Eliza, Katarina, Claudio, and now Chloe.

Doesn't it say something about how different they're catering their new characters. Before we'd get believable yet cool new characters based on legitimate martial arts. Now the only character that has a martial art is Katarina while everyone else is one Anime trope after the other.

I love Tekken more than anything... but it is way too obvious that they've given up on us legacy fans and are willing to alienate us to seek a brand new demographic.

Deps

I wonder what the reception for Chloe is like in Japan, I'm betting they're hype as fuck hahaha.

I just hope this isn't a sign that most of the focus for T7 is on the Japanese audience. If SF5 goes straight to console, T7 will make an absolute killing in arcades and we might have to wait forever for a console version.

Manbig

I don't like the character design but something like this definitely will not be invalidating a Tekken 7 purchase. Game looks too good and gameplay changes are even better.

This is just a continuance of anime design that started with Alisa and Lars in Tekken 6 except this is super extreme anime design. lol.

I can tolerate it.

That's what really makes me hate it even more. They add THIS kind of nonsense and then are going to have to cut out old favorites to keep it to 36 - 38 like Harada said?

Fuck outta here with this shit, Harada.

Dugna

While I agree it wasn't suuuuper serious... the tone between Tekken from Tekken 2 & Tekken 3 to now is night and day.

They got rid of the dark cyberpunk world of the mysterious Zaibatsu conglomerate holding these tournaments from Tekken 2 and 3. And it's now the adventures of Goku mishima/kawaii robot & their shitty friends saving the world from emo-lord Jin. Here are the new characters we got in Tekken 3:

Eddy: Capoera, Hwoarang: Baek, Ling: (some kind of Kung Fu), Bryan: Kick-boxing, etc.

The 6 last revealed characters Tekken got were Lars, Alisa, Eliza, Katarina, Claudio, and now Chloe.

Doesn't it say something about how different they're catering their new characters. Before we'd get believable yet cool new characters based on legitimate martial arts. Now the only character that has a martial art is Katarina while everyone else is one Anime trope after the other.

I love Tekken more than anything... but it is way too obvious that they've given up on us legacy fans and are willing to alienate us to seek a brand new demographic.

So now they're going back to the storyline involving Kazuya and Heihachi (more serious stuff) while creating more and more characters that they can fit inside.

Dunno I legitimately grew up playing tekken from 1 to 5 (took a break) then 6 to present. I don't think the game has changed that much, they just took a break from the constant serious organization stuff.

EDIT: Also wasn't Miguel and Dragunov part of those newer fighters who have real fighting styles also?

HeelPower

Maybe some of the new character designs do that ,but the gameplay is hardcore fans first in every possible way.

TTT2 was basically get good at Tekken or GTFO.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

Yeah, but it was never this obnoxiously typical.

AAK

So now they're going back to the storyline involving Kazuya and Heihachi (more serious stuff) while creating more and more characters that they can fit inside.

Dunno I legitimately grew up playing tekken from 1 to 5 (took a break) then 6 to present. I don't think the game has changed that much, they just took a break from the constant serious organization stuff.

EDIT: Also wasn't Miguel and Dragunov part of those newer fighters who have real fighting styles also?

Miguel was revealed in 2007, Dragunov in 2005.... that's 7+ years ago man. This downward spiral has started post-bloodline rebellion.

And when I was talking about the Dark Cyberpunk atmosphere I wasn't talking about the Kazuya vs Heihachi storyline because by that logic the Tekken Blood Vengeance movie would count too and that was just japanese school-girl+robo lesbo action + other slice of life anime fuckery. The Dark Cyberpunk world is the combination of all these cool characters in the environment reliving 80's-90's Hong Kong action cinema in the best way videogames can. Tekken doesn't give that feeling anymore at all.

Maybe some of the new character designs do that ,but the gameplay is hardcore fans first in every possible way.

TTT2 was basically get good at Tekken or GTFO.

If I only played games for the system I'd also be playing Arcana Heart, Aquapazza, and Degenki Waifu Simulator as well right now. Aesthetics matter to me. Tekken is just a special case where they had enough of what I loved about the game for me to tolerate all the nonsense they're bringing in.

EDIT: Dammit, I need to calm down. Gonna go sleep and hope I feel better in the morning.

lol typical reactions ITT

She reminds me of mingnon from that 3d kof.

174. 174. One-Hundred and Seventy-Four.

Looking at the video and the actual movesets Lucky has way more in common with Mignon then she ever could with Marie Rose. We're talking the whole package here; Moveset & Look. Shit, she reminds me more of Eileen then she does Marie Rose when I think about it anyhow.

Everybody sees what that want to see. This includes opinions that this one character is making you drop the series. You'll calm down and see it was a design choice, accept this fact and play some Tekken, DoA or whatever the hell you wish to complain about that has no merit anyhow.

Top Bottom