• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 8 | Season 1 Trailer

Lidia is meh.
Where tf is my Anna!!! Don't understand why they choose Lidia over Anna, Armor King, Marduk, Roger, Ganryu, Julia,....
Only interesting thing in this trailer is Photomode.

Last edited:

nikos

So many people review bombing this game because of cosmetic microtransactions, but look at the package it has provided out of the box and all of the content we're already receiving. Meanwhile, Street Fighter 6 has yet to see a major balance patch.

I bought this game day one and still haven't learned it but it does so many things right. I need to play it more.

Brigandier

Straight-up cried when I saw Lidia.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

So many people review bombing this game because of cosmetic microtransactions, but look at the package it has provided out of the box and all of the content we're already receiving. Meanwhile, Street Fighter 6 has yet to see a major balance patch.

I bought this game day one and still haven't learned it but it does so many things right. I need to play it more.
The game is unbalanced as fuck , match making system not working, no ban/punishment for pluggers, bad netcode... too many reasons for review bombing not just because of cosmetic microtransactions.

Last edited:

Dev1lXYZ

You can’t beat free! I wish Capcom would have gone this route with SF6.

P.S. I love both games.

Last edited:

tommib

I got Tekken 8 last week but haven't played it much because of Stellar Blade.

Can someone give me tips on the order to do things? I'm still going through the Story mode. Where should I go after?

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent

Can someone give me tips on the order to do things? I'm still going through the Story mode. Where should I go after?
There’s this goofy adventure mode with chibi characters— that is the games tutorial and it is really well done.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Yeah...
I like Lidia, and she, again, inspired me to pick up Karate since Tekken 7.

I'm just confused how is that weird.
I’ll be kind to say it’s not something you would openly share with other dudes because it makes you look like a fucking weird ass sissy bitch mofo. It ain’t manly to cry and most dudes are raised under that premise.

The better approach is not mentioning the crying and just being excited and emotionally invested.

This goes even back to the “what games have made you cry?” Topic that comes up often. Lots of folks in there shitting on folks who tear up. Again, most guys are raised to not be pussies. Don’t cry. Ever.

That’s where THEY are coming from. There’s nothing wrong with being emotionally invested in anything that brings you joy. The world is a pretty dark and shitty place. If lidia brightens that up for you and gives you tears of joy, then good for you.

Lastly, because I’m in the camp of “no crying”:

laughing-weak.gif

Last edited:
I’ll be kind to say it’s not something you would openly share with other dudes because it makes you look like a fucking weird ass sissy bitch mofo. It ain’t manly to cry and most dudes are raised under that premise.
If being passionate about fighting games, and liking a character so much that their reveal makes me cry, makes me a quote on quote "weird ass sissy bitch mofo", I have absolutely no issue owning that title like a badge.

The responses to my comment have been deeply embarrassing...

(Edit: I highlighted that part, but I read your whole comment, by the way. I appreciate your response.)

Last edited:

YCoCg

- Story Mode
- Character Chapters
- Arcade Quest

Then free to do whatever, customise your main (after character chapters and arcade quest you should have a feeling for each character), play some Tekken Ball, go online and get your ass handed to you, the choice is yours.

Season 4 Andy GIF by The Office

I am just baffled that they are going to make everyone wait until Summer to make Tekken Ball stage available. Better late than never I suppose.

P.S. If the leaks are accurate than I guess Fahkumram and Marduk are next... :sleep:

SkylineRKR

The game is unbalanced as fuck , match making system not working, no ban/punishment for pluggers, bad netcode... too many reasons for review bombing not just because of cosmetic microtransactions.

All is true. I dropped it after a month or so. The game is still brand new, it didn't have the arcade to cook in for over a year. So the game might end up in a good place but I dislike the heat system which is integral to T8 so idk.

Right now I don't like the game at all.

Top Bottom