• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition digital download confirmed, cheaper than retail

Hobby

From the Japanese official site. Retail is 6980 yen, download is 6280 yen. More than 16.7 GB of space required.

EjGYo.jpg

http://www.tekken-official.jp/tag2wiiu/

tnaden

Might just get this! 17gig on a 2TB HDD barely scratches it.
Feel sorry for everyone with a download cap right about now.

Jesus at that space. Hopefully developers won't start uncompressing things unnecessarily boosting the file sizes. It would take forever to download this through wifi.

Drago

Wonder if it will get a digital release worldwide, complete with a discount everywhere too...

Also, 17GB?! That's huge!

Link? I don't know when or if he ever said that

Yeah, I think he is confusing Iwata stating that all Nintendo published titles as being available digitally day 1 from now on. Third party titles aren't included unless nintendo is publishing I believe, such as Bayonetta 2. Wonder if Ninja Gaiden will be. Nintendo is handling it this time right?

Wonder if it will get a digital release worldwide, complete with a discount everywhere too...

Also, 17GB?! That's huge!

Well it's obvious that the entire game is pre-rendered.......but seriously, wtf? I would rather have the game run at 1080p and have 720p cut scenes than the other way around.....

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Yeah, I think he is confusing Iwata stating that all Nintendo published titles as being available digitally day 1 from now on. Third party titles aren't included unless nintendo is publishing I believe, such as Bayonetta 2. Wonder if Ninja Gaiden will be. Nintendo is handling it this time right?
i could be wrong. My memory is bad too. I'll edit my post.

Hero

Damn that is a huge download. Good to see that it's cheaper than retail but since this is positive Nintendo news this thread will go unnoticed for the most part.

DonMigs85

The PS3 version is 17.1 GB
Nothing special about this really.
Personally, I'm only really willing to download DVD-sized games.

Thoraxes

It's good to see more people finally leave the DVD ghetto.

I for one welcome our new future now that more people are adapting.

DonMigs85

The point of all the hullabaloo is that it's a lot to download in general. What's the point of your post?

Someone's underpants are too tight it seems.
Since the PS3 and Wii U both have similar capacity discs, it stands to reason they would use the same high-res, high bitrate cinematics and other stuff.

The funny thing is though, even Sony doesn't really seem to have any digital downloads for games that make good use of Blu-Ray's space. For instance, none of the Uncharted games are on the PS Store.

Ridley327

Someone's underpants are too tight it seems.
Since the PS3 and Wii U both have similar capacity discs, it stands to reason they would use the same high-res, high bitrate cinematics and other stuff.

The funny thing is though, even Sony doesn't really seem to have any digital downloads for games that make good use of Blu-Ray's space. For instance, none of the Uncharted games are on the PS Store.

Uncharted 1 and 2 are on the Store.

Top Bottom