• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale making a Jurassic Park episodic game!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twig

Banned
I went to bed early last night and missed this.

NEVER

AGAIN

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Twig said:
now jeff goldblum needs to be a guest start on idle thumbs

I just want him to yell "VIDEO GAMES" so they can use it for the podcast, or have him say "Fuck Nick". That is all that needs to happen.

Twig

Banned
Vinterbird said:
I just want him to yell "VIDEO GAMES" so they can use it for the podcast, or have him say "Fuck Nick". That is all that needs to happen.
It would be enough. But would it be enough? Eh?!

atomsk

Party Pooper
first i read about Y4 localization, and then i read this

BEST. MORNING. EVER.

gotta love the week before E3 news drops

KevinCow

Banned
Could someone explain this joke about Jeff Goldblum? Did they try to get him on one of their previous games or something?

Takao

Banned
HadesGigas said:
http://www.emuparadise.org/fup/up/50440-Jurassic_Park_III_-_Park_Builder_(U)(-Q)-2.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

This game was hard, my Park only ever lasted a year or two in game. :(

Amalthea

Banned
I think the story of the first film/book suits more an adventure than a shooter.
Most scenes in the movie would've been very different if the characters were heavily armed.

Jurassic Park on the Mega CD and on the 3DO was more or leass an adventure with some action elements, but I think it would be possible without any shooting or game-over screens.

Twig

Banned
The only thing I'm worried about is that Jurassic Park is a little more serious than TellTale's usual fare.

I don't want to get stuck in a situation where I'm doing one of those repeatable-scene puzzles, like at the end of the most recent Sam and Max. Somehow it would feel even worse in a less cartoony game.

Amalthea

Banned
Twig said:
The only thing I'm worried about is that Jurassic Park is a little more serious than TellTale's usual fare.

I don't want to get stuck in a situation where I'm doing one of those repeatable-scene puzzles, like at the end of the most recent Sam and Max. Somehow it would feel even worse in a less cartoony game.

Maybe it's sort of an official parody.

swoon

i loved the jurassic park sega cd adventure game. so telltale has a pretty low barrier to entry for me.

ShogunX

neorej said:
I can totally see this being on Natal...

You're home alone, playing the game, you encounter a T-rex, you must remain completely still for 30 minutes. 2 minutes in, you need to pee and the controller is out of reach... what do you do?

Hmmm something isn't quite right here.

Ominym

Banned
Still pumped.

Umbrella_dinosaur.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I am fucking hyped.

Wizpig

sillymonkey321 said:
I was looking through my Game Informer issue with Infamous 2 on the cover and ahhhhhhhhhh Telltale is making an episodic Jurassic Park game across " multiple platforms" They just say it's going to be a cinematic adventure and the first installment is supposed to hit at the end of the year.

EXCITED!!!!!!!
Not sure if want because
I've never watched a Jurassic Park movie

Gimme Tales of MI Season 2.

Twig

Banned
Kyleripman said:
OOOOOHH.
Telltale has a new deal with NBC Universal to create games based on their intellectual properties. The first game under the deal will be a full "season" using the Jurassic Park license. It's unclear how many episodes that will entail, but previous Telltale seasons have lasted between four and six episodes, with one episode released every month.

Twig

Banned
V_Ben said:
Can somebody get a list together of NBC UP's? :lol Let's see which ones will make great adventure games :D
I can't find a decent list on the internet anywhere, and I'm nowhere near knowledgable enough to hazard a guess, but I did discover that SyFy (nameshudder) falls under the NBC Universal umbrella. O:

http://www.nbcuni.com/About_NBC_Universal/Company_Overview/overview03.shtml

MY BIGGEST HOPE: SyFy Originals inspired one-offs. O: O: O: O:

(I am about 75% serious!)

Realistically, at least SyFy-wise, I could see a potential season of Stargate.

Danielsan

I'm not sure how to feel about this.
On the one hand is F'in Jurasic Park which is awesome and needs a current gen video game adaptation. On the other hand it's Telltale, who are a great developer but I don't see their style of games working with this IP.

Peff

I was about to make a joke of a point and click game based on The Office but it might actually work. I would have liked to see a similar deal with LucasArts instead if they're to use other people's IPs, but Jurassic Park is a good start.

Peff

Now that can make for a really interesting P&C. Wonder if they'll release them both at the same time.

V_Ben

Banned
The PR
LOS ANGELES – Telltale Games is going back in time for a new series of video games.

The developer is creating episodic titles based on the "Back to the Future" and "Jurassic Park" franchises. The popular Universal Studios film trilogies spawned several games in their heyday in the '80s and '90s but have been absent from the interactive realm. The as-yet-untitled Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, PC and Mac games are set to be released this winter.

"I think it's a prime time to reintroduce these properties in the digital world," said Dan Connors, CEO at Telltale Games. "Telltale Games has always set out to be a great storytelling company. We've been honing our chops over the past six years, and we're ready to take on these two iconic properties and continue to advance storytelling in games."

Telltale Games previously created episodic games based on Aardman Animations' Oscar-winning animated film series "Wallace and Gromit," Steve Purcell's comic series "Sam and Max" and Matt Chapman's online cartoon "Homestar Runner." The San Rafael, Calif.-based developer approached Universal Studios when looking for inspiration for their next game series.

"'Jurassic Park' and 'Back to the Future' are two of our broadest and most beloved properties," said Bill Kispert, interactive vice president at Universal Studios. "We were very interested in bringing them into the interactive space, but they're not exactly the kind of properties that lend themselves to the stereotypical shoot-'em-up style of gameplay."

Connors said the games, which are in the early stages of development, would tell new stories extending the "Back to the Future" and "Jurassic Park" lore. He teased that the "Back to the Future" games may include a DeLorean ride back to the 1970s while the "Jurassic Park" games would be intense and add new backstories to the series' man-versus-dinosaur mythology.

"The games are going to exist within these worlds," said Connors. "I wouldn't call these games sequels per se but a new interpretation of their worlds for a new medium. For one generation, it's an introduction to these series. For another generation, it's a thing they can look back on and something they can share warmly with their family and friends."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom