• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 2 |OT| Keep That Hair Short

Didn't get a response from the PSN thread, saw this got bumped so I'll try here...

I'm really tempted to buy this for Vita--ten bucks feels like a great price--but I'm trying to get general impressions on the Vita performance...

1) How does the game run? The general consensus to be "it's okay"--I played through S1 on a iPad 3 which got occasionally stuttery, so I'm not that picky. Just want to be sure there aren't any game-breaking bugs like on the older console versions.

2) Seeing as I played through S1 on a different system, am I really going to notice the lack of narrative/decision carrythrough? No spoilers, just curious. If it's anything like going into Mass Effect 2 without a ME1 save, shouldn't bother me.

lingpanda

Just finished season one and have one question before I start season 2.
Does Lee have to die at the end of season one? Is there a way to make him live? Just cut his arm off?

painey

I just finished this and thought it was awesome.. better than Season 1, although Episode 4 was a bit lame.. but HOLY SHIT, how can you play a game and invest your time and then not even get a fucking ending... is there going to be a season 3?

edit: turns out theres numerous endings.. I just got a piece of shit one.. don't even know why they give you that option..

This is up for pre-order now:

Clem_BloodyFig_a1f74381-7cb2-42b2-a621-7da296138ad5.png

http://shop.thewalkingdead.com/collections/twd-exclusives-collectibles

Card Boy

Banned
Episode 5 spoilers

Dem feels when @
Kennys redemption at making you stay at Wellington with AJ. So sad :(

I promised myself i was going to be Kennys bro this season, fuck Jane

Vashetti

Banned
Finished Season 1, 400 Days, and Episode 1 of S2 on PS4.

Really upset at losing Christa. There's nobody left from the original group. The atmosphere in that scene of her and Clem sat by the fire was so grim, but emotional too. I think they made a mistake separating them so quickly, I would have appreciated having Christa with Clem for at least that whole episode.

I know Kenny comes back, but I'm feeling really bummed out.

Vashetti

Banned
Legitimately teared up at reuniting with Kenny and have sided with him on everything ever since.

Does nobody post in here anymore?

Vashetti

Banned
Finished Season 2.

Stuck with Kenny and let him kill Jane, and my instinct was right. She was just hiding the baby.

Wonder how Season 3 is going to work where I assume you can either end up with Kenny or Jane.

Only 10% of people stayed with Jane... Am I a monster?

Nothing in this season made me cry, but it left me cold and I still feel like I want to cry. So many people had to die, and for what... I miss Lee.

Only 10%? Man, that decision got skewed later on. I remember there being a 50/50 split in the days after release.

Kenny all the way, though.

Played each episode at launch, took a delay to finally play episode 5. Re-played the whole season on ps4 and damn episode 5 was GOOD. It really felt like a great tv episode. Then i realized i picked a shitty ending. =(

Went with Jane letting the family in. I didn't really want to kill Kenny, it just felt like the right thing to do. His last words with Clem was fucking powerful and even made me more happy with the choice. But then the damn baby is alive and now i'm stuck with Jane. I didn't realize leaving her going solo was a true ending til after, but honestly that's ridiculous. 9+ days with a baby, in bad weather and no food what so ever? Too much of a reach for me.

Jane's endings didn't have any real closure. Turning away the family is god awful, turning Clem evil is the opposite direction i would want her character to go in. Bringing in the family is nice but i feel like the dumb gun swerve at the end means some type of conflict will happen sooner or later. Not really interesting.

The Kenny endings are amazing and i'm very tempted to switch over. I feel like both endings will end being the same start for season 3 (they get back to wellington months later or kenny comes back months later). If i decide to switch over, i'll probably go with staying in wellington without Kenny. He needs to travel in peace and AJ won't last a second in the weather (even though surviving 9 days already is ridiculous enough), so realistically it feels like the right move.

All in all great season. I think S1 had overall better characters but i feel like the writing was more solid this time around. Guess gotta wait for S3 now =/

Question about the beginning of season 2:

Does Clementine always find and stick together with Omir and Christa?

Does any of the stuff lee tells her in the end of season one matter then?

Keep your hair short... Avoid cities... Stay alone... Find a group... Find omid and Christa...

What if I tell the couple to go to the train, and Clem to go to the boat area? They still find each other?

Question about the beginning of season 2:

Does Clementine always find and stick together with Omir and Christa?

Does any of the stuff lee tells her in the end of season one matter then?

Keep your hair short... Avoid cities... Stay alone... Find a group... Find omid and Christa...

What if I tell the couple to go to the train, and Clem to go to the boat area? They still find each other?

None of that matters, no.

Decisions from season 1 play virtually no part in season 2 beyond some alternate dialogue here and there that doesn't matter.

Just finished Season 2... loved how the end actually splits everything up and really makes a difference this time.

For my main save I ended up alone with AJ heading south.

I mean, Kenny was losing it. You can't just let someone like that kill somebody else without reason.

The thing is, you can't really forget Jane either. Who does something like what she did "to prove a point"?! Screw her.

Made sure to replay the final chapter a few times to get the other endings. I wish I liked Kenny enough to get one of his endings, but that would not be my "true" path.

Anxious to see how they start season 3 with so many different andings on season 2.

jond76

Banned
Just got around to finishing this.

Kenny begging me to stay at Wellington was rough on the feels. Ooof. Jane hiding the baby to prove a point was terrible judgment on her part, considering she could have (and did) lost and the baby would be out there flapping. Kenny all the way. Emotional ass ending. Great stuff

cj_iwakura

Finished Episode 1. Vita port is garbage, but I'll manage. I hope the rest isn't as agony-driven as Episode 1, that was just brutal. I don't need to see a kid suffering pain through the whole game, thanks.

cj_iwakura

Just finished, went with Kenny.

Jane was an idiot for pulling that, no regrets. Stayed in Wellington, it was the right thing to do for the kid. He'd never survive out there.

Rymuth

Just finished. Telltale is so predictable with their telegraphing. It was obvious when EVERYBODY was piling on Kenny that HE was going to be in the right. I thought, "Nuh uh, Telltale. You're a one-trick pony. It's gonna turn out that Kenny's right."

Welp, the other assholes
shot me
and
Jane pulled a prank during the zombiapocalypse
. Only in a TTG does that kind of hilarity occur.

I stayed at Wellington. Felt it was a nice bookend to Kenny's arc but I'm curious how Season 3 would work if I chose the leave ending.

Faynwulf

Oh boy do I hope we get to see Mike, Arvo and Bonnie again... I don't think I've ever felt so much hate while playing a game.

Top Bottom