• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Temple of Elemental Evil: worth it after patches?

I've found myself craving a new PC RPG to play (I like the Icewind Dale games, Torment, Fallout, Morrowind; hate Diablo clones), and ToEE seems like it's the closest to what I might enjoy. The demo seemed pretty enjoyable, if slow (especially those menus, sheesh). Is it worth playing now, for the price and after the official and fan patches are applied?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
jiji said:
I've found myself craving a new PC RPG to play (I like the Icewind Dale games, Torment, Fallout, Morrowind; hate Diablo clones), and ToEE seems like it's the closest to what I might enjoy. The demo seemed pretty enjoyable, if slow (especially those menus, sheesh). Is it worth playing now, for the price and after the official and fan patches are applied?

No..
I myself have tried to play this game a number of times... it is just really....lifeless....

Ristamar

I've been wondering about this, too. I know alot of the initial backlash had to do with the myriad of glitches and nuances in the game. Good post.

IJoel

The main issue of this game is that it's dull and uninspired. Add boring to that. Well, from what I played, which admittedly wasn't much.

Lionheart was a much worse game, but Temple of Elemental Evil is ok if you REALLY know your DnD rules n crap. Dont expect a story, but dont expect Icewind Dale combat either.

My main problem with the game was the lack of any real sense of context. It felt like nethack. the houses that were in the game actually were something you could enter, but nothing happened in them, its as if they were created for the sole purpose of not doing anything.

Blackace

MrAngryFace said:
Lionheart was a much worse game, but Temple of Elemental Evil is ok if you REALLY know your DnD rules n crap. Dont expect a story, but dont expect Icewind Dale combat either.

My main problem with the game was the lack of any real sense of context. It felt like nethack. the houses that were in the game actually were something you could enter, but nothing happened in them, its as if they were created for the sole purpose of not doing anything.

exactly!!! but at least lionheart had some intresting points in it...not many but a few...

Blackace

MrAngryFace said:
Lionheart sucked. TOEE at least did well at what it did do. I CANNOT BACK UP LIONHEART! TOTAL WASTE!

Well storywise I quite liked it... however after the first town it seemed like a team of Apes took over making the plot

Top Bottom