• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terminator Zero - 8 episode anime | Production I.G | Netflix, Aug. 29

near

Gold Member
Director: Masashi Kudo
Writer/Showrunner: Mattson Tomlin
Animation studio: Production I.G
Episodes: 8

2022: A future war has raged for decades between the few human survivors and an endless army of machines. 1997: The AI known as Skynet gained self-awareness and began its war against humanity.

Caught between the future and this past is a soldier sent back in time to change the fate of humanity. She arrives in 1997 to protect a scientist named Malcolm Lee who works to launch a new AI system designed to compete with Skynet’s impending attack on humanity. As Malcolm navigates the moral complexities of his creation, he’s hunted by an unrelenting assassin from the future, which forever alters the fate of his three children.

There is a small teaser trailer but it has no animation. Some first look images have dropped on the other hand:

WU3lG5a.jpeg

qAtCzw9.jpeg

U4MxjNW.jpeg

MdI1YcN.jpeg

https://www.netflix.com/tudum/articles/terminator-anime-release-date-photos-news
https://www.netflix.com/title/81217220

Just stumbled on this and it quickly got me excited. Hype?

Masashi Kudo was the character designer on BLEACH. Interesting to see he's directing now. I'll give it a go. Production IG are actually a good studio... Mostly.

In general.

How hypocritical is Hollywood and especially Warner Bros, mocked and even ridiculed Japan and Anime.

And now it turns out that now they do want their productions with Japan.

How pathetic they are in Hollywood and those companies.

The same thing are in videogames.

Last edited:

Lambogenie

In general.

How hypocritical is Hollywood and especially Warner Bros, mocked and even ridiculed Japan and Anime.

Now?

Matrix did this time ago. A few others but probably Matrix was most well known.

I'm still waiting for Harry Potter anime. Can't stand the movies.

In general.

Yeah it is funny seeing this happen when they were shitting on Japan a couple of years ago

Also I have hope that this Terminator Anime might be great due to how awesome Cyberpunk Edgerunners turned out

Yes different anime studios but anime studios in general tend to focus on quality and making sure to tell a good story over anything else

thefool

In general.

Anime is popular and it's not been meddled as much as their stuff. They want to control the medium.

In general.

Yeah it is funny seeing this happen when they were shitting on Japan a couple of years ago
I was wondering if you guys could provide more context here. I am confused about this sentiment that Hollywood hates anime when there have been anime adaptations of multiple western I.P. for 2+ decades and counting. I am also confused about WB since they have producers in WB Japan.

Was this just one guy mocking anime or an entire group of people?

Doom85

I was wondering if you guys could provide more context here. I am confused about this sentiment that Hollywood hates anime when there have been anime adaptations of multiple western I.P. for 2+ decades and counting. I am also confused about WB since they have producers in WB Japan.

I’m not sure who they’re talking about either.

I’m probably forgetting one, but the last big live-action anime film in the US was Battle Angel Alita, and most anime fans seemed happy with that one.

While not a live-action anime, Jordan Peele’s latest film Nope used Evangelion for reference when it came to designs of (spoilers for the film):

the alien creature (specifically using the Angels from Eva as references), as well as an homage to Akira’s iconic bike slide.
Also the Animatrix was a thing, Warner Bros approved the Suicide Squad Isekai, etc.

I mean that Warner Bros. has always been hypocritical, in previous years, they made crude parodies of everything, more of Disney and Anime... Now it turns out that they are interested in animation, and yes... Animatrix is fantastic, but it doesn't take away from what a rude Warner Bros is.

I mean that Warner Bros. has always been hypocritical, in previous years, they made crude parodies of everything, more of Disney and Anime... Now it turns out that they are interested in animation, and yes...
The problem is that I genuinely don't know what you're talking about. This isn't an attempt at a gotcha, I literally have zero knowledge about this and I was wondering if you could at least send me a url or point me in a direction to what you're talking about.

The problem is that I genuinely don't know what you're talking about. This isn't an attempt at a gotcha, I literally have zero knowledge about this and I was wondering if you could at least send me a url or point me in a direction to what you're talking about.

Like this kind of toxic teasing...

Stitch

Gold Member
I mean that Warner Bros. has always been hypocritical, in previous years, they made crude parodies of everything, more of Disney and Anime... Now it turns out that they are interested in animation, and yes... Animatrix is fantastic, but it doesn't take away from what a rude Warner Bros is.
uh warner is producing all of this stuff

and a shitload of anime live-action movies

Sonik

In general.

The cancer always spreads to the healthy cells

Like this kind of toxic teasing...

So I finally managed to watch both. I’m going to give a raw opinion, zero bias.

The first one looks like an homage to eastern animation. If it wasn’t, I feel like they would have simply told a crass joke instead of cranking the animation quality to 11 for an extended period of time. The only way for one to consider this ‘toxic teasing’ would be for the same person to consider the Death Note Simpsons episode to be ‘toxic teasing’.

The second video I can kind of understand what you mean, but it has nothing much to do with anime at all. It’s 90s/early 2000s WB making fun of their competitor, Disney, through animation. They used to throw shots back and forth at each other in subtle ways back then and this was not so subtle. This is clear cut, but since Disney isn’t a country I call it fair game.

I came out of this still confused as to your claim, and I’d like to ask NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt if he can link what he mentioned earlier about what they did a few years ago that was offensive to Japan.

I’m trying to get to the bottom of what this is, or if this was a case of an influencer/youtuber making a random claim/rumor, or if this was a game of telephone about WB and Japan.

Top Bottom