• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terraonion MODE - Dreamcast & Saturn ODE (optical disc emulator for the Saturn and Dreamcast)

Bullet Club

Banned
Introducing MODE (Multi Optical Disc Emulator) for SEGA Saturn & Dreamcast!

•Auto region patching (loads games from different regions without patching games)
• Auto detects the console it's plugged into. No jumpers to configure.
• SATA 2.5 HDD compatible with exfat (works with both hard drives and SSD drives)
• MicroSD
• USB for USB thumbdrives and powered USB hard drives

100% compatible with all Saturn and Dreamcast games!

• Compatible with Redump and Tosec images (for both Dreamcast/Saturn)
• Compatible with CDI, GDI, CCD, MDF, bin/iso+cue images
• Plug and play, no soldering required!
• 2 User interfaces: Simple list view and Advanced Cover Art
• Supports multiple Disc games
• Zero seek times providing faster load times
• Supports Mpeg card, ActionReplay/PseudoSaturnKai, Saturn RAM cart compatible
• DC Digital, DreamPSU and PicoPSU compatible

Tech Data:

• 32-bit MCU at 168MHz with 192KB RAM
• High performance FPGA for accurate data transfer speeds
• USB 2.0 High Speed PHY for high transfer speed from SATA & USB
• Full speed Memory card interface supporting up to 12MB/s
• SATA to USB 2.0 bridge for high speed SATA hard disk access
• Level translators to properly convert signal levels, and support Dreamcast VA0
• Saturn 20pin and 21pin interface with mainboard autodetection
• User IO connector for expansion, and support custom interface boards
• Reset generation and Region selection for Saturn

Max_Po

Banned
Both Saturn and Dreamcast have much cheaper options which do require slight bit of work.... meaning converting images to CDI ...

A word of warning about Terra onion. I purchased a NeoGeo AES SD PRo flash cart i December 2019. After I received it, a month later DHL(courrier) started asking me 105 CDN to pay for import and their own Admin fees. I paid up, and the Carts themselves have problem. Apparently their last batch has mold related issue where you put the cart in the AES it won't work. You either file the plastic..like trim it or wait for these clowns to answer. So far they haven't really given a shit as for 4 months they are waiting for their contacts to reply to them.

One of the worst company to deal with... if you have a problem/issue.

For 60 US you can get a clone GDEmu on ebay and it works perfectly. I have a clone and official GDEMU. That product has been out since 2014 I believe.

I think the price is 217 US for 1 which is way too much.

Last edited:

cireza

Fuck Terraonion and how they fucked all European buyers by not disclosing their move to Andorra.

Also the Mega SD was not perfect, for the price they asked, it was not even beveled. And a few games has audio issues.

Last edited:

Tarin02543

Very nice but I don't want to sacrifice my cd rom unit in my Saturn.

This summer a more elegant solution should become available (at least for Saturn), it's a card that slots into the extension bay. No disassembly, soldering or modifications required.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
How does it install? Is it like Phoebe/Rhea/GDEmu? If so, then why?

Last edited:

cireza

Very nice but I don't want to sacrifice my cd rom unit in my Saturn.

This summer a more elegant solution should become available (at least for Saturn), it's a card that slots into the extension bay. No disassembly, soldering or modifications required.
Absolutely, Satiator is a much more elegant solution.

Top Bottom