• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terraria |OT3| 1.2 many things to dig...

Retro

Hmm I just feel so undecided on whether or not to take my world into hardmode or not, but I already feel overpowered with just molten gear and muramasa. Then again, my world isn't all that special and I could technically just start a new one and tediously transfer my stuff over to it through the character inventory.

Hard mode can basically wreck your world, so I've always created new worlds, set up a temporary base and then triggered it there. NIMBY.

IceMarker

Hmm I just feel so undecided on whether or not to take my world into hardmode or not, but I already feel overpowered with just molten gear and muramasa. Then again, my world isn't all that special and I could technically just start a new one and tediously transfer my stuff over to it through the character inventory.

If you don't activate hardmode you're missing out on over half the game content!

Tks buddy. Definetely a good idea here. I realise I never had a bloodmoon yet. lol

You have to meet certain game criteria. Example. Your max health must be a certain level. Certain number of NPC's, etc.

Also, I'M GOING IN! HARD MODE ENGAGED (hopefully) WISH ME LUCK!

Grinchy

Banned
^I'm going to go ahead and start up hardmode too. I built an arena already, but now the WoF is spawning inconsistently. I've activated him in the same spot each time, and he has gone in both directions. I've also tried using the trick that he spawns behind the direction you're facing, and he's spawned on both sides of that already too. So it seems a bit random. I'll just have to extend my arena I guess.

He wrecked me the first time, second time... well... he wrecked me again... but I was so close. =[. I didn't have an arena though, I was using obsidian skin potion.

Grinchy

Banned
He wrecked me the first time, second time... well... he wrecked me again... but I was so close. =[. I didn't have an arena though, I was using obsidian skin potion.

The first time I fought him, he actually went the right way but I only had about a 500 block surface set up. I had him down to like 15% health left and fell off of my arena and into the lava lol. I hadn't used a new potion in a while since I stupidly assumed I'd beat him on my arena.

HAH! Success! Eat that you son of a bitch!

I'm scared now... also... the Hollow strip spawned into my underground jungle.. meaning the corruption will be spreading faster... GAH!

EDIT: Sooo.. unless you have a fucking Sky City, then don't bother starting Hard mode. All of my fuckers are dying constantly in a completely closed off building... I'm working on a sky building right now, apparently one of the rooms I built was just high enough for a fucking dragon ball z looking mother fucker fly through my (newly built) house and kill most everyone during a bloodmoon. And wtf at the clown with it's explosives and shit? It's not even fun man.

IceMarker

HAH! Success! Eat that you son of a bitch!

I'm scared now... also... the Hollow strip spawned into my underground jungle.. meaning the corruption will be spreading faster... GAH!

EDIT: Sooo.. unless you have a fucking Sky City, then don't bother starting Hard mode. All of my fuckers are dying constantly in a completely closed off building... I'm working on a sky building right now, apparently one of the rooms I built was just high enough for a fucking dragon ball z looking mother fucker fly through my (newly built) house and kill most everyone during a bloodmoon. And wtf at the clown with it's explosives and shit? It's not even fun man.

You have to work a bit to get settled into hardmode, and once your in normal will begin to look like easymode. Also, Clowns used to blow up blocks. They don't anymore.

VandalD

NPC homes suppress normal mob spawning, but a blood moon makes that not happen, just like other events
like the goblin invasion, solar eclipse, and pirate invasion.
. The homes should be safe during normal times. During events, you really shouldn't be around your NPCs at all, unless you don't mind them dying. Mobs can spawn in rooms that are completely blocked off, and there's not much you can do about it.

Grinchy

Banned
I beat WoF and activated Hard Mode on my world. Yeah so the enemies are much harder lol. I think I'm glad I did it though, b/c now I feel like the whole game has started again.

I got a snow globe and didn't read it carefully, thinking it summoned a pet. So within the first 2 minutes of Hard Mode, I started some major shit haha. I really need to go mining and get some mythril so I can make a better weapon with the mythril anvil. I already destroyed a bunch of demon altars.

So...been skimming through this OT here and there as I just started to dive into the Vita version. I'm a Terraria n00b. I thought, "What's this small map crap?? I want the WHOLE map to explore!"

....Yea...thinking that was a mistake.....I have made considerable progress so far, and I am loving every minute of it, but it's soooo big. I am getting tons of ore, but the best I've found is gold. But here are some questions for you pro's out there. I'd check the official sites, buuuut I am working, and my work likes to block out all the fun sites.

What are these "biomes" I keep reading about? Are they the different types of environments? I have yet to fully go all the right or left at the surface, but I do have a snowy area. Are all areas similar to this? Or would there be some areas that you only find underground? Aside from the "hell" type area.

Been killing skeletons as I come across them, but I have yet to get this magical "hook" item I keep reading about to finish my grappling hook.

Do statues you find in the wild do anything? Aside from looking cool in your house, that is. I found a sword statue, and is now on my top floor. And on the topic of housing, can I make a huge home/castle, then section off rooms with the appropriate furniture, and then have all the npcs move in to my giant home?

Lastly, I came across a HUGE swath of purple rock on one side of the map, with Soul Eaters all on the other side. WHAT on Earth, or IN Earth, do I need to break through that magical wall!!!

Thanks in advance all....

BTW...is there a Vita "server"? I have yet to do any online play, but I'd rather play with you all than a bunch of turds. Er, randumbs. Same thing.

nan0

What are these "biomes" I keep reading about? Are they the different types of environments? I have yet to fully go all the right or left at the surface, but I do have a snowy area. Are all areas similar to this? Or would there be some areas that you only find underground? Aside from the "hell" type area.

Yes, Biomes are the differently-themed areas like snow, jungle, desert etc. Some of them also affect the ground below, and there are some different kinds of caves underground.

Been killing skeletons as I come across them, but I have yet to get this magical "hook" item I keep reading about to finish my grappling hook.

It has a pretty low drop rate, IIRC. Check that your inventory isn't full, you won't auto-pickup items then.

Do statues you find in the wild do anything? Aside from looking cool in your house, that is. I found a sword statue, and is now on my top floor. And on the topic of housing, can I make a huge home/castle, then section off rooms with the appropriate furniture, and then have all the npcs move in to my giant home?

Some of the statues do have special effects, but you can't use them until later. You'll need wire and a wrench.

Lastly, I came across a HUGE swath of purple rock on one side of the map, with Soul Eaters all on the other side. WHAT on Earth, or IN Earth, do I need to break through that magical wall!!!

You can mine through that later, when you have a better pickaxe. If a pickaxe can mine something new it's in the description of the item, like "Can mine xyz".

Yes, Biomes are the differently-themed areas like snow, jungle, desert etc. Some of them also affect the ground below, and there are some different kinds of caves underground.

It has a pretty low drop rate, IIRC. Check that your inventory isn't full, you won't auto-pickup items then.

Some of the statues do have special effects, but you can't use them until later. You'll need wire and a wrench.

You can mine through that later, when you have a better pickaxe. If a pickaxe can mine something new it's in the description of the item, like "Can mine xyz".
Super. Thank you for the answers. Yea sure some of it may have been common sense, but in a game world, common sense can quickly go right out the window. Appreciate it!

So...been skimming through this OT here and there as I just started to dive into the Vita version. I'm a Terraria n00b. I thought, "What's this small map crap?? I want the WHOLE map to explore!"

....Yea...thinking that was a mistake.....I have made considerable progress so far, and I am loving every minute of it, but it's soooo big. I am getting tons of ore, but the best I've found is gold. But here are some questions for you pro's out there. I'd check the official sites, buuuut I am working, and my work likes to block out all the fun sites.

BTW...is there a Vita "server"? I have yet to do any online play, but I'd rather play with you all than a bunch of turds. Er, randumbs. Same thing.
Seems like most of your questions have been answered. If I had the Vita version, I'd share my wealth with you.. but I don't lol. Anyway, you should try a "small" map. It's still pretty big, and considering you can make and get into worlds easily while using the same character, it's a much better starting point.

Seems like most of your questions have been answered. If I had the Vita version, I'd share my wealth with you.. but I don't lol. Anyway, you should try a "small" map. It's still pretty big, and considering you can make and get into worlds easily while using the same character, it's a much better starting point.
Yea, most of my qualms are gone now. Thank you though, appreciate the continued help. I do have a few more though...

Can I take my created char, and just start a new small world? I am not really wanting to do this, as I just found an entrance to an area filled with stuff I can't mine. And right beyond that is the corrupted world/biome whatever. I died near instantly upon going in it though. If there weren't so many Soul Eaters flying out of the mouth of this cave I found, I'd be more willing to just dive in...

I'm at work now, though I feel I want to post some screen grabs of my map to see what the Gafconsensus is. I know I can dowhatever I want, and I will, but something about clearing out the huge map makes me feel like I accomplish more, even if it DOES take much longer to do stuff.....

Or am I just hindering myself, making it harder than it needs to be for a first time miner?

Yea, most of my qualms are gone now. Thank you though, appreciate the continued help. I do have a few more though...

Can I take my created char, and just start a new small world? I am not really wanting to do this, as I just found an entrance to an area filled with stuff I can't mine. And right beyond that is the corrupted world/biome whatever. I died near instantly upon going in it though. If there weren't so many Soul Eaters flying out of the mouth of this cave I found, I'd be more willing to just dive in...

I'm at work now, though I feel I want to post some screen grabs of my map to see what the Gafconsensus is. I know I can dowhatever I want, and I will, but something about clearing out the huge map makes me feel like I accomplish more, even if it DOES take much longer to do stuff.....

Or am I just hindering myself, making it harder than it needs to be for a first time miner?
Yes, you can. This game would be impossible without it. I have throw away maps, I just generate, find some stuff I need (example, clear cutting a forest), deleting then creating a new map. I created a small world, just so I can dig to hell (I didn't reach hell on my large map because it's just so big) and get lava to create a lava generator in my main world.

Anyway. Started destroying demon alters. (Hardmode spoilers):
Pirates came by and wrecked my ass, 3 times in a row, found a way to funnel them in an area and would kill them all through a 2 block opening.
Then the same night, the fucking (Hardmode Spoilers):
the twins came by and wrecked my shit again. I got one eye down to like 5k hp, other one was still around 13k.

FUUUUU

Abylim

Ok, semi desperate here, GAF.

I have spent nearly 20 hours trying to corrupt my world. I made a medium world(My friend and I started together, we both decided medium was a nice middle ground) We have thrown unholy waters at everything, but after doing some research, we let the hallow spread waaaay to far.
As a result I'm still at 37% >_<
EDIT: just to clarify, we have mined away a ton of hallow, and there is a lot of corruption. We started mining the jungle away, but there is a lot >_<

Does anyone have a corrupt world, on PS3 or Vita, that they wouldnt mind me connecting to for this god forsaken trophy? I am working towards a hallow world, so that shouldnt be a problem, but i dont have the heart to try again for corruption .

Abylim

I'm on Vita/Ps3, if you ever need anything, hit me up. I do think most of the magic of Terraria is discovery, and id greatly encourage you to try and get your own tools and stuff, atleast the first time. But I can give you whatever you need, or help you with bosses.
PSN Abylim

Abylim

Can any of you guys do an external recording of when you play? I want to see it in person. Thanks.

Unfortunately I cant, but there are demos of it. Playing the tutorial will give you a pretty good idea of whats going on. Barring that, youtube should have something up, video wise.

Sarcasm

I actually don't own any hand held. I am interested in both 3DS and Vita. I made a list for games I would actually play on each. It is why I asked lol.

I don't know anybody with either too...

Grinchy

Banned
I've hit a bit of a wall with the hardmode bosses. I have adamantite armor and I reforged the accessories that I use to get defense buffs. I don't have +4 for each one, but it's like one 4, two 3s, and some 2s. I tried the destroyer recently with the Dao of Pow. I had iron skin and regen potions. I got pretty wrecked by him and probably only got him down to half health.

Costia

I've hit a bit of a wall with the hardmode bosses. I have adamantite armor and I reforged the accessories that I use to get defense buffs. I don't have +4 for each one, but it's like one 4, two 3s, and some 2s. I tried the destroyer recently with the Dao of Pow. I had iron skin and regen potions. I got pretty wrecked by him and probably only got him down to half health.

Use a ranged weapon. I used the gun that drops from the wall of flesh.
Fight him on a long wooden above ground so you can see him coming.
Also, get wings.

So, I haven't updated here in days... so this is where I'm at now..

I started digging a hellevator... figured I needed a quick way down AND... I can mine for rare metals. Not only that, but it would help slow down the spread of the corruption (apparently there is a large chunk on the other side of the hellevator as well.., more on that further on)

In 2 days I got my way to adamantine... well... didn't know how to make adamantine bars at first. apparently you have to craft a hellforge and adamantine together. Anyway. I got a set of armor made out of adamantine. I'm just now breaking into the deep caverns with lava.

So I have a set of adamantine armor, but up until now, I've been using the Marasuma (spelling). Which sucks. I was doing 1 damage on things like possessed armors... sigh... I started to farm crystals while trying not to die from Chaos Elementals in the underground Hollowed and then created a Phasesaber. Holy shit huge improvement.

Finally decided to take on the Destroyer.

Died a couple times. Ended up having to farm some ironskin potions, beat him with that. and resto potions. The little probe things kept dropping healths, so it worked out ok.

Then the game tells you shit in the jungle is going down.. so I head over there the first time.

Jeeeezuuuuus. I have more trouble with the fucking derplings than the fucking destroyer... 50-60 damage in 1 hit. FUUUUCK THAAAAT... I guess it's time for me to farm some more...

By the way, the steampunk lady finally came. Good god... the Cleminator is such a good "gun". It doesn't damage things, but you can buy this "ammo" and it sprays blocks a far distance. What it does is remove the biome attatched to the block and make it neutral. Sooo... I've been spraying all around my hellevator until I can get some brick layed down (since that can't get corrupted/hollowed). But the amazing thing about that weapon is that is "illuminates" an area, so when looking at the map, the fog of war is gone in that area. So I can spray around and see what ores and if there are chests near by. Anyway, started spraying to the "west" of my hellevator to get rid of a lot of that large chunk that is infringing on that side.. though... I'm not sure how well it'll help... Apparently breaking demon alters spawns random chunks of the corruption on the map. But... oh well.

Sadly, that spray ammo is like 30silver each... On the plus side, I have 3 bomb generators and a star generator going maximum output (3 timers) so I can collect and sell all what comes out.

Oh, and the mummy sounds are terrifying. I first encountered one underground... didn't know what it was and all I could hear was the fucking moaning.

Anyway... this game is mentally exhausting. Hard mode is like starting Terraria for the first time... x 10. It's a lot more dangerous and the amount of things you can craft with just is nuts..

Is there a lot of content that's exclusive to the PC? Because I'm getting close to fighting (what I think is) the last boss, and I still haven't run into a lot of ore I've seen in the wiki. Stuff like Platinum, Tin, or Adamantite. I still haven't found much of anything that makes use of magic either. Just a couple useless staffs that move one block of dirt, and two others that shoot water.

Edit: And I still have no idea what the corruption of the world is. That druid girl tells me it's at 2% and I need to try harder. Not quite sure what I should be trying harder at.

Is there a lot of content that's exclusive to the PC? Because I'm getting close to fighting (what I think is) the last boss, and I still haven't run into a lot of ore I've seen in the wiki. Stuff like Platinum, Tin, or Adamantite. I still haven't found much of anything that makes use of magic either. Just a couple useless staffs that move one block of dirt, and two others that shoot water.

Edit: And I still have no idea what the corruption of the world is. That druid girl tells me it's at 2% and I need to try harder. Not quite sure what I should be trying harder at.

Worlds are randomly generated with different type of ores. There are alternatives for different ores.

http://terraria.wikia.com/wiki/Ores

Check the list down the page, it mentions alternative metals.

You also still have hard mode to do... which... if you want to do it, prepare yourself for it. seriously stock up on the best stuff you can.

Grinchy

Banned

You're missing many things because of not being in Hard Mode, but the PSN version is also missing a ton of the 1.2 PC content as well. The PSN version is not up to date with the PC version and there is no word if it ever will be. Many times on the wiki, you will see a computer icon next to an entry, which means it's PC-only. It'll also often say that it's only on PC in the actual entry itself.

The Corruption is a biome. Remember when you were breaking those purplish spheres in the crazy chasms with the annoying flying things coming after you all the time? You probably did this to make the Eater of Worlds spawn. That's the corruption. It spreads on its own. The Druid is just telling you how much of your world has succumbed to the spread.

You're missing many things because of not being in Hard Mode, but the PSN version is also missing a ton of the 1.2 PC content as well. The PSN version is not up to date with the PC version and there is no word if it ever will be. Many times on the wiki, you will see a computer icon next to an entry, which means it's PC-only. It'll also often say that it's only on PC in the actual entry itself.

The Corruption is a biome. Remember when you were breaking those purplish spheres in the crazy chasms with the annoying flying things coming after you all the time? You probably did this to make the Eater of Worlds spawn. That's the corruption. It spreads on its own. The Druid is just telling you how much of your world has succumbed to the spread.

Weird, I thought I heard the PSN version had the 1.2 patch. Hopefully it'll show at some point.

And I had a hunch that area was the corruption. But it's very close to my base and never spread, so I wasn't sure that was it.

Worlds are randomly generated with different type of ores. There are alternatives for different ores.

http://terraria.wikia.com/wiki/Ores

Check the list down the page, it mentions alternative metals.

You also still have hard mode to do... which... if you want to do it, prepare yourself for it. seriously stock up on the best stuff you can.

Anything in particular I should look out for? I have the phase blade which has done me right so far, and this wand that shoots a stream of water that murders anything in it's path.

Grinchy

Banned
Weird, I thought I heard the PSN version had the 1.2 patch. Hopefully it'll show at some point.

And I had a hunch that area was the corruption. But it's very close to my base and never spread, so I wasn't sure that was it.

Yeah, I thought it had the 1.2 patch too. That's why I spent $13 on the Vita version :(

They were a little clever with their wording pre-release so that people like me who weren't reading very carefully would think it was up to date with the PC version. They only ever actually said it had a "sneak peak at the 1.2 features" because a few of the new things made it in. I was pretty damn pissed after spending several hours searching the underground dungeon and not finding a beehive.

Anything in particular I should look out for? I have the phase blade which has done me right so far, and this wand that shoots a stream of water that murders anything in it's path.

If you haven't already, build a skycastle/home and make like.. 18 rooms or something rooms for all the people that will need to move in. 50 blocks up off the ground should be good..

Anyway.

DO NOT sell the phase blade. When you enter hard mode, go mining and look for cobalt (or padallinium... that's the alternate) make new armor if you don't have molten armor...even then molten armor wont hold up long vs hardmode guys.

After getting some armor try farming for crystals in the "hallowed" underground. You'll see them glow, but watch out for some hard ass enemies. Once you get enough crystals (20? I think) build a phase sabre. It's got about double the strength of the phase blade and no compromises.

This Wall of Flesh fight sucks on the console version. I'm fighting the controls more than the boss itself. It would be so much easier with a mouse and keyboard. My strongest weapon doesn't even do much towards him, and I don't think I can build anything stronger at this point.

Grinchy

Banned
This Wall of Flesh fight sucks on the console version. I'm fighting the controls more than the boss itself. It would be so much easier with a mouse and keyboard. My strongest weapon doesn't even do much towards him, and I don't think I can build anything stronger at this point.

Have you made the Phoenix Blaster? That's what I used, with Meteor Shots.

Have you made the Phoenix Blaster? That's what I used, with Meteor Shots.

Yeah, but I can't get the hang of ranged attacks with the sticks so it hasn't been too helpful yet. I'll give it a chance though. I've been using a magic wand that streams an attack (which has kicked ass up to this point), and the upgraded boomerang. But both aren't working too hot. I got him down earlier, but that platforming while fighting got the best of me.

Moofers

I accidentally bought this on PSN. Didn't want it, thought it was a free Vita game for ps+ and thought I'd download it just in case.

Is this worth checking out? I don't even know what this game is about. Looks kind of retro? I dunno. Should I be excited to have this?

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah, but I can't get the hang of ranged attacks with the sticks so it hasn't been too helpful yet. I'll give it a chance though. I've been using a magic wand that streams an attack (which has kicked ass up to this point), and the upgraded boomerang. But both aren't working too hot. I got him down earlier, but that platforming while fighting got the best of me.
It definitely took me a while to get used to ranged attacks without a mouse, but at some point it did click. It'll never be as good as using a mouse, though. You'll probably want to get more used to it though, because Hard Mode will be really awful if you don't. For WoF, did you build yourself a long platform in the Underworld? I had multiple 999 stacks of the candy cane blocks so I just made like a ~1100 block horizontal surface. It really helps with the WoF fight and it makes shooting him with the gun really easy. And while you're building it you can farm some guide dolls.

I accidentally bought this on PSN. Didn't want it, thought it was a free Vita game for ps+ and thought I'd download it just in case.

Is this worth checking out? I don't even know what this game is about. Looks kind of retro? I dunno. Should I be excited to have this?

The game is awesome. It's worth checking out, and if you end up liking it, it'll become videogame crack.

It definitely took me a while to get used to ranged attacks without a mouse, but at some point it did click. It'll never be as good as using a mouse, though. You'll probably want to get more used to it though, because Hard Mode will be really awful if you don't. For WoF, did you build yourself a long platform in the Underworld? I had multiple 999 stacks of the candy cane blocks so I just made like a ~1100 block horizontal surface. It really helps with the WoF fight and it makes shooting him with the gun really easy. And while you're building it you can farm some guide dolls.

Some platforms here and there, but nothing lasting. It didn't even occur to me and I've been flying/grappling to get by.

denx

Terraria in a nutshell:

W1GVC.gif

Yes, you should be excited. Play it RIGHT NOW.

Some platforms here and there, but nothing lasting. It didn't even occur to me and I've been flying/grappling to get by.

So I built a massive platform that stretched a large portion of hell. When I dropped the voodoo doll in the lava at the beginning of the platform, the wall of fleshed approached from the wrong side. Leaving me with no platform to use.

This games inconsistency is driving me crazy. The other day I used up maybe five defense potions to prep for the WoF and when I dropped the voodoo doll he never appeared. Killed the guide but the boss never showed. Wasting all the items.

This game hates me.

So I built a massive platform that stretched a large portion of hell. When I dropped the voodoo doll in the lava at the beginning of the platform, the wall of fleshed approached from the wrong side. Leaving me with no platform to use.

This games inconsistency is driving me crazy. The other day I used up maybe five defense potions to prep for the WoF and when I dropped the voodoo doll he never appeared. Killed the guide but the boss never showed. Wasting all the items.

This game hates me.

It's not inconsistent, you just didn't know the mechanics.

The WoF appears from the side of the map you are closest to. If you are left from the center of the map, it'll appear from the left.

And if the guide hasn't respawned yet, it won't appear.

Grinchy

Banned
I did find the PSN WoF to be inconsistent. I'd drop a guide doll in the same spot, facing the same direction, and have the boss spawn on different sides. It's definitely funky.

I also don't use potions until I know he has spawned because of all the things that can go wrong when trying to spawn him (at least with this PSN version).

It's not inconsistent, you just didn't know the mechanics.

The WoF appears from the side of the map you are closest to. If you are left from the center of the map, it'll appear from the left.

And if the guide hasn't respawned yet, it won't appear.

PSN version has been very inconsistent. First time I summoned him he appeared far away from me, but moving in a direction that made me "behind" him. So his tentacle grabbed me and pulled until I died. I didn't even get a chance to see the creature.

And the guide was alive in the example I mentioned. It even said he was killed, but the boss never appeared.

I did find the PSN WoF to be inconsistent. I'd drop a guide doll in the same spot, facing the same direction, and have the boss spawn on different sides. It's definitely funky.

I also don't use potions until I know he has spawned because of all the things that can go wrong when trying to spawn him (at least with this PSN version).

That'll be easier to do now that I have a pathway. Before I was preparing because I just wouldn't have the time to use the potions and run.

rcl66

Ok going to finally play this game. What's the best version? PC? 360? iPad? Vita? I know it's also personal preference but is one version clearly the best?

Ok going to finally play this game. What's the best version? PC? 360? iPad? Vita? I know it's also personal preference but is one version clearly the best?
PC.
Its up to version 1.2 where the consoles arent. It also can be gotten for like 3$ on the regularon steam....If you play dota or tf2 you can trade for a copy as well.

Grinchy

Banned

I wish the PC version had controller support, but it's the best version. You just won't see me playing it much because I found the mining to be so tedious with a mouse.

Skyzard

Banned
Does it not have the smart mining mode like on vita with smart cursor? You can get pretty hypnotized mining way with it.

Grinchy

Banned
Does it not have the smart mining mode like on vita with smart cursor? You can get pretty hypnotized mining way with it.

As of the last time I played, it didn't. I didn't like having to move the mouse the tiniest bit to point it at every single tiny block. With high dpi and high resolution, it was really tedious to me compared to the way it controls in the console version. The mouse obviously has many other advantages, though. Ranged combat in the Vita version is pretty ass.

Top Bottom