• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terrorism comes to Ohio, plans to blast Columbus mall...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matlock

Banned
http://www.nbc4columbus.com/news/3416035/detail.html

What the shit?

Also, as an aside, looks like Al Quaida hired on Carlton.

2914174_200X150.jpg

shoplifter

I'm not surprised. I worked with a lot of really 'militant Islam' types at my last job. There are a lot of Somalis here in Columbus.

Also, they can blow up the mall down by my apt. It's going to shit anyway.

Matlock

Banned
Drensch said:
Seems pretty dubious. Easton is an incredibly obscure target.

Yeah, I can't follow the logic. I mean, there's only one place of high liability in Ohio, and that's the Summit/Stark county area. Always has been, always will be. Or, at least, until our manufacturing stays the course until they go the way of the buffalo. :p

ohamsie

There's some kind of secret military uranium plant near Ohio University. I drive past a sign pointing it out every time I go up to college.

shoplifter

The company hires lots of Somalis. Most of them do a really good job. I can say from experience (when I worked on the floor there) that there are quite a few angry Muslims there. I don't know if many of them would do something like this though, and everyone who worked with him wouldn't have expected this from him. A few of them wouldn't surprise me if they did. I never worked with this guy though, so I can't comment from personal experience.

I knew quite a few who I used to debate with who felt everything was a Zionist plot. Yes, EVERYTHING, not just Palestine. Many of them you could have an incredibly intelligent conversation with, but a few wouldn't listen to anything (like most other people.)

To be fair, there were many completely level headed Muslims there as well.

hiryu

and that's the Summit/Stark county area.

Ack, yeah having a huge steel mill in the area doesn't exactly make you feel safe. Anyways it was probably the mall right downtown that is surrounded my govt. buildings. There are like 5 buildings next to that house many govt officials and organizations. The govenor is right there too. I have to go there for meetings all the time and I'm pretty sure most of the buildings are open to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom