• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terry Crews building a gaming PC after finding Battlefield 1 fun

Awesome rig.

This guy doesn't half-ass anything.

Also, how the shit did some of you not realise that master race = Nazi reference. It's still just a joke though, so whatever. I do get why people would be upset with its mainstream prevalence.

Also, why are we talking about that in a Terry Crews thread?

He says it in the video.
He also says he's gonna play Uncharted 4 on it, which confused me.

Um no, he didn't say "im going to play uc4 on this." I'm sure his kid has a PS4. Someone in the comments mentioned it and he wanted to call it out. He clearly isn't clueless about this stuff. Seems to be legitimately into gaming and learning more. Cool video

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I always imagined Terry Crews having an extreme amount of difficulty building his own gaming PC after this episode of Brooklyn 99

Brooklyn99Insider-Terry+Crews-Princess+Castle+1.gif

I just see him admitting defeat while sitting in an under shirt in the middle of the floor surrounded by the guts of a PC tower.

Fury451

Banned
Of course PC Gaming Master Race is a Nazi reference.

It's always been a piss take at those that think themselves "true gamers" because they use a PC.

But then some people didn't get the joke and used it as a personal banner.

Lkr

I always imagined Terry Crews having an extreme amount of difficulty building his own gaming PC after this episode of Brooklyn 99

Brooklyn99Insider-Terry+Crews-Princess+Castle+1.gif

I just see him admitting defeat while sitting in an under shirt in the middle of the floor surrounded by the guts of a PC tower.
Pretty sure it said in the OP that someone was helping him lol. It would be funny if he live streamed the build and broke something on accident because of strength and frustration though

NastyBook

Gonna go run all this stuff through amazon right quick to see if I can set up a similar PC.

brb

*plugs in the Intel Core i7-6800K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor for a search, clicks enter*

PFFFFFFTHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'll just stop right there.

krang

Awesome rig.

This guy doesn't half-ass anything.

Also, how the shit did some of you not realise that master race = Nazi reference. It's still just a joke though, so whatever. I do get why people would be upset with its mainstream prevalence.

Because not everyone's mind goes straight to "Nazis".

Vex_

Banned

Because the dumbass OP titled the thread originally as 'Terry Crews joining the "PC Master Race..."'

Then people asked if he really said that without watching the video. I and others who obviously watched video said he did in fact say "master race".

The mods stealth changed the title.

TLDR; the op is such an idiot for even putting that title there. What a fucking loser. I cant stand him personally.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
TLDR; the op is such an idiot for even putting that title there. What a fucking loser. I cant stand him personally.

Lol didnt even realize this was op at first. The outrage was too believable after that other guy.

cakefoo

The reason he's saying PC Master Race is because that's the subreddit he got all the help from to buy and build it.

"Terry Crews build a gaming PC" isn't news. It's the fact that he engaged with the community.

Just because all the PCMR stuff isn't accepted on GAF doesn't mean it isn't normal literally everywhere else on the Internet. It's not a big deal... the whole thing is just a big joke.

I'm happy Crews is giving it a shot... seems so eager it brings me a bit of a smile.

Ploid 3.0

Pretty sure it said in the OP that someone was helping him lol. It would be funny if he live streamed the build and broke something on accident because of strength and frustration though

It can't be worse than the Likebutter guy that spent around 24 hours trying to get his pc built. I think in the end he got it to work, but there were some gems on the way. Like this

https://youtu.be/RTMvyshcI7Q?t=1849 (Not for the squeamish, tech was harmed in the making of this video)

The reason he's saying PC Master Race is because that's the subreddit he got all the help from to buy and build it.

"Terry Crews build a gaming PC" isn't news. It's the fact that he engaged with the community.

Oh yeah, I crossed that subreddit, those Escapist caricatures all over the header looking like Greek gods that Kratos will go after next.

Aurongel

So? Does referencing something mean you're supporting it?

By keeping the association alive and in the public vernacular throughout history; yes, it can be seen as supporting it at least somewhat. Words fall out of fashion and die if the public doesn't use them, that's common sense.

Not to mention that the phrase itself originated from someone who was using it in a sarcastic way meant to mock the snobby elitism of many PC gamers. The fact that it's now largely treated like a badge of honor for many gamers is frankly embarrassing.

"Yeah, I had my nerd friends pick out the parts and build it for me!"

Find me someone who built their $1000 video game machine without first consulting either friends or enthusiast reviewers. Please.

Because by this logic, this sarcastic quip can be applied to 99% of GAF.

Hope someone breaks the news to him that you can't play Uncharted 4 on PC lol!

Really fun to see a celebrity do such a video. How much would that build cost on average?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
What do you think the GAF PC building thread was designed to do?

Yeah the PC I'm using right now is built thanks to the help of the people in there. The actual assembly I was nervous about but everything is just fine and he'll probably be able to make his own after going through this first build.

Mahonay

Banned
Awesome. Terry Crews is a fantastic person. Glad he enjoyed his time with Battlefield and is diving in. Hopefully he plays with some people that can help him get up to speed.

Also obviously really awesome thing for him to do as a father. My dad was about his age when I first really got crazy into gaming, it would have been cool if he was able to sit down and play with me. He tried a couple times and he just couldn't get the hang of it. He's still the supportive parent when it comes to my gaming hobby though.

Top Bottom