• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tetsuya Nomura's $250 BATMAN figure coming in July

Leon Raycloud

Neo Member
At least it's not a 1000 bucks like other crap I've seen.

70726f647563742f32303134303630375f6330353566392e6a7067003330300000660023303030303030.jpg

That looks like crap.

Holy shit , now that's a figure! I'd buy it at a high price!

Also that batman looks like a goddamn kingdom hearts final boss, I like nomura but he is exagerating with the overdesign .

Real Action Heroes and Hot Toys are of much higher quality than Play Arts Kai and so warrant the high price tag. And whilst I personally quite like PAKs, they do have a reputation for having a lot of problems with QC, questionable sculpts, and less than ideal and oftentimes ugly articulation.

K52oDiT.jpg

Not only that but they used to average around $50 - $60 and now they're closer to $100, which for what you get is not really justified a lot of the time. They're certainly not worth $250.

When they get it right they knock out of the park (the latest Master Chief is absolutely fantastic) and they have been getting better, but their rep is there for a reason.

Yup, and here's Commander Shepard

IMG_7542-620x.jpg

I think it's safe to say they fucked up on this one.

Yea, I have 3 Play Arts Kai figures: Sam Gideon, Bayonetta, and Jeanne. I love them but sometimes the head sculpts can range from good to okayish...plus they do have quality/joint issues (especially Sam's wrists and Jeanne in general).

Circinus

Kind of like the design. It reminds me a bit of spikey extravagant designs (monsters, dinosaurs, characters etc) I would draw as a kid.

Top Bottom