• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect Demo Out now!

Card Boy

Banned
header_292x136.jpg

Came out a day ago. Post your impressions here.

About Tesla Effect

Tex Murphy wakes up – disoriented and head pounding – on the fire escape outside his office atop the Ritz Hotel. Another typical morning for the last of the old-school detectives. Except it isn’t. What starts out as the worst hangover in history becomes a baffling nightmare: something – or someone – has erased Tex’s memory of the past seven years. Motivated by lost love, revenge and the world’s strongest coffee blend, Tex must retrace his own steps into a maze of unsolved murders, hidden agendas and lost technologies of Nikola Tesla. Only by solving the mysteries of his past can Tex hope to regain his memory in time to restore what’s been lost…and stop a terrifying future.

Just a reminder if people want to buy.

GOG.com
•10% Discount ($17.99)
•Tesla Effect Soundtrack
•ONE of the following full games: Tex Murphy 1+2, Under a Killing Moon, The Pandora Directive, or Tex Murphy: Overseer

Steam
•10% Discount ($17.99)
•Tex Murphy Live Jazz Soundtrack
•The Pandora Directive (Full Game)

Demo is on Steam page. I can't work out how to get it on GOG.

Notable cast

• Todd Bridges (Willis from Diff'rent Strokes...ask someone older if you don't know what that is)
• June "TV's Greatest Mom" Lockhart (ask someone even older if you don't know who that is)
• Larry "Soup Nazi" Thomas (you all have seen Seinfeld, right?)
• Kevin "Tom Servo" Murphy (Mystery Science Theater 3000)
• The original Tex himself, Chris Jones

Its being 16 years since the last Tex Murphy game and i'm feeling excited.

Card Boy

Banned
Just spent ½ an hour on the demo. Tex is back baby!! The cutscenes are really pleasing to the eye having recently clocked Under a Killing Moon and Pandora Detective.

Gonna pre-order now.

Demo was honestly not all that good. I've played the older games, but it does a piss poor job at introducing Tex Murphy for anyone who's not already familiar with him and I kinda doubt it gains any new fans from playing the demo.

But fuck that damn sliding puzzle.

And I wish their were more hotspots.

I'm stoked for the release tho.

The puzzle can be skipped if you play on casual mode.
Sure, doesn't change the fact that sliding puzzles are still lazy.

Honestly was hoping they would have skipped the difficulty levels. Just hope they don't award the upper level with additional scenes and stuff. That was never a good idea.

Krathoon

I solved the sliding puzzle (that is some pretty cliched crap though), but I am stuck elsewhere.

Need to get the cog off the wall and dig into that mound of dirt.

I am look forward to getting my boxed CE in the mail though. It really feels weird at the moment. This and Mobieus are making me feel like I am back in the 90s.

Top Bottom