• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

That one bloody awesome sequence in Ninja Gaiden 2

I'm going to say that the original pre-patch of this level is still the greatest thing ever. When things slowed down as more and more enemies filled the screen, it was epic.

This is the one and only time where slowdown was acceptable to me.

The patch ruined it.

This. I still want a true version of Ninja Gaiden 2. It's a real shame that Tecmo and Itagaki had their falling out.

A version of NG2 with the polish of Black would be something special. Sigma is great, too, but it's not the definitive version of NG2 - there is no definitive version of Ninja Gaiden 2 :(

I didn't know they patched the game and it made that scene worse. I suppose I won't download the patch, but if I don't the game wouldn't go online, am I right? (Not that I care, though).

Zee-Row

Banned
In Ninja Gaiden 2 they never really made it clear if Robert survived the demon attack as he was holding them off for Irene and Ryu to escape.

Robot Pants

The whole game is GOAT.
Highly underrated. Wish it had proper dev time and/or a Black version.
Would have been even more GOAT.

This game was/is so awesome. I loved all the boss fights in this game and goodlord the difficulty made beating this game actually mean something.
To this day I still rock my Gold Hayabusa gamerpic.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Yeah, pre-patch that part of the game was incredibly satisfying. Despite the flaws, I still really love Ninja Gaiden 2 (not Sigma).

abadguy

Banned
One of the greatest sequences ever in a game. Shit was like Kill Bill but with a ninja and on a fucking staircase, at like 10fps. It was glorious!

Skilletor

Defenders of slowdown are very strange to me. It was horrible.

In a game about precise controls and timing, the slowdown was one of the worst parts of the game.

edit: I remembered wrong, at launch you couldn't progress past this part. The patch allowed me to continue and finish it. I honestly don't remember a lot from this game though.

khaaan

NG2 is a game that's on my list to buy if I ever get a 360. I have actually played through all of Sigma 2 and enjoyed it but people keep on going on about how vanilla was much better. There must be some merit to it since I don't really remember the staircase segment at all though it might be because I realized you can spam gulliotine throw so I started doing it as often as I could in hopes of getting the trophy.
You will not have completed 1000 guillotine throws in one play through.

reminiscing about how great this game was gives me a little more hope that devil's third won't entirely suck.

S7PYqF.gif

In all seriousness though, the gameplay we've seen so far looks fairly promising and I have enough faith in Itagaki to deliver something awesome and slightly embarrassing.

Mdk7

I LOVED that part and i loved that game.
Btw, i think it was way better before the patch, and i'm usually a sucker for frame rate.

Hopefully we get a PC version of the original version of the game some day. Just imagining the pre-patched staircase at 60 FPS sends shivers down my spine.

Did think it was kind of funny that they added the gore back to the Vita version of Sigma which made it run like complete garbage(ie, the reason why it was cut from the PS3), lol.

LiK

It was amazing even with the ridiculous slowdown. It's been a while but I think Sigma version completely neutered that part.

eshwaaz

The blood and gore effects were so well done. Admiring your handiwork after every battle was incredibly satisfying. I can't think of a game that has topped in that regard.

Top Bottom