• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 58th Presidential Inauguration Ceremony: President Donald J Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluethree

All those horrible things you learned about in history? A lot of them didn't happen so long ago and could very possibly happen again. Don't be so skeptical when thousands of years of history contradicts your "lol its not that serious."

Yeah seriously. People have every right to be worried.

mozfan12

Banned
The doomsday posters really are pathetic. It's gonna suck but people need to pull their heads out of their ass.

We are at the tipping point of global warming (if we haven't already tipped the scale) and we get the most anti climate change pres possible. We are fucked so get your head out of your ass. This presidency is literally life or death for the future generations of the world.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
z0wsCqN.jpg

This photo said a thousand words on the day it was taken... but as time goes on, it keeps getting better. You can really feel the "seriously?"

I hope it's the cover photo in textbooks for this era... the day we traded an intelligent, genteel public servant for a wild, unfocused millionaire crackpot who'll drag us kicking and screaming into a manic and self-harmful worldview.

jerry113

Banned
We are at the tipping point of global warming (if we haven't already tipped the scale) and we get the most anti climate change pres possible. We are fucked so get your head out of your ass. This presidency is literally life or death for the future generations of the world.

But our new leader of the free world said it's a hoax invented by China

So I assume you are doing everything you can yourself to encourage change and awareness to these issues in your communities? Or are you just whining online about how fucked we are watching everything unfold?

That's what I'm tired of.

I took a walk around the world
To ease my troubled mind
I left my body lying somewhere
In the sands of time
But I watched the world float
To the dark side of the moon

I feel there is nothing I can do, yeah
hOpk0ud.png

Izuna

Banned
This photo said a thousand words on the day it was taken... but as time goes on, it keeps getting better. You can really feel the "seriously?"

I hope it's the cover photo in textbooks for this era... the day we traded an intelligent, genteel public servant for a wild, unfocused millionaire crackpot who'll drag us kicking and screaming into a manic and self-harmful worldview.

You do realise that this photo is specifically selected to make that meeting look that way, right? There are other photos from the same meeting but it doesn't match the narrative.

ad_225598778.jpg

RedHill

Banned
So I assume you are doing everything you can yourself to encourage change and awareness to these issues in your communities? Or are you just whining online about how fucked we are watching everything unfold?

Psst, when people are actively involved in these things they don't get a little sticker that says so on their profile. Such a broad assumption made by people who claim to be moderates. What I'm tired of is any conversation in the online space being met with "then do something about it." Guess what, people are trying.

You do realise that this photo is specifically selected to make that meeting look that way, right? There are other photos from the same meeting but it doesn't match the narrative.

ad_225598778.jpg
Well, of course. The right picture at the right moment is how a photo becomes iconic

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So, when will this dumb simulation end? It's been glitching out for some time now, time to end this

Edit: Please disregard this post. How do I delete posts? Please send me PN if you know how to delete posts.

novabolt

The musical guest list is awful. You might as well just put on a "now, that's what I call music - 2002" CD, that would probably be better than this list.

Good luck you guys, hopefully he wont keep to his bonkers promises and a lot of his staff will fuck off eventually either through incompetence or realising that running a country - compared to a business - isn't as easy as they've all pretended it is.

Shame that its come to this but hopefully four years of this disgusting man will mobilise the left, women and minorities to get more active in politics and try to affect change in the future. I mean, you'll probably need eighteen different IDs, have to travel two hundred miles and get to the polls before they close at 11am so you'll need to be inventive.

Rootbeer

Banned
Gonna be a hilarious night for Twitter. I'll be drinking, watching and enjoying the shitshow. Then I'll probably cry myself to sleep.

Izuna

Banned
The worst thing is that there's particular support for Trump here in the UK. Of course, it's regularly matched with racism.

He empowers fascism -- and it's for a reason.

The things you do on an personal level pale in comparison to actual climate change regulation pushed by the government on industries. Your push in the community doesn't mean shit if your government is actively pushing fossil fuels and holding back green energy.

Back to the USSR.
USR:

Psst, when people are actively involved in these things they don't get a little sticker that says so on their profile. Such a broad assumption made by people who claim to be moderates. What I'm tired of is any conversation in the online space being met with "then do something about it." Guess what, people are trying.

Psst - people saying it's the end of times are contributing nothing apart from adding to the already insufferable miasma of despair people have to inhale day in, day out these days. I'm allowed to see posts like that and call them out, just as much as people have the right to act like morose teenagers. It's so very tiresome.

The band music was pretty good, the piano guys and the country members together weren't half bad. Didn't hate the music that much. Not a trump fan but it wasn't horrible. Some of it I didn't like though

Plum

Psst - people saying it's the end of times are contributing nothing apart from adding to the already insufferable miasma of despair people have to inhale day in, day out these days. I'm allowed to see posts like that and call them out, just as much as people have the right to act like morose teenagers. It's so very tiresome.

Do you have anything to debunk these people's claims or are you just "tired" of hearing the truth?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm curious to see how quickly the "deplorables" realize that Trump is going to fuck them harder than Obama ever did.

novabolt

Good luck you guys, hopefully he wont keep to his bonkers promises and a lot of his staff will fuck off eventually either through incompetence or realising that running a country - compared to a business - isn't as easy as they've all pretended it is.

Shame that its come to this but hopefully four years of this disgusting man will mobilise the left, women and minorities to get more active in politics and try to affect change in the future. I mean, you'll probably need eighteen different IDs, have to travel two hundred miles and get to the polls before they close at 11am so you'll need to be inventive.

Technically, there's nothing wrong with running the country like a business, the problem is the style that one would run it.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
Well, of course. The right picture at the right moment is how a photo becomes iconic

It's funny because the available video of the meeting is stilted and awkward. That picture is towards the end when Obama made a joke at their expense.

Either way, the looming bust of MLK is a harrowing apparition over Trump.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Technically, there's nothing wrong with running the country like a business, the problem is the style that one would run it.

There is. A business can't print its own money as a sovereign nation can.
Trump, like Romney, is to suck up a business, sell assets, and gloat on the profit, and buy real estate.
That's not a mom and pop operation. It's a con job.

Do you have anything positive to contribute all the way from the UK, outside of calling people "pathetic" and "morose teenagers" while right-wing nutbags now control all 3 branches of their government?

Please enlighten everyone.

Siegcram

It's almost like the president of the united states has more influence over the development of the global climate than some random dudes on a forum.

On topic, thread title makes me want to projectile vomit. If any american proclaims their system as the "greatest democracy in the world" in my presence ever again, I swear ...

Aiii

So not worth it
Congratulations America... You get what you deserve... I suppose?

No offense, love you guys, but democracy and what not. Please don't nuke us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom