• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 87th Academy Awards |OT| The One That Matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
RIGHT NOW: Craig Mann, Ben Wilkins and Thomas Curley (Whiplash) win for Sound Mixing

WINNERS
Whiplash (Supporting Actor)
The Grand Budapest Hotel (Costume Design, Makeup & Hairstyling)
Ida (Foreign Language Film)
The Phone Call (Live-Action Short Film)
Crisis Hotline: Veterans Press 1 (Documentary - Short Subject)
Whiplash (Sound Mixing)

Actors & Actresses
J.K. Simmons (Supporting Actor)

OSCAR COUNT
The Grand Budapest Hotel: 2

Verger

Banned
Interstellar had amazing sound, but the mixing itself was not that great, particularly when it came to dialog being drowned out by music and vice versa.

samn

how you gonna get ratings when half the people in this thread are streaming it illegally?

its really hard to care about ratings anymore when half the viewers stream it, and ratings are based on the 12 people who have a nielsen box.

People streaming illegally are still watching ads, which is how the network makes its money.

MIMIC

Banned
RIGHT NOW: Alan Robert Murray and Bub Asman (American Sniper) win for Sound Editing

WINNERS
Whiplash (Supporting Actor)
The Grand Budapest Hotel (Costume Design, Makeup & Hairstyling)
Ida (Foreign Language Film)
The Phone Call (Live-Action Short Film)
Crisis Hotline: Veterans Press 1 (Documentary - Short Subject)
Whiplash (Sound Mixing)
American Sniper (Sound Editing)

Actors & Actresses
J.K. Simmons (Supporting Actor)

OSCAR COUNT
The Grand Budapest Hotel: 2

Reckoner

I swear I thought until now that Gone Girl was nominated for best soundtrack. They don't want to give the award again to Trent.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Both of those sound winners were obvious choices.

how can you judge sound editing ? Like, how can you tell from watching a movie "mmm, this sound is very well-edited". Like, what ? I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom