• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Apprentice UK - Series 11 |OT| Thank the Lord, it's Claude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothus

The only ones I can realistically see Sugar investing in are Richards and maybe Vana's if they change it up a bit.

Joseph came across really well as an individual but his idea is way too risky.

Carl

Think Vana will win. Her idea is the best of a bad bunch. Don't think it would work very well though. Let's face it if she wins a lot of people will try it out

I'm pretty conflicted about who should win.
Vana is more professional, and her idea is much more ambitious (such an app would be world wide in scope) whereas Joseph's idea is more tangible, albeit a bit unambitious (and probably only very small scale, UK based).
There is a risky option and a safe option, which will Sugar go for?

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
It's the final!

Plucky Joseph's attempt to make a plumbing business sound exciting to a room full of rich wankers, versus Vana changing the world of online dating by forcing everyone to play stupid games before saying "Ugh, never in a million years. Fuck off".

Carl

OK so who's going to win. I don't like either business plan tbh. Both pretty crappy. Think Vana will maybe win but then there's the whole cost aspect. What's-his-face's idea seems more doable but not a particularly wide appeal i guess.

Plum

OK so who's going to win. I don't like either business plan tbh. Both pretty crappy. Think Vana will maybe win but then there's the whole cost aspect. What's-his-face's idea seems more doable but not a particularly wide appeal i guess.

Vana's is a multi-million pound investment idea being presented to someone only willing to pay up 250 grand. I also have no clue what the target market is; gamers meet with MMOs, LANs, etc and people who play Candy Crush meet on Tinder or any other dating site/app.

Carl

Vana's is a multi-million pound investment idea being presented to someone only willing to pay up 250 grand. I also have no clue what the target market is; gamers meet with MMOs, LANs, etc and people who play Candy Crush meet on Tinder or any other dating site/app.

Yeah i'm not sure who i think will win. I said about the cost aspect, it would cost way more than Shuggs wants to invest. Also the whole idea is bollocks anyway.

But i'm not really a fan of Joseph's idea either. But then i guess it's actually a doable idea which is all it needs to be next to Vana's

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Joseph winning also gives Alan another chance to tell us how he reminds him of when he started, and how with drive and determination anything is possible!

Even selling really shitty home computers.

Plum

PlayDate must have been copyrighted already.

Nobody would be stupid enough to pick Date Play instead.

EDIT: Joseph creating a new torrenting business with that name then.

Plum

Play Date also has connotations of children, which is weird for an adult dating app.

I guess so, but even then Play Date just sounds better and is more recognizable. Date Play just sounds too strange. She should have just picked other words and been more creative.

Plum

Man that "we're creating a digital billboard and a TV ad" line really hammered home how silly this show is.

Plum

So a dating app aimed towards gamers that uses juggling and dancing to represent basic gaming terminology.

Is it aimed towards gamers?

I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom