• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Awesome Comics Moments OT [READ RULES, NSF56K, SPOILERS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading my Infinity trade today, I found this to be pretty cool.

infinity2.jpg

infinity1e.jpg

guek

Banned
Can someone recommend me a couple of Spider-Man and Doctor Doom arcs? And what comic is the OP from?

OP? You mean 2nd post?

That's from Infinity.

Spider-man story recommendations:

Mark Millar's Marvel Knights: Spider-man which includes Down Among the Dead Men, Venomous, and The Last Stand (in that order)

The Return of the Green Goblin

Spider-man: Blue

Spider-man: Big Time

Kraven's Last Hunt

Spider-man: Back in Black

Pretty much all of Ultimate Spider-man

A lot of people really liked Spider-Island (I thought it was just ok)

There are tons of classic stories too but those (with the exception of the excellent Kraven's Last Hunt) are all more modern stories that might be easier to jump into.

JJD

Where is that X-factor page were Quicksilver explains why he is always pissed off and it makes perfect sense...

Fight against Cancerverse/fault. Arrival of the heavy hitters.
Said shieeeeeeeet when i saw that panel. Shit hit the fan.

Next shieeet was when the cancerverse bizarro galactus comes out and totally dwarves the celestials.

I hate that Aegis and Tenebrous being there was never explained.

So many good ones to post, I'll start with my favorite. I like reading comics with mindless violence and ridiculous plot lines, but this comic sent a strong message, and it's the first one that really reached out to me emotionally.

Shazam: Power of Hope (written by Paul Dini, drawn by Alex Ross)

Essentially he visits a Hospital full of sick children after receiving a letter from them

He takes them for rides and other things, it's extremely touching.

Little disappointed there aren't more 52/WW3 scans, some good material there. I'll start us out:

1238821-624161_black_adam_2_super.jpg

I can't believe no one's posted the best speech to ever appear in a Marvel comic.

page2captainamerica.jpg

That's the moment that solidified Cap as a GOAT superhero for me. I'm not even American yet I felt patriotic reading it.

Daredevil #17. This shows who the best friend in the Marvel Universe is-Foggy Nelson. Foggy and Matt have been friends since college-and living with Foggy was never fun for Matt's supersenses:

But for Matt's birthday, Foggy has the best gift ever for him-something he would want Matt to see:

2f08Z.jpg

isitgood_815_5.jpg

daredevil17d+matt+sees+father.jpg

This actually made me tear up a bit...sometimes comics can be so poignant

Fight against Cancerverse/fault. Arrival of the heavy hitters.
Said shieeeeeeeet when i saw that panel. Shit hit the fan.

Next shieeet was when the cancerverse bizarro galactus comes out and totally dwarves the celestials.

what is this from

also what is any of the cancerverse shit from is that all Cosmic marvel? If so i'm ordering annihilation omni right now to get started

Batman is a pussy

Punisher would have Gotham cleaned up in a few days.

what is this from

also what is any of the cancerverse shit from is that all Cosmic marvel? If so i'm ordering annihilation omni right now to get started

It is from The Thanos Imperative. The big, grand finale to Abnett and Lanning's run on Marvel Cosmic. Well, Annihilators was after that, but it was more like an epilogue.

Batman is a pussy

Its a weird portrayal of joker, but he's had personality shifts over the year. Real Joker knows people will kill him, he just tries to push Batman to do it (Death of the Family points this out).

Two Memorable pages for me

flashdeath.jpg

If you haven't read Kingdom Come yet, shield your eyes!

dcmoment74a1.jpg

dcmoment74b1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom