• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The awesome super high resolution PC screenshot thread.

i dont have anything really of note. Maybe ill load the the old movies game or DMC4 which i havent seen in this thread.

also ZENO CLASH comes out soo soon.

a46g44.jpg

jzftat.jpg

23jo095.jpg

8z1eh4.jpg

jqg552.jpg

acsykp.jpg

v4uf0z.jpg

312y1k9.jpg

263a90o.jpg

2ef7095.jpg

Downloading a bunch of demos and still have other games to try out, but here ya go:

Battlefield Heroes (doesn't like being in widescreen)
GAFHD0.jpg

Audiosurf
GAFHD1.jpg

GAFHD2.jpg

Dark Messiah Might and Magic
GAFHD3.jpg

Half Life 2: Episode 1
GAFHD4.jpg

GAFHD5.jpg

Far Cry
GAFHD6.jpg

Far Cry 2
GAFHD7.jpg

GAFHD8.jpg

Gasp, a mod edited out my screen that had the ALTERED / FAKE CD key on it :lol

It read "YEH THIS ISNT REAL CODE"

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Can people please remember to mention the name of the game when posting screens, it's usually pretty obvious but still would be nice.

Ikuu said:
Can people please remember to mention the name of the game when posting screens, it's usually pretty obvious but still would be nice.
Done! Although, I'm not sure if I should re-add the Far Cry 1 image with the fake CD key :p

Actually a lot of screens I thought I took with FRAPS didn't show up. Sucks, because it even works and shows up on the LCD of my keyboard :D

bdouble said:
*praise for some Zeno Clash
I will post some the moment it release (I already pre-loaded it on Steam). Oh and btw, all the screens I posted are from a smooth running game. My slightly juiced GTX 285 is running things like Far Cry 2 at highest settings at 30-60 FPS 1920x1080 :D

Here you go, some Zeno Clash at highest settings. After 15 minutes with "motion blur" enabled I turned it off. You lose the clarity of objects all around. Can't wait for REAL per-pixel blurring like in Killzone 2 to be the norm :D

With motion-blur:
road0054.jpg

Without motion-blur:
road0053.jpg

gate0000.jpg

gate0004.jpg

gate0013.jpg

gate0024.jpg

gate0027.jpg

gate0084.jpg

woods10063.jpg

woods10066.jpg

woods10071.jpg

Tokubetsu

Yeah, motion blur was working for me at first and then all of a sudden it looked as if vaseline was covering my screen. :lol

I'm also getting this weird pixel noise pattern along transparencies. Might have something to do with settings in that NVIDIA panel. Will check later, as I recall someone dealing with the same or a similar issue earlier in the thread.

xenorevlis said:
I'm also getting this weird pixel noise pattern along transparencies. Might have something to do with settings in that NVIDIA panel. Will check later, as I recall someone dealing with the same or a similar issue earlier in the thread.

Transparency aliasing? Enable transparency MSAA in your drivers and crank up the MSAA, works best with 4x or 8x MSAA.

brain_stew said:
Transparency aliasing? Enable transparency MSAA in your drivers and crank up the MSAA, works best with 4x or 8x MSAA.
Thank you sir. MSAA is at 16x already (all settings max in-game). I'm leaving to the hospital now, to help my mom home post-surgery.

Super or multi-sampling?

Microsoft Flight Simulator X (R.I.P. ACES Game Studios) shots taken ~2 years ago on an ATI X1900XTX at 1600x1200. I've since upgraded to a GeForce GTX 280 but haven't installed FSX to take any new 1920x1200 shots. Still looks pretty nice though.

Alaska's Mount McKinley in the background:
eylinhrllg07zwemhzsl.png

Soaring over Arizona's Grand Canyon:
ihd5c50c6o3tytkeyskz.png

Skimming the waters of San Francisco Bay California:
jmxk2d95yjno0jbn5i4i.png

Washington's Mount Rainier at dawn:
jmln7lqtmk7e98pyxcmr.png

Washington's Mount Rainier at dusk:
2byh9622tnqrdk5vb8jd.png

xenorevlis said:
Thank you sir. MSAA is at 16x already (all settings max in-game). I'm leaving to the hospital now, to help my mom home post-surgery.

Super or multi-sampling?

The Nvidia drivers don't have an option for 16xMSAA, its 16xCSAA you're likely using which uses 4xMSAA in conjunction with Nvidia's shader based antialising. So try using 8xMSAA (8xQ) and then transparency multisampling, as supersampling will kill performance. It should work with the ingame AA routines but if it doesn't force the MSAA level through your drivers as well.

Tokubetsu

godhandiscen said:
i need to beat the witcher

Working on it myself haha. I've been waiting like 2 years for a decent pc. I'm glad I waited. Just sucks I had to do chapter 1/2 over again.

Durante

Even more Sacred 2, tell me when you're starting to get tired of it :lol
I really love its visuals.
28amf6s.jpg

x1fwj7.jpg

Somewhat crowded:
dnmrnr.jpg

The amazing "evil sheep" quest:
2qxao1j.jpg

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Some Dead Space pictures here, once I can get AA/AF forced onto the game I'll take some better shots:

DeadSpace1.jpg

DeadSpace2.jpg

DeadSpace3.jpg

DeadSpace4.jpg

Stop It

MNC said:
D: Those are already practically jaggy free.
Er, they are? I personally thought the game looks quite awful especially in those shots thanks to a lack of filtering and AA, maybe I have become a bit too complacent! :p

Forsete

Gold Member
Silent Hunter IV

<3 Silent Hunter series

American subs are pretty cool, but dont stand a chance against the german.

vzuvgXXpI.jpg

EFcbklPhs.jpg

YARkYLkSJ.jpg

GkzisrflX.jpg

Downsized from 1650x1050

Stop It said:
Some Dead Space pictures here, once I can get AA/AF forced onto the game I'll take some better shots:

You can't force AA in Dead Space, only use the built in edge AA. At high resolutions ts not too bad, really. Be sure to use D3DOVerrider to force Vsync/triple buffering as the game's built in vsync locks the game to 30 fps.

Well I suppose you could always try a bit super sampling anti aliasing, considering the engine is so well optimised.

MNC

Stop It said:
Er, they are? I personally thought the game looks quite awful especially in those shots thanks to a lack of filtering and AA, maybe I have become a bit too complacent! :p
Well, this is coming from someone who's best videocard is a 7600GT so to me they really are :lol Ofcourse I can discover jaggies in them, but imo they are really minor and basically gotten rid of.

Broseybrose

brainstew - simple question: will forcing supersampled transparencies in NVCP work properly if i leave the NVCP AA setting to app-controlled?

because that is how i play my source games (8xAA in-game), and sometimes i wonder if the supersampling is taking effect. Like maybe i need to use 8xQ in order for the supersampling to work? can you clear this up?

Stop It

brain_stew said:
You can't force AA in Dead Space, only use the built in edge AA. At high resolutions ts not too bad, really. Be sure to use D3DOVerrider to force Vsync/triple buffering as the game's built in vsync locks the game to 30 fps.

Well I suppose you could always try a bit super sampling anti aliasing, considering the engine is so well optimised.
Yeah, I googled the issue and it turns out Dead Space uses and engine that hates AA, so that's out of the window. I already have triple buffering on it seems as I had VSync on and ATT reported 60fps but will get D3Doverrider anyway.

Anyway, now for shots of a game that'll make Bish very happy, it finally arrived in the post :D

Turok1.jpg

Turok2.jpg

Turok3.jpg

Turok4.jpg

Turok5.jpg

Turok6.jpg

Turok7.jpg

Turok8.jpg

Turok9.jpg

Stop It

Here's some pics from a free Ferrari based game that I found thanks to this thread: here

Ferrari1.jpg

Ferrari2.jpg

Ferrari3.jpg

Ferrari4.jpg

And some shots of Race 07 using a F3000 car.

Race1.jpg

Race2.jpg

Race3.jpg

Race4.jpg

Race5.jpg

Race6.jpg

And finally:

Race7.jpg

Oops.

Blizzard

Banned
I feel like a troll for saying it, but I feel like this thread has gone downhill a bit. There are lots of huge screenshots of...really jaggy-looking games, even newer ones. Those Dead Space screenshots really look kinda ugly. I guess I got spoiled by the graphics whore-ness of the first few pages, and since then we've been posting older games? :lol

Stop It

Blizzard said:
I feel like a troll for saying it, but I feel like this thread has gone downhill a bit. There are lots of huge screenshots of...really jaggy-looking games, even newer ones. Those Dead Space screenshots really look kinda ugly. I guess I got spoiled by the graphics whore-ness of the first few pages, and since then we've been posting older games? :lol
While there is a bit of PP missing from those Dead Space shows, we can't do much about the lack of AA as the game doesn't support it, which is a shame.

Anywho, while the first few pages were nice, it was becoming a Crysis fest, and theres much more to PC gaming than that. However, if you feel that the quality has gone downhill feel free to contribute!

Blizzard

Banned
Stop It said:
While there is a bit of PP missing from those Dead Space shows, we can't do much about the lack of AA as the game doesn't support it, which is a shame.

Anywho, while the first few pages were nice, it was becoming a Crysis fest, and theres much more to PC gaming than that. However, if you feel that the quality has gone downhill feel free to contribute!

I don't have good shots. :( And when I do they look worse than they do ingame, probably partly due to compression, AA, or whatever.

Nikorasu

Stop It said:

I was kind of contributing to the Crysis-fest because that's what I happened to be playing at the time. :)

I'm gonna go take some good Lost Planet shots now.

NameIess

Decided to download the PC demo of Lost planet.
I managed to max out all the settings at 1920X1080 DX9 with a smooth framerate over 30FPS.
I have to agree the game looks very good at the higher res maxed out.

Since I never finished the game on 360 I may make a purchase and try DX10 mode with all settings maxed. I will even use the 360 controller since the control scheme was obviously designed for a controller layout.

This thread has motivated me to start PC gaming again since I recently updated my rig and monitor...

Considering this same engine further optimized was used for RE5 I can only imagine how a PC version of RE5 would look...

Nikorasu

NameIess said:
Decided to download the PC demo of Lost planet.
I managed to max out all the settings at 1920X1080 DX9 with a smooth framerate over 30FPS.
I have to agree the game looks very good at the higher res maxed out.

Since I never finished the game on 360 I may make a purchase and try DX10 mode with all settings maxed. I will even use the 360 controller since the control scheme was obviously designed for a controller layout.

This thread has motivated me to start PC gaming again since I recently updated my rig and monitor...

Considering this same engine further optimized was used for RE5 I can only imagine how a PC version of RE5 would look...

With all of the DX10 effects on it really is a stunning game. DX10 gives you far better fur effects on the human outfits and akrid, much better motion blur and improved colors and postprocessing (some scenes are noticeably duller on DX9/xbox 360 with no colored lens flare or corona effects). It is gorgeous, especially running at a solid 60fps. It really was the posterchild for DX10 (other than Crysis), and arguably still is.

And yes, I dream of RE5 PC regularly.

Top Bottom