• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Best Game No One Played in 2023: Immortals of Aveum

Seems super generic to me. Although the Mage FPS aspect is tempting. I really liked Lichdom Battlemage up until a certain boss fight which was riddled with bugs and freezes.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I paid full price at launch and don’t regret it one bit.

Now BG3, Avatar and Alan Wake 2?

Paid full and regret all three 🤣

lucious lyon wtf GIF

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Thread actually caused me to reinstall and push forward. Got over halfway through yesterday and should wrap up today. Haven’t decided on the plat yet since it’ll involve at least a partial NG+ run and I don’t have it in me at the moment to do some major backtracking collectathon akin to the Jedi games.

HOWEVER

I’m having a blast. The story really kicks into high gear around the midpoint and a lot of the Metroidisms get dropped for a much more linear action packed affair. Going into this game initially with zero expectations is what’s made it so enjoyable. Because no one played it aside from Drizzle, I have absolutely no idea what to expect level wise, story wise, boss wise etc. I love that shit. It’s been a hell of a trip.

tylrdiablos

I played the demo a few weeks back... It was stuttering and dropping frames on my 3080ti. (I realise the demo code has probably never been updated like the main branch.)
I plan to buy the game soonish, just need to clear a few more titles out of my backlog.

Top Bottom