• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Best New Comedy of the Last Year Starts its Season 2 In a Half Hour!

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
source.gif

I'm talking about The Mick starring Caitlyn "Sweet Dee" Olson in one of the funniest new comedies we have had in a long time. One of the funniest shows in a long and if you're a fan of shows like Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and other dark comedies about a group of incredibly dysfunctional, arrogant, stupid people being terribly to each other and everyone else well you might like the Mick. The basic description from Wikipedia:

Mackenzie "Mickey" Molng relocates from Warwick, Rhode Island[7] to Greenwich, Connecticut. Despite being a generally irresponsible person, she must become the parental guardian for her niece and nephews after her estranged and wealthy sister Pamela "Poodle" Pemberton and her husband Christopher were arrested by the FBI for fraud and tax evasion. After a day watching the three children (Sabrina, Chip, and Ben), Mickey gets a call from Poodle telling her that she and Christopher are fleeing the country. As a result, Mickey struggles to raise the three kids with help from her pseudo-boyfriend Jimmy and the housekeeper Alba.

source.gif

Zubz

Banned
... I totally forgot to watch this last year. I need to rectify that. I even DVR'd a good chunk of the show & never got around to it.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Alba is the mvp but honestly the whole cast is great

source.gif

The way I describe Alba to people who haven't watched the series is like watching the transformation of Frank Reynolds over the entire run of Its Always Sunny but in a single season. Alba going absolutely berserk in the later half of the season is incredible to watch.

Top Bottom