• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Best of Miiverse

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
tumblr_nglcx6ORB81u4yharo4_500.jpg

*Does it a bit harder*

I see

Bumhat

If you saw the (now dead) Art Academy and Miiverse art threads on GAF you will have seen these before, but here are some of my own contributions:

neogaf1.png
neogaf2.png
neogaf3.png
neogaf4.png
neogaf5.png
neogaf6.png
neogaf7.png
neogaf8.png
neogaf9.png
neogaf10.png
neogaf11.png
neogaf12.png
neogaf13.png
neogaf14.png
neogaf15.png
neogaf16.png
neogaf17.png
neogaf18.png
neogaf19.png
neogaf20.png
neogaf21.png
neogaf22.png
neogaf23.png
neogaf24.png

prometheus.jpg

linkstain.jpg

branch.jpg

zero.jpg

SKcoloured.jpg

palutena.jpg

zelda2link.jpg

kaneda.jpg

Fink

If you saw the (now dead) Art Academy and Miiverse art threads on GAF you will have seen these before, but here are some of my own contributions:

-snip-

How do you get such nice solid colors in Art Academy? I always find myself having to go over my colors over and over again until they are solid...

I wish there were more links so I could go yeah this things...

I have my fair share of... interesting posts. (I have them linked)

Bumhat

How do you get such nice solid colors in Art Academy? I always find myself having to go over my colors over and over again until they are solid...

Before I start - I love your JonTron and Garfield pictures! Brilliant. Anyway, I usually use the pencil colours rather than the pastels and make sure I'm on the thickest size. Typically I'll start by doing a light pencil outline with the first tools, then switch to the colours (so it locks the layer), do a big 'solid colour' pass (where I'm filling in all the main, unshaded colours), lock the layer, then do shading/lighting/whatever, lock the layer, then go back to the first set of tools and do a very dark, usually thick outline. I tend to find that having a clean, thick outline helps the colours to really pop - hopefully this comes across in my Skull Kid picture.

As for actually getting solid colours it is simply a case of going over and over an area with one of the thick pencils until the colour is as 'solid' as it's going to get. You could always fill in an area very roughly with the pastels and then use the eraser to clean it up, but this isn't very precise.

In case you're interested, my NNID is TomWright (click this to go to my profile).

Mithos

How do some of these people create such masterpieces with the game pad? Is there some picture import I'm overlooking?

Time, patience and a steady hand, and hope the power doesn't cut out in the middle of doing it, no save feature ;P

Then there is Art Academy, have not tried it yet, if you want to do even more awesome pictures in color and bigger size.

I have not done very many, just these.

zlCfzRDA7yI7HUjzdh

zlCfzRDUpjwXbkk7LX

zlCfzRDhXXYDjE_ys8

zlCfzRDrspww1s502j

Nintendo ID: Mithos-SWE

Bumhat

Yeah haven't really had time or patience to spend 8hrs plus on doing it in quite some time.

Yeah, I know that one :( To be honest I didn't really have the time or patience back then - for most of my elaborate Miiverse pictures I'd just work on them for maybe an hour and then leave the Wii U on overnight, praying the power/internet connection wouldn't fail. One of the biggest advantages of Art Academy (aside from a proper canvas and, of course, colour) is that you can save your work and come back to it later. Who would have thought?!

Neiteio

Blake is incredible. A Miiverse user I'd like to meet in real-life since he's guaranteed to brighten my mood with everything he says. XD

jgwhiteus

Man, I just read through Blake's entire post history - the guy is hilarious. His humor kind of reminds me of "Deep Thoughts" from SNL. Some additional favorites:

O2KxGDe.png

Top Bottom