• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The best Sega CD game ever- Third World War

Trevelyon

CD-ThirdWorldWar(J)_box.jpg

Once again the Japanese box art gets it right. :p

jarrod

Banned
Popful Mail is the best game on Sega CD, it still holds up as a decent ARPG today. Snatcher might've been somewhat novel at the time, but today it seems so clunky and dated.

BeOnEdge

Banned
snatcher is BY FAR the best story in a game EVER. they could seriously take the game AS IS and turn into a movie. no changes to the script or anything. FLAWLESS story.

jarrod

Banned
Arguably but I like to play my games... and that's where Snatcher falls flat on it's face. It's no fun.

Seriously, there's tons of truly novel and enjoyable Sega CD titles (Sonic CD, Lunar 1-2, Popful Mail, WonderDog, Dark Wizard, Shadowrun, Earthworm Jim SE, Final Fight CD, ThunderHawk, Panic, Ecco 2, Keio Flying Squadron, etc)... Snatcher's just a cyberpunk comic in comparison. And a medicore one at that.

ourumov

That remembered me mine died last week...Just started it to play Final Fight CD but no results...
Apparently I have to change a fuse...

KarishBHR

Are we all forgetting that Lunar started on the Sega CD... thats when I played both games, and they are two of the best games ever!!!1

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I loved Third World War, I must have rented it 5 different times. It was ahead of its time, but it wasn't very balanced. You could try to invade countries or bring them under economic domination. I remember playing as the US it took like half the game for me to dominate Cuba.

NotMSRP

Even with Snatcher having less "gameplay", I still would prefer it over most modern games choke full of gameplay. This is because my experience with Snatcher is still far better than what I experienced with a lot of today's games. One hell of an immersed experience that I really, really truly enjoyed that really hasn't been duplicated in a lot of games that came afterwards. I value entertainment gained rather than just gameplay:nongameplay ratio in a game.

Top Bottom