• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Big Bang Theory Season 9 |OT| Las Vegas Weddings

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm04

I liked seeing Penny's dad again. I find his character entertaining but it would've been nice to see him for longer than that cameo. Also, was that Archimedes reference almost word for word the same lines from Season 1?

webkatt

I liked this episode. It was kooky and non-nonsensical. Three nerdos overthinking a problem with absurd results.

The less relationship drama bullshit, the better!

I didn't even watch the episode, just a clip of the whole lugnut scene which was supposed t be a great bit. No, it sucked. All the life if gone form the show. I wonder if when the cast all got their pay raises, the writing staff got shafted? Everything about the show seems phoned in now.

leng jai

Well it was much better than the last episode, not that that's an achievement. We also got to see
Emily
for about 40 seconds...

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Sheldon and Leonard's inability to live without each other is not cute or funny. How Penny is ok with this situation, I don't even know.

Sheldon and Leonard's inability to live without each other is not cute or funny. How Penny is ok with this situation, I don't even know.

Their relationship is total wish fulfillment fantasy. Nothing about them makes sense. Nobodys relationship does. Theyre just vehicles for jokes.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I really like this episode, only annoyed that at the end they caved
just get a new roomate, make it a girl, amy will get jealous and they'll get back together then she'll move in
we all know its coming eventually

Enosh

no fucking married couple on this planet would have one of the partners live with some damaged fuck instead of with each other, this was so fucking stupid caving in to his whining

Zoe

The difference this time is they're both going back and forth, but yeah, at this point they should just get a house where Joey Sheldon can have his own room.

Dereck

no fucking married couple on this planet would have one of the partners live with some damaged fuck instead of with each other, this was so fucking stupid caving in to his whining
Hahahaha

The difference this time is they're both going back and forth, but yeah, at this point they should just get a house where Joey Sheldon can have his own room.
What are you referencing.

So how have the last three episodes or so been? Enjoyable? I only watched the season opener and was so disappointed by it I haven't actually kept up with the new episodes every week. The feedback here steered me away too as reading your impressions it seems the show is yet to recover from its underwhelming start. The vibe I got from the first episode was the joy being gone from the show - and that was the only reason I avidly followed TBBT.

In the beginning it felt like the show was glowing with fun and energy and seeing that disappear in this new season has prevented me from keeping up.

How were the last three episodes? Did you guys enjoy any of them?

Joni

They should just move Sheldon to the other flat, or start using it as a closet. There are only two flats on each floor anyway.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Well it was much better than the last episode, not that that's an achievement. We also got to see
Emily
for about 40 seconds...

Hard to believe they are bumping her up to series regular with how little screen time she gets. Though I guess the same thing happened with Kevin Sussman a few years back.

Theandrin

I've loved this show for years, but right now I'm starting to feel like I'm watching it out of habit. This season has started off slow and with stories I haven't really enjoyed, and it isn't really picking up yet. It does feel like the "joy" that used to be at the core of the show is gone this season and has been replaced by depression.

I guess thats the inevitable end for tv shows. Writers try to give the characters opportunities to grow and then they lose what made people like them in the first place. Change sucks.

Quonny

I'm shocked they haven't done an alternate-reality/musical episode yet, especially since they've shown that they can write songs and at least Howard is a decent enough singer.

All hope is lost for this show. They have nothing left to tell. The activity done by the boys was a good start. But man was it boring.

Feel sorry for the show. I remember when this show started and I recommended it to my room mate.

Ogni-XR21

This episode must have been a new low, or at least in the top 3 of worst episodes ever. By now the show has almost become what all the haters say it is.

I'm thinking of taking a break from this show, and that's coming from someone who made it to the end of Dexter, HIMYM and True Blood.

Dereck

I'm thinking of taking a break from this show, and that's coming from someone who made it to the end of Dexter, HIMYM and True Blood.
WHaxKak.gif

God damn

Ganhyun

All hope is lost for this show. They have nothing left to tell. The activity done by the boys was a good start. But man was it boring.

Feel sorry for the show. I remember when this show started and I recommended it to my room mate.

I feel like the show writers dont know where they want things to go so we keep getting retreads of past situations slightly updated. Though I cannot wait for Sheldon to get out of the funk he is in concerning Amy. Though a drunken Sheldon telling Amy he tastes good to her confusion was hilarious.

I will say that I feel like Stuart is there to replace Howard's character for the perviness factor the show used to have with an added constantly depressed factor.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I am amazed that Kripke's actor can keep that lisp going for so long...

I think this show may have partly ruined The Princess Bride with this episode...

leng jai

Still not really loving it. The first 5 minutes was just downright painful, and the whole storyline outside of Leonard/Sheldon was lazy as hell.

CREMSteve

Three takeaways from the latest episode...

I used to really enjoy Amy as a character, now I don't. I'd be fine if they wrote her out.

Michael Rappaport is great in everything, this was no different.

For two highly intelligent guys, Leonard and Sheldon sure are idiots.

It was a very good episode, and some good character development for Sheldon, Howard, and Bernadette.

However, did anyone notice the guest stars in the credits? It looks like Stephen Merchant was Amy's date we saw at the end. He has to be showing back up again. You don't cast someone like him for a two second shot.

Unless it is another tall, lanky actor named Stephen Merchant.

dankir

Was never interested in this show and started watching it recently with my wife. Pretty funny but man the short blonde girl was the glasses has some huge cans for her body size. It's really distracting.

Was never interested in this show and started watching it recently with my wife. Pretty funny but man the short blonde girl was the glasses has some huge cans for her body size. It's really distracting.
You should check out the new episode. Her knockers sway while producing an earth quake and after shocks.

It was a very good episode, and some good character development for Sheldon, Howard, and Bernadette.

However, did anyone notice the guest stars in the credits? It looks like Stephen Merchant was Amy's date we saw at the end. He has to be showing back up again. You don't cast someone like him for a two second shot.

Unless it is another tall, lanky actor named Stephen Merchant.

Having him on for a few episodes could really up the game a bit.

The fact that they haven't turned Leonard's kiss into a season long bore shows some growth from the writers.

mantidor

I'm just catching up and I've been enjoying the whole season so I don't get the complains.

It's a sitcom, not a drama, character development is nice but not required, the truth is Sheldon by himself would not be funny, and that is why they are keeping the odd arrangement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom