• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac |OT| thread brought to you by Edmund McMillen

Gintoki

JBtKx.png

http://edmundm.com/post/23922440947/we-have-just-finished-uploading-wrath-of-the-lamb

Deques

they use ftp to upload files? that was unexpected. maybe it is the best way to do so.

anyway. im so gonna instant buy it :D

it has been a while since i last played it. i wonder if i still good :D

Lots of weird stuff so far.

STEM CELLS: +1 heart but there's a fetus growing on the side of your head
TROLLOLOL: Homing bombs (towards you, that is)
POISON BOMBS: They look like corpse heads, and obviously poison targets
SQUEEZY: Tears +1
PYRO: You grow four strands of hair (all lit bomb fuses). Bombs +99

Also saw these new spiders that only jump when you move.

Leezard

So, I just bought this as well.

new items so far:
Tick: reduces bosses health with about 10% at the start of the boss fight ( I think it was the tick. I got another item that said "you have been blessed" though.)
Guppys Paw: reduce max health by 1, gain 3 soul hearts. No cooldown. edit: you gain 3 soul hearts!

Got the DLC working by verifying my cache which got it to start another download. First new item I've found is the remote detonator. It has no cooldown and allows you to detonate any bombs on the map instantly. Came in very handy when I ended up against the bomberman mini-boss and could blow up all his bombs in his face as soon as he threw them out.

No bugs for me, yet

HOLY GRAIL: You've been promoted. +1 Heart, flying due to angel wings
BLOODY LUST: ??? Cool headband though (oh, shots are red but pause screen power hasn't changed?)

Also found RAW LIVER (+1 Heart) and a pill of "Friends to the End" (3 fly options) but maybe those aren't new. Also just found a gold key - no idea what that does yet.

Hmm. just bought a Prayer Card. Gave me 1/2 White Heart. No idea what it did.

Also with the gold key I managed to open non-gold doors for free. Maybe it only exhausts if you use it on a gold door when it's in your only key left?

EDIT:

JESUS JUICE: Range + Tears +1

EDIT 2:

Not sure if a bug or not but with the holy grail I just flew through a barred door.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
New room type. Looks like the door is made of teeth, has two dark red chests inside.

! hits you on the way out. Teeth damage.

One half of a heart on the way in and way out. Basically costs one heart to enter and exit, and sometimes there will be another teeth door inside.

Oh. Jesus Juice also seems to have a weird extra effect - the first X number of shots per room are white. Not sure if they are more powerful or what.

New item: Umbilical Cord. Seems to drop two pennies every time I take damage

EDIT: If you earn "Pretty Fly" it removes "Friends til the End"

Also just found "Cancer" to replace "Umbilical Cord". Seems to have upped my tears rate to max.

EDIT: Cancer/Umbilical Cord are the new "swap type" items. They're passive but swap 1-for-1 like spacebar items

flowsnake

I swear the curse/teeth room damaged my maxhp once. I might be going crazy or experienced a bug though.

The new passive items are going to make the lack of item compendium or whatever even more annoying (hide what items do the first time, not after that!).

3 Dollar Bill: Tears are...randomized?

Arcade now has a fortune telling machine (gives you cards)

EDIT: Spirit of the Night: well, I know look like a pokemon ghost...no idea what else it did for the two heart pact. Oh, my shots have a steep boomerang effect now.

EDIT 2: New passive - Isaac's Fork...

Leezard

Chemical peel is quite awesome. It increases the size, and presumably the damage of the tears every time you get hit. It resets when you change the room.

This tears randomization is brutal.

Mom's Coin Purse: Dropped four random pills

EDIT: The White heart had an effect upon entering the next floor. Not sure what it did.

EDIT 2: Devil beggars! No surprise, they ask for hearts

EDIT 3: Finally died. New version of the laser enemy that shoots out boomerang chompers instead. Agh

Therion

I think I need to take a short break from this. I'm feeling a little bit overwhelmed by all the new stuff popping up in every room, and I keep forgetting to read what the items do (since I used to know them all by heart). Probably didn't help that out of the nine levels I just played, only one was pre-expansion style. Will try again in a bit.

Also, I look forward to getting Infestation during an Eve playthrough. Pretty cool item for any character, but very fun when self-harming a lot.

WHAT

Angel room instead of devil room. Let's go!

Dead Dove: Cost me nothing. I'm now...a white ghost and can move through all gaps/objects

EDIT: Oh. Two white heart halves = Max HP +1. (Even if you have 9 lives, although not sure about the other 8)

Looks like some combination of the brimstone, epicac, and the brass knuckles has me in a state of being unable to fire...

I DO have 99 bombs though, so maybe I can hold out...

Edit: Well, I beat C.H.A.D., onward to the depths

Edit2: I CAN fire, it just has a charge up time of like 15 seconds now

Edit3: 2 secret rooms on one floor??!

Leezard

Epicac is not for the faint of heart

EDIT: And now I'm a cyclops with mega-tear

Epicac is quite fearsome indeed. I got Epicac combined with the 3 dollar bill, which randomizes the tears. In some room I got the mirror tears. Epicac tears that recurved back to me were quite horrible.

Real bummer for me earlier. Was all excited to see the new content-post mom and my character was pretty OP (I had the regenerating kamikaze fly ring and both eye lasers, plus 9 lives)...but I didn't have my old save so ended immediately at Mom. :(

Remy

So before the expansion came out, I had managed 8 completions but never got to It Lives. Had tried Sheol a few times but died horribly every time.

First expansion run: Brimstone in the first teeth room. From there (not quite in order):
Blood of the Martyr
Mom's Underwear
Boom!
2x Pretty Fly
Steven
The Mark
Steam Sale dropped in The Womb (useful!)
Guppy's Tail
Prayer Card (got it kind of late but managed to up my HP maybe 3 times with it)
Ipecac (out of a blood machine)
Bloody Lust
Sacred Heart
Tooth Picks
Holy Grail (in a God room)
Dead Dove
Pyro
Various life-ups x4
Mom's Coin Purse
Jesus Juice
Black Bean
Passed on a Skeleton key in a challenge room

The combination of Brimstone + Ipecac + Bloody Lust meant that my shots took forever to charge but were WAY overpowered. I think the final form of Satan took 3 shots.

Bizarrely, after I did that, I got the Sheol ending, which unlocked the two I had missed, and ??? is now unlocked, but I didn't get any notifications about it. (Didn't get the It Lives cheesemint, either.)

Top Bottom