• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth launching on Xbox One July 24th

...actually the 23.
https://twitter.com/EdmundMcMillenn/status/618236826952708096
update! just because we like you we are going to release a day sooner than i posted! it now releases on the 23rd! (not because i fucked up)

...and also on Wii U and 3DS in North America.
https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/618239351135154176
It's official, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth comes to Xbox One, Wii U and new 3DS in North America July 23rd!

http://bindingofisaac.com/post/123420496744/xboned-afterbirth-update-14

Xboned! (afterbirth update #14
its official! the binding of isaac rebirth will release on Xbox 1 on July 24th!
it will obviously not release with the upcoming afterbirth dlc, because it isnt finished yet, but it will eventually make its way to the ol bone.
here are some videos of it running on said system…

https://youtu.be/UvByoT64ezE

https://youtu.be/UvByoT64ezE

2 consoles down, one to go! this will be my first ever universal release (even more universal now that it’s also going to be on all current gen handhelds) makes me really happy to see something so freaking weird releasing on EVERYTHING. the Nicalis team have done such an amazing job with these and have dealt with my design nazi diva ass quite well :).

Also showed a new item for the upcoming Afterbirth expansion that turns treasure rooms to double treasure rooms:
tumblr_inline_nr3aa8Nts81rq0wgw_500.gif

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
There's DLC incoming for Rebirth? Here's to dozens more hours of gameplay you glorious bastards!

shandy706

Bought this game on recommendations.

One of Gaf's swings and a miss for me. Didn't like it. So I guess I'm the one no in the thread, lol.

FTL recommendation on the other hand, which I got in the Steam sale, love it.

Always great when a game hits everything though. Had no idea we were getting it on Nintendo hardware.

One of Gaf's swings and a miss for me. Didn't like it. So I guess I'm the one no in the thread, lol.

Always great when a game hits everything though. Had no idea we were getting it on Nintendo hardware.

I'm not a fan either. I have a friend who has put over 100 hours into it though.

zulux21

There's DLC incoming for Rebirth? Here's to dozens more hours of gameplay you glorious bastards!

there is one confirmed content dlc and potentially a second dlc that would add level editor and online support to the game, but that one is a long ways away and still not sure if it will happen.

Carl

Didn't like it either. Really boring.

Nicktals

Banned
Didn't like it either. Really boring.

How far did you get/how many times did you beat it? The game constantly is expanding the more you play it, and the more you learn while playing, the more you realize there is a shit ton of depth to the game.

It's great, and I can't wait for Afterbirth.

The design is a little sloppy occasionally, but the game is anything but boring!

It's crazy that there are tournaments and thousands of people who have put 1000s (yes, thousands) of hours into a single player game that's about a young naked child crying on deformed fetuses and fistualas.

Thinking about getting into the tournament scene for this game, just because it's so fun, and there's so much depth, even after you've played for a thousand hours you'll be learning new things.

Durden77

Whoa 3DS? That's way cool. I thought they said Nintendo wouldn't let them a while back?

If the OP could be changed that would be neat. A lot of people will be psyched. I think.

Nicktals

Banned
Whoa 3DS? That's way cool. I thought they said Nintendo wouldn't let them a while back?

If the OP could be changed that would be neat. A lot of people will be psyched. I think.

It's been announced for the new 3DS for over two months, and teased for about 6 months

UberTag

It's crazy that there are tournaments and thousands of people who have put 1000s (yes, thousands) of hours into a single player game that's about a young naked child crying on deformed fetuses and fistualas.

Thinking about getting into the tournament scene for this game, just because it's so fun, and there's so much depth, even after you've played for a thousand hours you'll be learning new things.
Some streamers have been playing almost nothing but Rebirth since it came out and they're still running into new rooms they've never encountered before.

dickroach

Some streamers have been playing almost nothing but Rebirth since it came out and they're still running into new rooms they've never encountered before.

I've put like 210 hours into the game and I run into rooms I've never seen before every couple of days.

Don't buy Nicalis games at launch, especially on 3DS.

Luckily for Europeans this is an obligation rather than an optional statement. Seriously. I don't know how a 21st century games publisher keeps getting away with this shit. Does anybody who works at Nicalis browse GAF?

Hire a new localisation team, for the love of god.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Luckily for Europeans this is an obligation rather than an optional statement. Seriously. I don't know how a 21st century games publisher keeps getting away with this shit. Does anybody who works at Nicalis browse GAF?

Hire a new localisation team, for the love of god.

The main dude shows up to defend himself every so often.

Top Bottom