• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT13| Kimba is the New Blacked

Malyse

I'll make the next thread. I think I can get it locking in 10 pages or less. ��

No, but I'll really make the next thread. There's stuff that's been getting dropped that I want to bring back to the OP and I make great OT.

I've saw meltdowns on literally every site I was on on Saturday. Reddit, Gaf, DeviantArt, Tumblr, Facebook, Tsu, Soup, Linkedin... All of them. What an odd day.

Need a name doe.

Shy is so nice that he would put reminders on his calender to buy us all full priced games for our birthdays. 😉😏🙏

March 13 is the day I turn 25. I can't believe it really.
I'll be 25 on the 11th
9df971265b16eabccd5a28ccf128860b.gif

D i Z

I'll make the next thread. I think I can get it locking in 10 pages or less. ��

No, but I'll really make the next thread. There's stuff that's been getting dropped that I want to bring back to the OP and I make great OT.

I've saw meltdowns on literally every site I was on on Saturday. Reddit, Gaf, DeviantArt, Tumblr, Facebook, Tsu, Soup, Linkedin... All of them. What an odd day.

Need a name doe.

Just don't add any Disney questions..

Dai101

Banned
Well, final time 2:30 in Super Metroid. Not bad i guess, since the last time i played it was about a decade ago or so.

I can do best but maybe other day. Now for some old school fighting.

I love when people argue progressives need to just get along with conservatives and act like conservatives being harmful to oppressed folk is just a recent thing.

Jacir

Since I'm not a US citizen, I wouldn't be able to vote in general elections. However, if I could, ID vote like this. If Bernie wins, I choose him over the GOP (most likely Trump). If Hilary wins, I would pick Trump. Doing that in the wishful mentality that his win in the general would disintegrate the Republican party even more because they deserve all the confusion that will hit(or not) all who associate themselves with this party. The two-party system is huge reason why this is one way I think I wouldn't mind, assuming the predicted result/consequences happen.

Controversial vote heh.

Edit- Android keyboard is fucking my grammar n writing up.

Since I'm not a US citizen, I wouldn't be able to vote in general elections. However, if I could, ID vote like this. If Bernie wins, I choose him over the GOP (most likely Trump). If Hilary wins, I would pick Trump. Doing that in the wishful mentality that his win in the general would disintegrate the Republican party even more because they deserve all the confusion that will hit(or not) all who associate themselves with this party. The two-party system is huge reason why this is one way I think I wouldn't mind, assuming the predicted result/consequences happen.

Controversial vote heh.

Edit- Android keyboard is fucking my grammar n writing up.

You call it controversial I call it idiotic.

Nothing about Trump coming into power would result in the end if the 2 party system nor the GOP.

It would empower white supremacists though....

Jacir

Nothing about Trump coming into power would result in the end if the 2 party system nor the GOP.

Well I meant not the two party system but the GOP itself. I don't think I'm that naive to not think about the negatives like you mentioned. I just have a feeling that something has to happen for this system to be changed. I don't know much about us law in terms of political parties but don't don't you nonviolent disruption is currently feasible? I'm talking about the system and the goal of more than 2 parties representing actual political and racial demographics.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".

Consigned fam.

Voting for Hitler 2.16 isn't the way to bring about change.

D i Z

Pretty much all of this is truth. People think that Putin is bad. If that petulant child were to gain power, we'd all be up shit creek. Foreign policy would take a back seat to any perceived slight.
The supremacists would be employed into positions of enforcement beyond what they have today. Fuck your life if you ain't white on a whole other level. Nah. This is not the change that the world could tolerate. That motherfucker is one step away from becoming a menace.

Well I meant not the two party system but the GOP itself. I don't think I'm that naive to not think about the negatives like you mentioned. I just have a feeling that something has to happen for this system to be changed. I don't know much about us law in terms of political parties but don't don't you nonviolent disruption is currently feasible? I'm talking about the system and the goal of more than 2 parties representing actual political and racial demographics.

Forcing rock bottom to hopefully rebound doesn't happen. You just break new ground and sink lower.

The US system is built to be 2 parties. It's fundamentally part if the system. They'd need ti change their entire electoral and governmental system to make a third party viable.

It is absolutely insane to hope a right wing hate monger win in hopes that hope will emerge.

It won't it'll just empower the hate. Bot to mention the Supreme Court goes Conservative for 30 years or so.

Jacir

Would y'all agree that the caucus system is bogus? The electoral college is outdated? How would we improve this representative democracy?

D i Z

Would y'all agree that the caucus system is bogus? The electoral college is outdated? How would we improve this representative democracy?

What you're talking is a shake down of the entire system. That can't happen by playing with the blocks at the top of the tower. It would have to happen at the lowest level, and spread upward, making changes along the way.

Malyse

Trump is going to split the GOP. They do NOT want him as their candidate and it might result in them ousting the Tea Party into its own thing.

I mean, it's about time we had a switch. We don't have Federalists or Whigs and the Democratic-Republicans split down the middle. What we really need is a moderate party.

D i Z

Trump splitting the GOP isn't even a concern. The GOP has been split before the Tea Party became a thing. What concerns them is that time has run out for them to regain their own base. What Trump is doing is organizing that massive portion of people that the GOP lost a long time ago. They are the GOP base, not the politicians and their machinations. As long as he can appeal to enough factions of that splintered group and manage to hand wave away his faults with words and a few successes on their behalf, he's going to get even more to fall in line. The problem for all of us is that even if he fails, the next motherfucker won't. And the current GOP leadership is going to be powerless to do anything about it, and in typical fashion will go clandestine just to stay in the game.

Jacir

Pretty much all of this is truth. People think that Putin is bad. If that petulant child were to gain power, we'd all be up shit creek. Foreign policy would take a back seat to any perceived slight.
The supremacists would be employed into positions of enforcement beyond what they have today. Fuck your life if you ain't white on a whole other level. Nah. This is not the change that the world could tolerate. That motherfucker is one step away from becoming a menace.

Forcing rock bottom to hopefully rebound doesn't happen. You just break new ground and sink lower.

The US system is built to be 2 parties. It's fundamentally part if the system. They'd need ti change their entire electoral and governmental system to make a third party viable.

It is absolutely insane to hope a right wing hate monger win in hopes that hope will emerge.

It won't it'll just empower the hate. Bot to mention the Supreme Court goes Conservative for 30 years or so.

What you're talking is a shake down of the entire system. That can't happen by playing with the blocks at the top of the tower. It would have to happen at the lowest level, and spread upward, making changes along the way.

Im neither pro or anti Putin, but the overtaking of Crimea was a strategic win for him, his ego, and questionably for Russia as a whole. I have no expertise to give you a satisfying explanation for that tho.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be shortsided here and I don't think I'm disconnected from the reality that all kinds of crazy shit might pop off. I understand the bigger picture. I understand that even today there are supremacists in local, state and federal institutions and out of government too. With how far we've come, we still have fuckery happening every week.

Do we even have the tools to create a multiparty system from the ground up? I know of independents and little about the Green Party (might be others IDC enough to know) who seem legit or not. Well in this area, I will be honest and say I dont know much so I will leave it at that. Changing the system requires how much thought and energy? I don't even know what question to ask. Maybe I'm going blank because I'm tired.

My hypothetical vote would not be in support of his right wing hate but more on the greater effect on the party and people's disgust towards it. Like I said, it was wishful thinking. One thing I somehow completely forgot was the appointing of new Supreme Court justices. Now in hindsight, I wouldn't have picked Trump but chosen Bernie over Hilary.

Im neither pro or anti Putin, but the overtaking of Crimea was a strategic win for him, his ego, and questionably for Russia as a whole. I have no expertise to give you a satisfying explanation for that tho.

Anyway, I'm not trying to be shortsided here and I don't think I'm disconnected from the reality that all kinds of crazy shit might pop off. I understand the bigger picture. I understand that even today there are supremacists in local, state and federal institutions and out of government too. With how far we've come, we still have fuckery happening every week.

Do we even have the tools to create a multiparty system from the ground up? I know of independents and little about the Green Party (might be others IDC enough to know) who seem legit or not. Well in this area, I will be honest and say I dont know much so I will leave it at that. Changing the system requires how much thought and energy? I don't even know what question to ask. Maybe I'm going blank because I'm tired.

My hypothetical vote would not be in support of his right wing hate but more on the greater effect on the party and people's disgust towards it. Like I said, it was wishful thinking. One thing I somehow completely forgot was the appointing of new Supreme Court justices. Now in hindsight, I wouldn't have picked Trump but chosen Bernie over Hilary.

The entire government system and election process would have to be changed. That might even include constitutional changes.

Like I said bringing in shit to inspire change doesn't work. You just end uo sinking deeper in shit.

Also how can you not be against Putin?

Jacir

The entire government system and election process would have to be changed. That might even include constitutional changes.

Like I said bringing in shit to inspire change doesn't work. You just end uo sinking deeper in shit.

Also how can you not be against Putin?

Much like Gaddafi, I don't know enough of their governance. Not a deliberate comparison on my part but I think of him in that space. I guess I have to read up on both at a later time.

Edit- oh I just remembered that UN speech by Putin dropping truth bombs towards the West. I pretty much agreed with him.

Lucini

Banned
Kendrick thread makes me angry.

"Fam"

"kenny x y z"

and so on. Why is that necessary? Can we just say ol' K-Dot's a genius (like I've been saying since Section 80 or Overly Dedicated)?

I wanna strangle my older brother.

Ruined his life growing up with drugs, but managed to turn it around and get clean for a year and a half. Our mom no longer had to worry about getting a call that it killed him. He was doing good.

He called our mom (my adoptive mom) tonight to say he's back on the shit so he can be with a girl who cheated on him. He went from being healthy and employed to no longer being able to support himself because he's gotten so sickly, in a few months. He deliberately made the choice not to get help this time, because in his words, the relationship is "worth working on".

This dumbass is going to destroy himself over a girl that cheated on him.

I dunno why I'm posting about this. Just need to vent, I guess.

Damn, Fawful..sorry to hear that. I know full well the struggle with family with addictions. Shit was the worst part of growing up. Keep your head up, man.

Shy

Ruined his life growing up with drugs, but managed to turn it around and get clean for a year and a half. Our mom no longer had to worry about getting a call that it killed him. He was doing good.

He called our mom (my adoptive mom) tonight to say he's back on the shit so he can be with a girl who cheated on him. He went from being healthy and employed to no longer being able to support himself because he's gotten so sickly, in a few months. He deliberately made the choice not to get help this time, because in his words, the relationship is "worth working on".

I'm sorry to hear about your brother.

I hope he's able see his mistake, and get clean again.

And don't be sorry, we're always here for you, if you ever need to vent again.

Mizerman

Yeesh. Sorry to hear about that, man.

Thank you, guys. I wish I could talk sense into him, or kick his ass, or something, but he's not listening to anybody right now. So I guess either he'll get fed up when he realizes he can't change this girl, or he'll die. Anyway, I can't sleep, so I guess I'll go find some work to do or play Pokemon Yellow or something.

andthebeatgoeson

Thank you, guys. I wish I could talk sense into him, or kick his ass, or something, but he's not listening to anybody right now. So I guess either he'll get fed up when he realizes he can't change this girl, or he'll die. Anyway, I can't sleep, so I guess I'll go find some work to do or play Pokemon Yellow or something.
Sorry. It sucks to feel so powerless, to know the right answer but can't make someone see it.

Make me pray out to God, asking why do I have to watch a car crash evolve over time. I'm watching a guy get divorced and I don't know why. I want to run away.

I pray you can find understanding in the future, fawful.

andthebeatgoeson

Hey Gordon, what's the best Father's day present you ever got? Bct? I really don't remember. But I don't need much. If they would clean up without being prompted, I would be over the moon. I should tell my wife that so she can translate.

I need to bail out of that Mother's day card thread. I want to smack op and tell him to go hug his mom.

Hey Gordon, what's the best Father's day present you ever got?

9v68YaU.gif

The occasional hand made card when they were really young, but that was rare. I don't fuss much about it, honestly..on occasion I'll pretend to care just to mess with the fam. I'm very "every day is ______ day" and didn't grow up celebrating anything anyway. Anniversary and birthdays are priority..

andthebeatgoeson

The occasional hand made card when they were really young, but that was rare. I don't fuss much about it, honestly..on occasion I'll pretend to care just to mess with the fam. I'm very "every day is ______ day" and didn't grow up celebrating anything anyway. Anniversary and birthdays are priority..
Yeah, me too. I'm going to start to float the idea of them cleaning the whole house. Keep the money, most of it comes from me anyway.

And 2, is there a button in your brain that is satisfied by posting gifs? Are you like the Portal computers that need to test? You need to post a gif?

Yeah, me too. I'm going to start to float the idea of them cleaning the whole house. Keep the money, most of it comes from me anyway.

And 2, is there a button in your brain that is satisfied by posting gifs? Are you like the Portal computers that need to test? You need to post a gif?

Gifs are the greatest thing the Internet ever did.

xZ2sEbd.gif

Actually, yes lol. I think they convey how I feel at the time of reading a post. I like looking at them. They make me laugh more (which I need in this shitty life). I also get a bit of a kick out of the fact that it seems to aggravate people to no end..
and they hate .. .. ..too

So..yeah, pretty satisfying..

RnRCAus.gif

Gifs are the greatest thing the Internet ever did.

xZ2sEbd.gif

Praise be..

Top Bottom