• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I should just blow money on new games, tune away from all the bullshit. Lucky the holidays are coming up. Anything good coming recently?

Be safe out there.
For me, there's Pokemon next week and Steins Gate 0 and FFXV both on the same day...
But other then these three, that's pretty much the last of what I'm buying for this year.
then p5 in February drool

raw
The fuck?

Onemic

Someone actually said this?! What the hell? Trump is not gonna do any of us black people any favors. That person had all right to vote for who they want, doesn't mean they ain't wrong about the choice. And they couldn't have picked a worse option.

Same dude didnt vote and supported kaep not voting either.

In other words, a hotep.

An appropriate reaction to such a silly ass statement.

I'm beyond words. I heard an older black man say he thought Trump would create jobs so the Republicans can solidify their position. I had to explain that that's not in the party's interest at all. you'll find crazy statements everywhere

I'm beyond words. I heard an older black man say he thought Trump would create jobs so the Republicans can solidify their position. I had to explain that that's not in the party's interest at all. you'll find crazy statements everywhere

My older sister said the same damn thing, even saying we getting increased minimum wage. I was pissed because she didn't know what is about to go down. We ain't getting jack shit, and people need to realize that soon or they gonna get their feelings hurt later.

Dude's been on that Hotep shit since jump. Ya'll just not been paying attention.

I almost used a different handle when I joined GAF, but was worried that I'd be thought of as a hotep. That and it was my handle from a game site I used to work with many years back

Imm0rt4l

Ughh
There's nothing good about this at all.

But some subscribe to the idea of accelerationism, which I feel is lazy and dangerous. But here we are, we have to wakeup to our dire circumstances with a renewed sense of urgency. We need to mobilize and take action or suffer social death. Incremental neoliberal politics has failed us. I do feel this necessitates action more, but to actually be happy that Trump is president, no. These are the cards we're dealt in a country where white supremacy is the ideology that reigns supreme.

Nudull

Banned
My parents keep going on about wanting law & order back in the country like Trump does, my own father going on about "sympathy is death, you gotta harden up". They're convinced that nothing bad will happen to them, since they're buddies with Reagan and they're the not like those "bad negroes".

Like, how in the fuck do they not see?

Does it do anything new. or is it more of the same. ?
I didn't get too far into the first one but it feels like there is an emphasis on verticality. The chaos system is rebalanced and there a lot more pacifist options now. There are a lot of avenues for replaying it with 2 characters and multiple additions to powers. All in all it feels like a proper sequel that while familiar, improves on a bunch of things. I haven't had any egregious issues but there are some technical issues with it.
How is 3? The only Uncharted game I've played is 2.
Its cool, but easily the 3rd best game in the entire series only due to the fact that the first game not aging well. Final boss aside, 2 is just really fun to blaze through.

Hello everybody.

I just want to thank everyone here for just being real. It's been good to read all this authentic blackness and PoCness and horseness. You are the reason I'm staying put and not leaving GAF. I think I'll just sit in my virtual rocking chair on the porch next to Slayven and fuss about the youngins.

Thank you.

14956060_555029178013772_2550582072226806245_n.jpg

Its cool, but easily the 3rd best game in the entire series only due to the fact that the first game not aging well. Final boss aside, 2 is just really fun to blaze through.

What's wrong with the final boss? I liked it. I was mad disappointed that 3 didn't have a boss.

man has his car painted with racial slurs
https://twitter.com/Chris_Weatherd/status/796384091260207104

something to be said with the "fake" allegations being the only thing in the replies

Yes, it disgusts me.

What's wrong with the final boss? I liked it. I was mad disappointed that 3 didn't have a boss.
It was mechanically boring to me, that and it glitched for me several times when I first played it. I never beat Uncharted 2 on PS3 even though I got to the end, I only just beat it when I played the PS4 collection earlier this year.

Something Something unity

I understand why verified accounts on social media are posting messages of and peace and togetherness, but it feels weird to see celebs/internet figures post a "lets all work together" message and leave it at that in fear of getting too political
,especially the white ones

Johndoey

Banned
I didn't get too far into the first one but it feels like there is an emphasis on verticality. The chaos system is rebalanced and there a lot more pacifist options now. There are a lot of avenues for replaying it with 2 characters and multiple additions to powers. All in all it feels like a proper sequel that while familiar, improves on a bunch of things. I haven't had any egregious issues but there are some technical issues with it.
Do you know if they improved the mêlée combat from 1? The swordplay and gunplay in 1 felt awful.

Kreed

It just hit me, what will he done when
sadly not if
there's the next mass shooting and the next one and the next one next year

I. White shooter

• Pray for the victims and their familes
  • Create laws allowing for guns in businesses and schools

II. Brown shooter

• Muslim/illegal immigrant testing
  • Declare war on the middle east
  • Walls
  • Spying and surveillance of all Mosques
  • Christian/American value conversion programs

III. Black shooter

• Stop and frisk
  • Denounce Jay-Z and all his works
  • Pass laws making it a crime to film police
  • Removal of body cameras
  • Put BLM on a terrorist group list
  • Make attacking a police officer a hate crime

Tavis Smiley on Bloomberg talking about his white liberal friends and colleagues being broken: "Black people deal with disaster every day. White people are used to winning."

If I call Barak a mixed man instead of black is that wrong or a bannable offence? I dont want to offend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom