• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really beginning to hate the word "unity".

I bet those using it don't do nothing but sit and argue against threads like so.

"This is why we need unity. This is why we will have Trump for 8 years cause there's no unity." "We need to be united, not divided like this. I'm sure this isn't 100% of all white women."

Slayven

By Unity they mean minorities shut up

I believe the people that shout "that is how trump won" and "get use to 8 years of trump" secretly want that shit. Same folks that that only show up to tsk tsk people trying to make progress.

You're right, just leaving real info here since it's a better answer than I gave before (apologies)

Bah..lol. Don't sweat it.

Saw the title and shook my head. Some issues can only talk about if they are projected on someone they can dismiss.

I respect Mess, but we ain't there yet.

We talk yellow flavors. No flavors. False flavors. On a serious note before I dip my head in the thread..what, exactly, is the subject? Is it on some "the collective" shit? Like yourself, I'm a little done with these threads..only stepping in for a laugh or two if the subject matter is funny enough..

cdyhybrid

Bah..lol. Don't sweat it.

We talk yellow flavors. No flavors. False flavors. On a serious note before I dip my head in the thread..what, exactly, is the subject? Is it on some "the collective" shit? Like yourself, I'm a little done with these threads..only stepping in for a laugh or two if the subject matter is funny enough..
It's about the phenomenon of white women voting for Trump but also turning out in force for the Women's March.

Then it turned into #NotAllWhiteWomen, unity, divisiveness, etc.

Mizerman

Because some folk think that they know what they're talking about. Or just hiding behind the internet in order to deflect from their true thoughts.

LotusHD

Banned
I bet those using it don't do nothing but sit and argue against threads like so.

"This is why we need unity. This is why we will have Trump for 8 years cause there's no unity." "We need to be united, not divided like this. I'm sure this isn't 100% of all white women."

Yea they really love saying that shit lol

LotusHD

Banned
What always gives me a good laugh is how everyone is suddenly an expert on how Trump will get re-elected, or now know with certainty that Democrats will never win an election again

Enzom21

Ha, you think that's depressing you should read up on the writing of it.
I think I've had my fill of depressing shit about
someone's mother dying.
What always gives me a good laugh is how everyone is suddenly an expert on how Trump will get re-elected, or now know with certainty that Democrats will never win an election again

It is always about how saying bad things about his supporters got him elected and will keep him in office. It's more of the: "Let's try to understand them and get them on our side." nonsense.

Slayven

someone's mother dying.

It is always about how saying bad things about his supporters got him elected and will keep him in office. It's more of the: "Let's try to understand them and get them on our side." nonsense.

They are not that deep.......

someone's mother dying.

Oh my gosh I hate that understand and get them on our side bullshit. Especially this one poster I saw use it back in December 2016. Made my blood boil.

Read a bit of that thread and once they got around to blaming the election on people who didn't vote at all instead of the 57% who did vote for Trump, I knew I'd seen enough.

By Unity they mean minorities shut up

I believe the people that shout "that is how trump won" and "get use to 8 years of trump" secretly want that shit. Same folks that that only show up to tsk tsk people trying to make progress.

Well for them it's no-risk. If it lands on black they win, if it lands on red they don't lose.

Read a bit of that thread and once they got around to blaming the election on people who didn't vote at all instead of the 57% who did vote for Trump, I knew I'd seen enough.

They don't like the truth that half of their own has some serious ass problems they need to look hard at is being thrown at them from all angles. They can't dismiss a problem when it's in their own group. So they looking for a scapegoat. And that shit is weak as all hell.

It's about the phenomenon of white women voting for Trump but also turning out in force for the Women's March.

Then it turned into #NotAllWhiteWomen, unity, divisiveness, etc.

Because some folk think that they know what they're talking about. Or just hiding behind the internet in order to deflect from their true thoughts.

So, to be clear, we're assuming that these white women who showed up voted for Trump? Was that a large theme during the march? Or is this just a lump thing going on? I'm trying to understand.

So, to be clear, we're assuming that these white women who showed up voted for Trump? Was that a large theme during the march? Or is this just a lump thing going on?

No, we're assuming (and rightfully so) that most of those white women are related to or are close with other white people who did vote Trump and didn't say shit to them nor cut ties with them, and chalked it up to "difference in politics".

Mizerman

So, to be clear, we're assuming that these white women who showed up voted for Trump? Was that a large theme during the march? Or is this just a lump thing going on? I'm trying to understand.

Eh, not really. It was only brought into attention once a picture of a sign of "Don't forget: White Women Voted for Trump" showed up and now some folk wanted to focus on that as some sort of "this is why Trump is gonna get 8 years dur hur hur."

Man.

I honestly can see the BHM topic getting locked this year.

A lot of asses are gonna be shown during that month.

Kreed

The thread is asking white people (women) to hold themselves accountable as a group and work towards getting more unity as a voting block (women). Example, the OP mentions liberals ignoring family members who voted for Trump and talking to them. However many GAFers are seeing the thread as an attack on the people (women) who are anti Trump and are saying the thread is promoting "in-fighting" and will help Trump win in 2020.

zeemumu

The thread is asking white people (women) to hold themselves accountable as a group and work towards getting more unity as a voting block (women). Example, the OP mentions liberals ignoring family members who voted for Trump and talking to them. However many GAFers are seeing the thread as an attack on the people (women) who are anti Trump and are saying the thread is promoting "in-fighting" and will help Trump win in 2020.

Don't most threads about why the Democratic Party lost promote infighting whether they wanted to or not?

If that truly is the point of that thread then those first few pictures in the OP were the worst way to start

Kreed

Don't most threads about why the Democratic Party lost promote infighting whether they wanted to or not?

Depends on the in fighting you're talking about. Liberal against Liberal (aka the one GAF cares about), only pops up when skin color is involved.

No, we're assuming (and rightfully so) that most of those white women are related to or are close with other white people who did vote Trump and didn't say shit to them nor cut ties with them, and chalked it up to "difference in politics".

And what does that have to do with the white women there? Was there a tally? Why are they "rightfully" being targeted?

Eh, not really. It was only brought into attention once a picture of a sign of "Don't forget: White Women Voted for Trump" showed up and now some folk wanted to focus on that as some sort of "this is why Trump is gonna get 8 years dur hur hur."

Figured as much..

Thanks. Yeah, imma save my anger for those old cracker grandmas that live by me and give me the nigger look. Not sure how the white women marching have anything to do with being Pro Trump. The last thing I'm gonna be doing is acting like those Pro Sanders fucks (no offense) that blamed everything on the poorly educated southern negro. No one here was a fan of that stupid bullshit when it was said..no one here should be doing the same..

Obviously, do what you feel is best..just don't ignore the hypocrisy..

Cipherr

Yeah... The first post set the tone for fuckery.

Yeah the first post was mine and I fucking meant it, and shame on anyone trying to claim I was white for saying it. That's a bullshit reflection and the ones using it know it. Im every bit black and I can recognize horseshit when I see it. The issues surrounding the 53% of white women who voted for Trump are real and deserving of discussion, and the "This is why Trump won" posts are a bunch of hand wringing IMO; But I sternly believe that the march was fucking huge, and serves as a starting point for raising awareness and enthusiasm to help our chances in 2018 and holding that sign is preaching to the fucking choir.

The 53% that voted for that scumbag have a very low chance of being there, and as I said in the thread, anyone who wants to stand in the way of building the momentum we need to win in 2018 can KMA. That thread wasn't started for any reason other than to get a bunch of people who agree with each other to start flinging shit at one another after what has been a pretty eventful and decent start to turning shit around in 2 years.

Imm0rt4l

That thread is equal parts concern trolling and folks being invested into whiteness. It's ~90% reactionary and maybe 10% who have done some introspectio, and that's being generous. WW who understand and privilege intersectionality simply get it and therefore aren't in their feelings. And anyone who would take their ball and go home based off a few signs that challenges them were never allies to begin with.

But the division!

So we just gonna front like intersectional feminists haven't been calling out white feminism for a hot minute now? FOH

LionPride

Banned
I lay the blame of Trump and how we got him on everyone really. Everyone who has sat by and acted as if this country isn't racist and sexist. Everyone who did nothing in their local and state elections. Everyone who thought Trump was a joke until September. No one race did anything. We deserve this. Now we gotta deal with him and focus on doing better.

And what does that have to do with the white women there? Was there a tally? Why are they "rightfully" being targeted?

Figured as much..

Thanks. Yeah, imma save my anger for those old cracker grandmas that live by me and give me the nigger look. Not sure how the white women marching have anything to do with being Pro Trump. The last thing I'm gonna be doing is acting like those Pro Sanders fucks (no offense) that blamed everything on the poorly educated southern negro. No one here was a fan of that stupid bullshit when it was said..no one here should be doing the same..

Obviously, do what you feel is best..just don't ignore the hypocrisy..

Don't get it fucked up, a lot of those white women that were marching will absolutely call the police on your black ass if they see you opening your car door suspiciously like you owned it or something.

They marched because they were in the crosshairs. That's it. Same women that tried to get language talking about protection for sex workers (who are majority WoC) removed from the march.

White feminism is white supremacy.

Don't get it fucked up, a lot of those white women that were marching will absolutely call the police on your black ass if they see you opening your car door suspiciously like you owned it or something.

So would half the nosy elderly black women in my life..you've answered nothing that I asked.

I lay the blame of Trump and how we got him on everyone really.

Kiddo, this is probably the smartest thing you've ever said. Keep it up..😜

zeemumu

Depends on the in fighting you're talking about. Liberal against Liberal (aka the one GAF cares about), only pops up when skin color is involved.

The initial parts of that OP (mainly the pictures) seem to refer directly to the people participating in the marches and imply that the point is that the people out there were the same ones who voted for Trump, and the idea that the people marching didn't vote for Trump is where the infighting thing comes in. You said that the point was that they should have spoken to the Trump supporters to unify women in voting instead of ignoring it altogether. But you can't get that shit across if you're gonna start with "Look in the mirror." That's gonna warrant a "fuck you" instead of a "You're right." The only people you're gonna get a "you're right" from are the ones who had no stake in it or were on your side from the getgo.

Yeah the first post was mine and I fucking meant it, and shame on anyone trying to claim I was white for saying it. That's a bullshit reflection and the ones using it know it. Im every bit black and I can recognize horseshit when I see it. The issues surrounding the 53% of white women who voted for Trump are real and deserving of discussion, and the "This is why Trump won" posts are a bunch of hand wringing IMO; But I sternly believe that the march was fucking huge, and serves as a starting point for raising awareness and enthusiasm to help our chances in 2018 and holding that sign is preaching to the fucking choir.

The 53% that voted for that scumbag have a very low chance of being there, and as I said in the thread, anyone who wants to stand in the way of building the momentum we need to win in 2018 can KMA. That thread wasn't started for any reason other than to get a bunch of people who agree with each other to start flinging shit at one another after what has been a pretty eventful and decent start to turning shit around in 2 years.

Who claimed you were white though?

Cipherr

If that truly is the point of that thread then those first few pictures in the OP were the worst way to start

Thank you. Thats really what pissed me off about it. Take an important topic worthy of discussion and wrap it in shit brehs. Then get pissed when someone calls it out.

Not completely true. It was alive and well with Bernie v Clinton. Although Ill admit it got there once Bernie decided not to visit down South much.

Imm0rt4l

They marched because they were in the crosshairs. That's it. Same women that tried to get language talking about protection for sex workers (who are majority WoC) removed from the march.

And the church said amen

The march in Portland is a great example of this. The NAACP pulled support for that one because the organizers didn't want to speak on issues that pertain to woc. They wanted to avoid speaking on race and Trump being elected, because it was "too political"

Nigga what

Fuck y'all marching for?!?

Lesath

Wow, holy shit, guys, I will admit a while back with the oscarsowhite fiasco I was butthurt when Asians got put on blast, but now I'm seeing what some of you felt.

I understand that hypocrisy is the least of crimes, but I still don't understand how the forum that mocked "notallmen" can abide for "notallwhitewomen", and moreover, how they somehow feel it's okay to throw your grievances under the bus to spare their own feelings for the sake of some kumbaya liberal agenda, as if you were the ones risking them when it was their particular group that failed us in the first place. It's a goddamn travesty.

I ain't mad at them for marching. I ain't mad about the way it went about peacefully. I am mad that people are now fighting over purity when they need to focus on how to get through this mess. The consortium has decintegrated. I ain't mad at the white ladies. They're going to do what they do, support their issues. Other groups are able to coalesce around an idea. "Liberals" have a problem doing this.

Note: I don't claim to be a liberal or a conservative

zeemumu

I move to change the topic to the Great Pumpkin instead

What do you guys think? Was Linus' pumpkin patch just not sincere enough? Are the promises of the Great Pumpkin enough to shirk Trick or Treating? Has Santa stolen the Great Pumpkin's publicity by casting a wider, more lenient net in terms of who gets presents?

Where you're from - Baltimore, MD
Where you live - Glen Burnie, MD
What is your age? - 31
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy -
Do you know your roots - Nah
Favorite musical genre - rap
Your profession/major/career interest - carpet installer
Your religious affiliation - christian
Hobbies - Gaming
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - Popeyes
Marvel or DC? - Marvel
Favorite superhero? - Raphael(TMNT) not a superhero but he's my fave.
Anime or Nah? - See my GAF username
Favorite sport and team? - Basketball, Baltimore Ravens/Orioles
What's your favorite Disney movie? - The 3rd pirates of the Caribbean
What's your favorite video game and genre? - Skyrim, RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom