• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
"GAF I accidentally sniffed a co-workers hair and now I'm in jail. So anyway should I buy the new mass effect?"

"Hey GAF I printed out a picture of my aunt and whacked off to it. Now my family has disowned me. TL;DR: Anyone else have any other stories of being wackily misunderstood?"

FreeMufasa

yoiYLgD.jpg

Sch1sm

I'll never understand why they feel the need to make threads and tell people that they've done some weird shit.

They're looking to be told that it's perfectly normal and that others on the forum have done the exact same thing, honestly. Nothing else.

Fucking bastards comparing BLM to Nazis in a thread about the "divisive political climate" as a "both sides are the same" bullshit.

I've just about had it....

I've never seen a single "My friend has different political opinions" topic that didn't involve said friend thinking minority ethnicities, sexualities, genders, religions, etc don't inherently deserve the same rights they do as a straight and/or white and/or Christian and/or cis male. I knew from the second I saw that topic I was going to hear some fuck shit about "the gays" or "the blacks" or "the muslims" etc. It's predictable at this point that some people let their "friends" get away with some heinous opinions then come flocking to people with their lives on the line with worried hands going "but-but-but he/she's a nice guy". It's total bullshit.

Slayven

I've never seen a single "My friend has different political opinions" topic that didn't involve said friend thinking minority ethnicities, sexualities, genders, religions, etc don't inherently deserve the same rights they do as a straight and/or white and/or Christian and/or cis male. I knew from the second I saw that topic I was going to hear some fuck shit about "the gays" or "the blacks" or "the muslims" etc. It's predictable at this point that some people let their "friends" get away with some heinous opinions then come flocking to people with their lives on the line with worried hands going "but-but-but he/she's a nice guy". It's total bullshit.

Folks want minorities to shuck and jive and debate their humanity, but they won't call out grandma when she talks about the "A-rabs".

Had to back out that stalking thread. Way to many people saying it isn't stalking.

Cats always want to argue semantics when the word has "too strong of a meaning to them personally." So its clearly not "Stalking." I just sit back and feel bad for the women these boys will make feel uncomfortable in life.

Slayven

i rememebr the thread where took a picture of a girl(she was unaware) in a library with his 3ds and asked gaf how he should talk to her

Good morning BCT. I hope you guys are having a good Monday. And that sweet trolling at the confederate rally brightened my day. Good stuff

Beefy

Just wait til the Switch gets a web browser. Next gen stalking is on the way folks

With friend codes?

Cats always want to argue semantics when the word has "too strong of a meaning to them personally." So its clearly not "Stalking." I just sit back and feel bad for the women these boys will make feel uncomfortable in life.

Yeah, people don't get there are different types of stalking. Some just think stalking is the messed up person follows you about and breaks into your flat shit.

way too many people have that as their primary form of contact with some people...

Haha. Loads of Gaf it seems man.

i rememebr the thread where took a picture of a girl(she was unaware) in a library with his 3ds and asked gaf how he should talk to her

Same dude? Some guy just posted another thread op started....

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=174606423#post174606423

This OP:

I've been seeing this girl a couple month's now, a real sweetheart but in typical southern fashion has put her heart in the wrong place and been hurt. Currently she has a 1 year old she has joint custody with the alcoholic father, something she needs to do since his mother is her main babysitter. She has no money - she borrowed $425 from a coworker for a week to make rent - but should be doing better now that she's working 40+ hours. We started dating shortly after she left her last boyfriend she lived with.

Today I find out in that brief week she hooked up with him, something I didn't know her to do based on her personality; We're both "relationship types". She's pregnant; 9 weeks, Not mine.

I consider myself at least mildly intelligent, and thanks to GAF and YouTube I feel I have a solid understanding for most things in the world even if I'll never experience them intimately. That said, given her situation, the most confusing part is she won't have an abortion? Its mentally exhausting, I get that - I just called my mom for advice who said crying my father made her get one she still regrets - but is it my male reasoning that makes me feel this is the best option?

Abortion should only be used as a last resort, but to better her life and her current child's I think it's the only real option.
Maybe adoption.

It's her choice, her life, and I'll respect whatever she chooses.

Like what the fuck at some of that shit.

Kreed

Yeah, people don't get there are different types of stalking. Some just think stalking is the messed up person follows you about and breaks into your flat shit.

Same with any sort of "That was racist" discussion. To many GAFers/people on the internet in general, you aren't a racist unless you're wearing a KKK hood and hanging black people from trees, and even that is "debatable" for some people. They don't want these labels applied unless the person has Hitler level intentions and they have no grasp of the "levels to this shit".

LionPride

Banned
Same with any sort of "That was racist" discussion. To many GAFers/people on the internet in general, you aren't a racist unless you're wearing a KKK hood and hanging black people from trees, and even that is "debatable" for some people. They don't want these labels applied unless the person has Hitler level intentions and they have no grasp of the "levels to this shit".
If you aren't saying Nigger, Spic, Chink, Camel Jockey, or any racial slur or burning crosses, it's not racist.

But what about

Nope! Not racist. Not at all...

LionPride

Banned
Have you seen the passes people give for you tube folks?
It's wild how many people say blatently racist shit and get away with it. People overlooking subtle racism that most people who aren't that race understand? Sure

But blatent shit? Calling folks Sand Niggers and shit? Pullin ya eyes and doin shit like that? Nah

It's wild how many people say blatently racist shit and get away with it. People overlooking subtle racism that most people who aren't that race understand? Sure

But blatent shit? Calling folks Sand Niggers and shit? Pullin ya eyes and doin shit like that? Nah
Throwing on a turban and talking like apu wanting to cause another 9/11 and shit is okay as long as you play vidja games and make people chuckle.

LionPride

Banned
Throwing on a turban and talking like apu wanting to cause another 9/11 and shit is okay as long as you play vidja games and make people chuckle.
Shit's not even funny. How do people live life saying "that shit's funny" and get upset when called out saying "But what about Mel Brooks/Louis C.K./Carlin/Any actual comedian who worked and mastered their craft and not some fuckboy with a capture card and a camera"

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Had to back out that stalking thread. Way to many people saying it isn't stalking.

Too many people who don't have a clue about real-life interactions. I fear we are going to have future generations totally miss out on what it means to be human. Intuition, reading moods by body language, understanding tone, hell even just learning by getting life experience seems to be going by the wayside.

The defense force for everything crowd needs to chill too. It is okay to think someone is fucked up because of their actions.

Let's be honest, did you really expect better? Really? Just wait til their real feelings are expressed

I know it would have gone the only way but it's good to know there are those in that thread that would have dropped "friends" like that in a heartbeat.

It's total bullshit indeed. if there are people in your life that has some disgusting and downright hateful shit to say about minorities but they nice to you, sorry they ain't nice. I don't care what you say. And the people that let that shit slide because that person is "nice" is privileged as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom