• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell no, Memphis can do it wet or dry and that shit is delicious. The Rendevouz BBQ is sublime.

Imma miss Memphis food, food truck game is on point, BBQ is on point, good Asian spots, great pizza, food in general is amazing.

Sounds like KC.

Whats the big beer there? or Alcohol?

Lion is over on gaming side making sure no one mistakes him for a gamer. He's just a brother that plays games.

I had some good brisket in Dallas...man I have never had brisket before that moment and I was in awe.

I have family in North Carolina but I have never had good sweet tea there. I need someone to ship me something up.

LionPride

Banned
Lion is over on gaming side making sure no one mistakes him for a gamer. He's just a brother that plays games.

I had some good brisket in Dallas...man I have never had brisket before that moment and I was in awe.

I have family in North Carolina but I have never had good sweet tea there. I need someone to ship me something up.
I don't like that label, got too much damn baggage.

I don't like that label, got too much damn baggage.

If someone at work asks me what type of games I play in real life I'm like 2k and Madden

Ray-J-Stare-VH1-For-the-Love-of-Ray-J.gif

When in reality I just platinum'd Horizon last week and haven't touched a sports game in years.

I would never call myself a gamer though I don't think otherwise of others that do. I just don't identify with gaming culture and I know how it is perceived. Now if it is one of my boys I'll tell them that I sunk 100 hours in 1 week into a RPG without any care.

LotusHD

Banned
Just beat the first ending of Nier. Who knew this game would awaken my inner mecha fan.

The game only gets better...

This is me.

I would never call myself a gamer though I don't think otherwise of others that do. I just don't identify with gaming culture and I know how it is perceived. Now if it is one of my boys I'll tell them that I sunk 100 hours in 1 week into a RPG without any care.

This is also me.

Gafs hate boner for the new mass effect is a little much, it's not perfect but Jesus the hyperbole in these preview threads.

It's awkward because that game really does seem to be pretty bad regarding facial animation and dialogue, but at the same time it just gives everyone a free pass to do the most with their dislike of the game.

Gattsu25

Banned
Gafs hate boner for the new mass effect is a little much, it's not perfect but Jesus the hyperbole in these preview threads.

I'm finding the videos hilarious but yeah staying out of the threads for exactly this reason.

When enough of GAF decides that they hate a game the threads start becoming insufferable.
If someone at work asks me what type of games I play in real life I'm like 2k and Madden

Ray-J-Stare-VH1-For-the-Love-of-Ray-J.gif

When in reality I just platinum'd Horizon last week and haven't touched a sports game in years.

For the most part I just don't let games come up in conversation. When they do I'll talk about it but refuse to call myself a gamer (agreed: fuck that label).

For the most part I just don't let games come up in conversation. When they do I'll talk about it but refuse to call myself a gamer (agreed: fuck that label).

If games do come up I don't shy away at all from my obsession of Overwatch.

But yeah It's been a long ass time since I have labeled myself as a gamer.

I'm finding the videos hilarious but yeah staying out of the threads for exactly this reason.

When enough of GAF decides that they hate a game the threads start becoming insufferable.

It's not uncommon for a guy in my office to randomly mention how they are going to pick up a Xbox 1 or PS4 and then the topic starts up. It happens very naturally. But so far no one in my office plays RPGs. Which is funny since a recently new friend of mine that I grabbed ramen with yesterday use to play competitively in Dota 2.

It's becoming a big hate boner now. I'm on the fence with the game but I'm sure it is still a great game.

zeemumu

I'll bring games up in conversation with other people who I know play games. It's funny when I'm speaking to someone and they start that sports game stuff and I start talking about NFL Street 2. It's not a sports game only thing, it apparently HAS to be Madden.

That "friend zone" thread is weird. From the fact the dudes in there are using it as a legitimate thing.

It's a method that your mind uses to rationalize the paradox that you can still be an attractive person without everyone finding you attractive.

Hmmm

A conventional term is when someone lacks commitment.

I get what you mean, the mention of there being zones is bizzare to me, its not difficult communicating and being straight forward with what you want.

FWB is a mutual agreement for no strings attached, just like poly relationships are for a whole different agreement. If its not mutual then you move on and theres no zone to speak of, just move on.

Izuna

Banned
I get what you mean, the mention of there being zones is bizzare to me, its not difficult communicating and being straight forward with what you want.

FWB is a mutual agreement for no strings attached, just like poly relationships are for a whole different agreement. If its not mutual then you move on and theres no zone to speak of, just move on.

I wasn't fully serious, I was making it up on the spot 'cause that was what I was dealing with (more like, not dealing with any longer). I haven't used the word "zone" since I was like, 14.

Izuna

Banned
Man, who is gamesharing with me, and thus pre-ordered ME:A, just started complaining about all the same shit GAF is complaining about. He was so hyped I thought he'd be aight.

~~

so long as i ignore pictures of b--- i mean, ex, i won't reply to this sad af apology i just got.

I need to find my very own Eliza Hamilton (with less slave money ofc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom