• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT17| - Thanks, Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, at least grab a soda or something. Your sugar has to be bottoming out if your shaking.

I did. I also got food. Is that why this happens? Every once in a while, if I haven't eaten enough for a few days, I'll get shaky and need to eat and eat and eat until it stops. I never really knew why, though.

Johndoey

Banned
I did. I also got food. Is that why this happens? Every once in a while, if I haven't eaten enough for a few days, I'll get shaky and need to eat and eat and eat until it stops. I never really knew why, though.
Do you have any diabetics in your family?
In any case yeah it's most likely your Blood sugar dropping. Maybe just keep gum or a package of crackers on you, those help.

Shy

Awww you're the best Shy <3
You're very welcome.
Afternoon BCT
Morning all
Good morning/ afternoon black people, crabs... blah blah blah, yadda yadda, w/e, w/e, yeah yeah yeah my chick she bad to the bone.... and sch1sm
Mornin' all.
Evening.
Honkey.
Eh..just some personal stuff I need to push through. Hopefully over sooner than later..&#128578;
I'm very sorry to hear that.

You know where to find me, if you ever want to talk or laugh.
There was a manga, movie, and tv show in japan about this guy that had a crush on his coworker. The coworker gets pregnant by dude's best friend, dude is unaware his best friend is the father but goes with coworker to help her get an abortion cause a male has to sign for it. When dude finds out his best friend was the father, dude loses his mind, shaves his head to look like Robert De Niro from taxi driver and goes to fight his friend.

I thought it was problematic to say the least
Yeah. That's one word for it. LOL.
Virtua Fighter is the sport of kings and scholars
Fixed that for you, my fam.
Every time people respond to Lionpride they should start with "now listen here young blood.."
I always want to. But i don't want to be condescending.
Germany or US?

I should probably decide soon...
Germany seems better at the mo.

Or Canada. If you don't mind the cold.
Slayven
One of the "good" ones.
Today, 03:35 PM
NtUg6k9.gif

He doesn't expect people to actually believe that mess. Does he. ?
Managed to get in contact with my cousin that works near Westminster thankfully. Man everything is locked up there.
Glad your cousin is safe and sound Beefy.

zeemumu

Got my linear algebra grade and last physics grade. I passed both by some miracle. If I wasn't in a crowded area I'd fall to my knees and sob.

Stats is my only math class remaining and I'm done with physics forever

Izuna

Banned
Germany seems better at the mo.

Or Canada. If you don't mind the cold.

Germany is millions times easier for Grad school, but Grad school is also important if I wanted to migrate to the US. The main difference from right now is how much I should try and save.

I can't do the cold, for real.

Johndoey

Banned
Got my linear algebra grade and last physics grade. I passed both by some miracle. If I wasn't in a crowded area I'd fall to my knees and sob.

Stats is my only math class remaining and I'm done with physics forever
Good job man.
--
I got a book of Midori Foo artwork and book of the Marvel Hip-hop tribute covers.
Do that's a thing.

There's an amazingly sad, miserable story in a sidequest in Torment: Tides of Numenera.

One of your companions is this mercenary, Tybir and probably the most fun character in the game. Basically, he was a normal soldier and was commanded to go steal a bunch of stuff from this nearby village to supply his army. Instead, he and his sergeant, this guy called Auvvie, decided to tell the village to run for it instead. Both of them got punished severely and sent to different units. Then they both independently left the army and wound up in the same mercenary company years later because they couldn't get hired anymore. And at some point, they fell in love and also got these tech rings that allowed them to form this really close mindlink that allowed them to feel everything the other person was feeling.

Somehow they ended up in the Endless Battle, a battle that wages for eternity in a time loop, and right off the bat, Auvvie got killed and Tybir felt it, then the battle got rewound and they were both alive again. Then it happened again and again. Eventually they deserted the battle, but Tybir started totally freaking out because he'd felt the other guy die so many times he couldn't stand thinking about it happening permanently. So he decided the best way to handle this was to act like a total dick to Auvvie and cheat on him and basically be a terrible person, but none of it worked. Finally, in a last ditch effort to end things, he set fire to a village they were supposed to protect, and that did it. Auvvie punched him in the face and told him to get out with that shit. He did and ended up in this living slum called the Bloom and tried being a solo mercenary, which went okay until he found he'd been hired to fuck around with one of the big mob bosses, who was some sort of demon. He turned in all his compatriots immediately, and got to not be brutally murdered, but the demon guy gave him a choice of either working for him for a year or giving up his mindlink ring and doing a shorter task sometime in the future.

He didn't want to be linked to Auvvie anymore anyway, because it was too painful, so he gave it up and left. Now, when your character goes back to the Bloom, and if you've talked to Tybir about all this, he'll mention that he thinks Auvvie is here, and you decide to go looking for him. Eventually, you find out that he was trying to steal medical equipment from a little girl and got killed by her father, which doesn't jive with what you know of the guy, so you can ask the demon boss lord. He tells you that when Tybir took the mindlink ring off, Auvvie thought he was dead and came to the Bloom to look for him. The demon boss lord made *him* work for him for a year to get answers and made sure he only got the worst, most immoral jobs that were most likely to kill him until they finally did. Then the demon boss guy tells Tybir that it's time for the task he promised, and that task is every day he needs to think about all the things he could have done differently to save Auvvie, think about how he knew that Auvvie would come to the Bloom when he wasn't getting a connection, and could have put a stop to this at any time. Oh, and as a kicker, just in case you weren't broken up about this, later in the game there's this illusion of Auvvie in your mindscape that talks to Tybir about a lot of things and the game makes you think you can save him somehow, but the moment you try, he disintegrates.

The worst part is during the part of the quest that you're searching for Auvvie, Tybir gets his mindlink ring back from the demon guy and is convinced he can feel something on the other end, but it's just the guy who killed Auvvie.

Why did the writer feel the need to mention Caughman had a record? It's not relevant at all.

Seems like they cleaned the story up. The higher ups mustve realised that including details about the victims arrest record and how he lived in a transitional house for HIV/AIDS victims made them look fucking demented.
Important to know these are the types of people reporting on police brutality, US society from top down is conditioned to devalue Black life like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom