• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Merc_

I been seeing that more and more in threads. Talking about PoC and someone slips in "Antifa isn't going to save you" all low key. And no one was even talking about that.

You undersold that, dude was wilding out

My guess is that they're worried we might ally ourselves with them. That's all I can think of for them tossing them out at us like we're responsible for them.

Slayven

My guess is that they're worried we might ally ourselves with them. That's all I can think of for them tossing them out at us like we're responsible for them.

Nah.

But I am not going to lie tit's good to o see white people out there putting in some work. They do their thing and we do our thing and maybe we can meet in the middle

Maybe I couldve done the title better, but my thread on the Louisiana racist murdering two old Black men last week didnt even get 30 replies, while a Nazi getting laid out gets 12 pages of discussion and hysterical talk about a new American civil war.

These people are fine with us getting murdered. We're just an abstract thought to them, a 2 minutes news clip, a hashtag on twitter, nothing more.

And none of those corporations that came out on social media against the Muslim ban or the attack on DACA said so much as one word about those high profile acquittals of murdering, racist cops.

D i Z

I was around (young but old enough to remember) for the LA riots.

Current affairs are NOTHING on the tension back then.

Shit. I was right smack in the middle of em. This ain't shit compared to the National Guards tanks being stationed at the end of the block you live on, and the entire city is on fire.

Shit. I was right smack in the middle of em. This ain't shit compared to the National Guard and their tanks are stationed at the end of the block you live on, and the entire city is on fire.

People legit thought it was the start of a full fledged IRA style terror campaign in major american cities.

If we survived that we can make it through now.

Maybe I couldve done the title better, but my thread on the Louisiana racist murdering two old Black men last week didnt even get 30 replies, while a Nazi getting laid out gets 12 pages of discussion and hysterical talk about a new American civil war.

These people are fine with us getting murdered. We're just an abstract thought to them, a 2 minutes news clip, a hashtag on twitter, nothing more.

And none of those corporations that came out on social media against the Muslim ban or the attack on DACA said so much as one word about those high profile acquittals of murdering, racist cops.

I accepted it, seen so many threads "black person brutalized/murdered" barely get a full page while "Nazi says Nazi thing!" goes for 50 pages.

People have accepted black people being murdered and tormented as a daily part of the fabric of american life. Which, ya know, is kinda the root of the issue.

D i Z

They won't really feel pressed for an opinion unless it's someone white getting bodied or shut down.

Malyse

Haha. All good. A stick fight is a stick fight until a mf'er rolls up with the gatling gun.

Cool. This makes six posts in this thread, so your job is done Mr. Meeseeks! You can go back to your hell dimension or whatever until BCT 23.

Slayven

What causes a person to go to sleep after getting jawjacked? Like a switch is thrown. I saw one video where a dude got knocked out and started snoring

Nope. Because the hysteria is real and growing. And no, antifa isn't on us, but we're going to end up reaping their karma, once we find out that they're just a bunch of jobless college kids and they get these literally genocidal nazi's all emotionally worked up.

I'm saying, stop cheerleading these people for unorganized violent acts. Talking about history, when has a group of white people gotten together for anything, for the benefit of black people? Don't say by ending slavery, because there were clear benefits for white people who "got with the program" after the civil war.

If you have something to say about Black Culture, by all means, continue to offer up discussion.

Antifa, however, is not black culture. So, I would take these arguments to thread dealing with Antifa. Failure to do so means you are derailing the thread.

This has been your warning.

Numb

I might have watched that one. I binged the shit out of that series a few years back. It's mostly a blur now.
Good times when the gym still had Discovery
Watched so much got to new gen Mythbusters. Not Grant the redhead and tall guy
New new gen.They were not good.

Faustek

The former mods name was iapetus. He ain't anymore. Leave it outside of here.

I am guessing that 99% of the dudes saying we should trust the system are white.

Yepp, I got that feeling as well. Why I can't respect anything they have to say. I actually don't want them to say anything because it's all meaningless fluff taken from whatever Teletubby programming they can remember.

EDIT: If you didn't get it I don't respect their views because I have found that sheltered people pull this shit and they'll never get it.

Top Bottom