• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Blacklist |OT| James Spader Wearing A Fedora #Swag – Mondays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

jbgeBiKSJ7dPyJ.png

jUMOTyyrBuZ9.png

jsChG6CwuUY07.png

iWTnUWdyZi9pe.png

jbwhcu0ccUraDp.png

igPt7QeDs7svo.png
jbwfPalkHGdZoM.png
jbpwTq3RNB9Tq8.png

j8BQhmCwOIfyJ.png
jbpvtOeZyJLwDH.png
jbfCMQVxW1bPq.png

Can't seem to find how many episodes are planned, so I'll keep ya updated.

Yes, James Spader wearing a fedora in the first three pictures is no accident.

Official Trailer | TV's Most Highly Anticipated New Show | The World's Most Wanted Man...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Note to anyone who hasn't seen the pilot: It's very corny. It's not bad, but it's corny. I liked the pilot OK and I'll probably give it a few more episodes.

coldvein

Banned
saw the commercial for this show 30 times while watching the seahawks game the other night. hearing that smarmy james spader say "if you want to get the people on the blacklist you have to play by my rules" ad nauseum made me hate the show before i ever saw an episode.

Sojgat

Yes, will watch anything with James Spader, and show looks interesting enough.

Based on three minute trailer is it safe to assume that the big twist will be that, from the start, his character became "the Concierge of Crime" purely out of some quest for justice/revenge/justice-revenge against other criminals?

TheOddOne

Wow at the reviews.

Selected reviews.

- THR.
It’s certainly an intriguing pilot – you can’t take your eyes off of Spader and the writers have thrown in a couple of other interesting twists. It’s likely that The Blacklist will at least approach the bad-guy-a-week format of a closed-ended procedural that doesn’t tax viewers’ brains too much. But in the process, the pilot suggests there are other things to keep you interested along the way.
- Variety.
If “Hannibal” was a prequel to “The Silence of the Lambs,” “The Blacklist” plays like a de facto sequel — which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Creating a toothy vehicle for James Spader, few series can boast such a compelling central figure, even if his cryptic comments and opaque motives risk giving way to a rather familiar procedural. Still, unlike a lot of this fall’s new hours, “The Blacklist” at least warrants a return visit — and perhaps more if Spader’s serpent-like villain can become more than just Hannibal Lite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom