• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Callisto Protocol First Gameplay Revealed

Animated GIF

The single player focused experiences amateur in me says YES! But that facet is a mere 10% of my personality...The remainder is pure chicken simmering in its broth. I'm gonna need my brown underpants...😗

Kataploom

Gold Member
Looking solid, and I didn't even like Dead Space... I'm getting the remake too to give it another chance btw, I'm just bummed that they use the kind of fake "fear" commonly called "jump scare" to "generate tension"... But the trailer looks good any lol

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
And it's fuckin' cross-gen.

People should really stop blaming cross gen for game presentation if this is possible by a new team.
Cross gen or not they capture the atmosphere beautifully and thats all that matters.

Also I didn't know this was suppose to be related to PUBG, thank god thats no longer the case.

Last edited:

CamHostage

Cross gen or not they capture the atmosphere beautifully and thats that matters.

Also I didn't know this was suppose to be related to PUBG, thank god thats no longer the case.

It was always sort of a forced concept, I don't think it ever was "really" a PUBG game? They seemed to have just put some teasy connections in and maybe marketing ran away with it, or they did add some stuff in as a favor for that Krafton money but it was set so far off in the future that they knew it never mattered as long as they got the backing to make it.

Some connections are still in there, according to the dev, but they're back to easter eggs, not a meaningful connection between the two (unless they're misleading and there's something in the ending that really does connect the two... though does PUBG really has lore that's there to connect to?

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
This game basically captured what I love about 3rd person survival horror games, animation for melee looks heavy and desperate and love it and I love his expression during death animation and I was scared for him which is something you can’t do in first person horror games.

Last edited:

Noxxera

Damn the gameplay trailer looks just like Dead Space with better graphics. Sign me up imma play this bad boy

Hezekiah

Banned
Looks pretty amazing, great graphics, very atmospheric.

End of the year could will be great if this and GoW Ragnorak come out as planned.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Wow, this could easily be mistaken for dead space gameplay. Looks great and all but damn, all the tropes are there.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
im confuse at the last scene.
His head got shredded yet theres still voice coming from him? the fuck?

OsirisBlack

Banned
day one for me. i just hope they iron out those frame rate drops in the second half of this video.

This shit looks amazing the fact that you can kneecap enemies and they will lose a leg and still crawl at you.... Yea preordering now.
im confuse at the last scene.
His head got shredded yet theres still voice coming from him? the fuck?
See what happened was that in outer space he got.... never mind youre right. that bit is silly but its still cool. I love how when the thing bit his head off you could hear his muffled screams. Nice little detail.

Salz01

From I can understand, this game is being made by one of the creators of Dead Space.
I’d like to know this too. Game looks great. It looks so close to Dead Space. Which is a good thing. Hopefully it has a good story etc. Almost seems to be my most anticipated game now this year.

Please go back to DS1's style of zero 'down time' where the player feels safe. I remember an interview years ago before DS2 where the dev said there was criticism over the first game keeping players on edge the entire time, and how they were working to 'improve the flow'.

Fuck that!

DS1's unrelenting tension is what made it such a gem. Even in the store rooms later in the game you'd have enemies fuck with you, brilliantly telling you the whole game that you're safe here, then violating that trust.

Top Bottom