• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Car Thread

jonnyp

American cars: The original GT40 (probably my favourite car of all time), Mustang from the mid 60s to early 70s never gets old.

European: Bugatti Veyron, Koeniggsegg Gemera, Ferrari 288 GTO, Ferrari 360 Modena, Ferrari F430, Porsche 911 doesn't really matter which year, Porsche Cayenne Turbo GT, Audi R8 GT

Japanese: Nissan GTR, Lexus LFA

Last edited:

OverHeat

« generous god »
S6hewUj.jpg

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Testdrove a CX5 and CHR recently but they all let me down. Too firm, too noisy, missing features... I want something a little bit more comfy and higher up. Infiniti Q30 seems nice but they are rare in my country. Looking at a Alfa Stelvio too but they are a bit pricey still.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Testdrove a CX5 and CHR recently but they all let me down. Too firm, too noisy, missing features... I want something a little bit more comfy and higher up. Infiniti Q30 seems nice but they are rare in my country. Looking at a Alfa Stelvio too but they are a bit pricey still.
I test drove chr too. the honda i-mmd engine is a marvel but I don't understand why they add the engine noise and fake gears. And it's not an option.
In civic, which is a bit sporty, it makes some sense but chr not so much.

As for me, I just put my deposit down. 40%, then rest on few years plan but it's elastic so I can pay up when I want.
That's for Kia Niro II hev. My firs brand new car... I don't even know how to feel haha. I kinda wanted a new car be free of the old 16years + junker finally... and the niro is full of tech (top trim).
One more week. It was a hard choice between it and new civic but Niro offers more comforts and softer ride for a big guy like me... and the tech is cool.

Last edited:

Ownage

I'm in a Benz GLE AMG and really am tired of it. Looking at an LX 570 with low miles used or a new 2024 QX80. I like both. Tough choice.

TheMan

Traded in my civic type r for a BMW M2 last week. I wanted just one romp with a high powered manual before they go bye bye. So far, still learning how to shift smoothly from 1 to 2 consistently, was definitely easier in the Honda. Starting to get a bit frustrating actually. And I do miss the improved steering feel of the R. But it’s so easy to go very fast in the M2

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Traded in my civic type r for a BMW M2 last week. I wanted just one romp with a high powered manual before they go bye bye. So far, still learning how to shift smoothly from 1 to 2 consistently, was definitely easier in the Honda. Starting to get a bit frustrating actually. And I do miss the improved steering feel of the R. But it’s so easy to go very fast in the M2
nobody got better shifters than honda !

Soltype

What gen R did you have ? , what gen M2 you get into?

lem0n

Got caught up in a 4 car wreck yesterday with my newly acquired bone stock, clean title Civic Si FA5. Devastated. I'm sure it'll be totalled given it's such an old car at this point. Means I get to daily my 5.0 again and get kicked in the nuts with spending on fuel.

Mobilemofo

I'm only on my second car. My first was a fiat 500, 4 years ago. I loved it. Never fucked up and great fun to drive. Upgraded to my current. An Sri astra, 1.4 Turbo, 2019. Really like it but she drinks fuel like Pam Anderson drank spunk. Gonna have to get rid as soon as my PCP contract allows. Sadly.

Top Bottom