• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The console screenshot thread (Read Rules)

This thread was created in response to the PC screenshot thread which is one of my favorites. Whether its the hi-def consoles, the Wii, or consoles from any previous generation, post the screenshots that stick out for you.

*******POSTING RULES*********

• A maximum of two high resolution shots per post. It doesn't matter what the resolution is, please keep it to only two and for everything else just post a thumbnail link.
  • Name the game you're posting shots of.
  • State whether the screenshot is in game or not.
  • Please refrain from making this a PC vs Console debate. This thread was created so both races have their own space ;)
  • Please make sure these are YOUR screenshots and not just taken from a website
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recommended image host:

www.abload.de - No resiing or compression and you can upload multiple images at once, highly recommended.

Image Host
: No signups, and easy to upload.

Imgurl
:No signups

Do not use Tinypic.com or imageshack.us

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God of War 3

Final Fantasy 13

Ratchet Crack In Time

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Tinypic>imagehost

GOW3
xm4ch2.jpg

UC2 multi
1256jhc.jpg

maybe add whether the pic is in-game or from a cutscene. I remember re5 ones comparing the cutscene shots to the "real" in-game showing subtle but definite differences.

Blizzard

Banned
LovingSteam said:
*******POSTING RULES*********

A maximum of two high resolution shots per post.
How big is "high resolution", so no one gets banned?

Also, isn't tinypic only a problem if you go 1680x1050 or higher?

BeeDog

Blizzard said:
How big is "high resolution", so no one gets banned?

Well, it's not like console games will provide you with ultra-HD-resolution caps now? :p

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I love how GoWIII already has more pictures in this thread than any other game and it isn't even out yet. :lol

Macmanus

Blizzard said:

That and it just sucks in general. There are many better image hosting sites. If you don't like the one the OP mentioned, give imgur.com a whirl.

Dennis

Banned
Does God of War 3 have an ingame screenshot function, or how have the pics posted been captured?

Also, how about people refrain from trolling the console graphics? This thread was created so both PC and console screenshots can each have a thread without the constant console vs. PC bitching.

Raist

Banned
DennisK4 said:
Also, how about people refrain from trolling the console graphics? This thread was created so both PC and console screenshots can each have a thread without the constant console vs. PC bitching.

PC-GAF is insecure as hell, I guess :p

Blizzard

Banned
BeeDog said:
Well, it's not like console games will provide you with ultra-HD-resolution caps now? :p
Yes, and that's why I asked...someone implied that 1680x1050 was a minimum to be considered "HD" in the PC thread, and someone else had been banned for (maybe) 720p shots or less, that were reduced in size by 50% because the poster thought they were small enough to be safe. Better to just be explicit about it in the rules.

I agree that a description indicating if the shot is in a cutscene or is a "bullshot" would be nice, like the PC thread.

Macmanus said:
That and it just sucks in general. Their are many better image hosting sites. If you don't like the one the OP mentioned, give imgur.com a whirl.
How does it "suck in general" then? Does it actually resize or edit low-res pictures that you upload? I don't remember ever having a transfer rate or overall transfer bandwidth problem with them, but I could be wrong. I certainly never encountered spyware or popups with them that I'm aware of, and you can embed images.

ampere

Macmanus said:
It's like time traveling to the PC screen shot threads of 2006! :lol

I kid, I kid :)
:lol :lol
I feel like a spoiled brat when I play XIII and complain when comparing it to ME2 on my new PC :p

edit: More on topic, is there any way to take in-game screen shots of FFXIII when playing on PS3? There doesn't seem to be a way, figured I'd ask anyway

Yeah, I, too, would be interested in knowing the size of bannable high def images.

I mean, GBC and GBA games resolution are 160x144 and 240x160 respectively. NES, SNES, and some Genesis games, before aspect ratio correction, are 256x240. N64, PS, Saturn, Turbografx, and some Genesis games are 320x240. DS games are 256x192 single screen, 256x384 dual screen. I can see some calling dual screen DS shots large, but you can't make a thumbnail of a 160x144 game...

Also, some people might not think of 640x480 to be big, while others won't.

I would think that 320x240 isn't that big... Making thumbnails of a 320x240 image seems like a little bit of a waste.

Also, DS games, with a resolution of 256x192, single screen should be okay, but if the screenshot includes both screens (256x384 or more), it may have to be thumbnailed. Something people might want to keep in mind, maybe.

Veritas_

Zombie James said:
Which guy? I'm the one in the gas mask in all the shots, I was documenting my many deaths :p

Yeah, your player was staring off to his side while firing in another direction. Kinda caught me off guard when I scrolled past it. Reminded me of "Crazy Legs" from TF2. Got a chuckle out of it. Nice Uncharted shots anyways.

xnhfll.jpg

KZObsessed

KjwevIcNO.jpg

vyFwofwMW.jpg

These are just from the Demo, I don't think it was even the final build, but I remember them being particularly excellent direct feed captures from Forsete. He did better than most sites/Guerrilla themselves. Wish he took some of the final game and other levels as well.

Folks, PLEASE only post the screen shots that YOU have taken. The point of this thread (like the PC one) isn't to see media screenshots. It's to see the shots taken from your own televisions. PLEASE DO NOT POST MEDIA SCREENSHOTS.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Macmanus said:
That and it just sucks in general. Their are many better image hosting sites. If you don't like the one the OP mentioned, give imgur.com a whirl.

yeah, good luck with imgur, as it loves to re-compress my images that i've uploaded.

Red Scarlet

Always liked this one from Trial Mode in FF12 International, because the battle is super hard for me (the 5 judges at once):
judges.bmp

Top Bottom