• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz |OT| - Miami, Hot Takes, Night Clubs, & Refugees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lkr

Listen to Mike & Mike

They are also on vacation and Stugotz & GoJo are the fill in hosts. So it's sorta like the Leb show took over M&M. Stugotz even does his weekend observations!
That's the weekend report to you!

I don't understand what the Mike and Mike crowd dislike about the show this week, it's not like either Mike are providing any insightful sports analysis

That's the weekend report to you!

I don't understand what the Mike and Mike crowd dislike about the show this week, it's not like either Mike are providing any insightful sports analysis

I guess their crowd wants the insightful things like Greenberg predicting the Jets going 14-2 this year?

Lkr

They only put up the local hour and best of. No hours 1-3. Wtf shipping container!

where are you looking? ESPN app has all of them up for iOS for me

did stugotz have a weekend observations today? i missed everything except the last ~45 mins or so

bchamba

I participated in the polls that got Cote upset today. I didn't know it was going to cost us a "Back in my day"

I miss listening to LeBatard and Stugotz during my drive home from work. Ever since ESPN LA switched to a Keyshawn Johnson & Friends morning show things haven't been the same.

bchamba

I refuse to believe I made the wrong call on any of these

HsnqSLM.png

Lkr

Does anyone know the source for the bobby bowden quote that dan read today? I was laughing my ass off

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The Rick Reilly segment at the end was gold.

Whether it was a bit or not when Mike slid in his numbers been disconnected before the break I about died. Lol

Vanillalite

When the shipping container told Dan he should have given money instead, and that spiralled out I was dying.

Billy telling Dan he should have given 10k. Dan saying that's like half a years salary for some people. Billy saying you're a rich celebrity though.

Stugotz chiming in saying he made a money list for the bah mitzvah.

Fat'n Info mortified by the whole conversation.

Vanillalite

Kenny G is amazing. Like holy shit

*Shrugs*
She was funny on today's local hour.

Maybe it was just me. I think she gets too sportsy sometimes with regards to Chicago sports.

I'll admit she was funny though in the local hour. So I'll take back my comment.

TTG

She's a lot of fun when not talking about sports, which is ultimately what counts. I wouldn't listen to a show she's carrying for the reason you mention, when she's talking sports she sounds really stock, but as a guest host she's good. Sara Spain, Pablo, Amechi, they should have all 3 of those on as often as possible.

If anything, I don't think Cote is as amusing as the show thinks he is.

Vanillalite

She's a lot of fun when not talking about sports, which is ultimately what counts. I wouldn't listen to a show she's carrying for the reason you mention, when she's talking sports she sounds really stock, but as a guest host she's good. Sara Spain, Pablo, Amechi, they should have all 3 of those on as often as possible.

That's the point. He's sooo bad and unfunny he's funny. #ShowKiller

Pablo sucks. Amechi and cote all day long.

Fjordson

I love Cote man. His corny humour is hilarious.

I've also come to really love the shipping container, the more they pop into the show the better.

Vanillalite

OK listening to today's stuff that I missed, and Kenny Fucking G.

I love how he's like yo wait Stu's question. LoL

Rixxan

Rank the shipping container 1-5 with 1 being the best.

As much as I hate to admit it Mike is by far the most talented person on the show

1. Mike (he's a douche tho)
2. Guillermo (dat snark and disdain)
3. Allyson
4. Roy (he needs to do more top 10s)
5. Young Cote

Fjordson

This has been an amazing week for the show. Love the anti-super bowl coverage and Kenny G is an amazing guest.

As much as I hate to admit it Mike is by far the most talented person on the show

1. Mike (he's a douche tho)
2. Guillermo (dat snark and disdain)
3. Allyson
4. Roy (he needs to do more top 10s)
5. Young Cote
I agree with this. They're all great, though. Cote's Gruden impression is hilarious. "Kirk? Robert?"

Vanillalite

I found it interesting Dan finally threw in the real qualifier of sprints.

I always thought Dan was under estimating what some average joe people could hit from the FT line, but I was like that's not in game conditions.

Hitting 2 FTs after you've been running around the court all game trying to guard and score against other monster people who play basketball is a different deal.

bchamba

Pablo sucks. Amechi and cote all day long.

I'm part of all their armies. Pablo was funny as hell on the local hour that day when they called him. Don't forget Amin Elhassan I love his "Black in my Day" segment.

Shipping container rankings:
1. Dirty Demon of Debate
2. Forged in Fire
3. That's True
4. the laugh in the background whenever Mike tells a joke
5. Insecure Reaper

3rdman

So Keyshawn Johnson accused Dan of racism because of his comments about the Magic Johnson hiring.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/23/magic-johnson-debate-turns-into-espn-on-espn-racism-claims/

What an asshole.

“I’m going to read between the lines, I’m going to read between the lines on this one,” he said. “To me, he saying because he’s a black dude, that’s the way I look at it …”
LOL...Paraphrased: "I'm going to insert my own biases into this conversation."

Anyone who has heard Dan over any number of days/months/years like I have, can only laugh at this stupidity. Dan is also right...MJ has never proven that he can manage a basketball team at any level. He may be a great president but up to now, nothing in his past shows this to be true. We'll see I guess but calling Dan a racist is absolutely (and comically) moronic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom