• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Day Before - Announce Trailer

Jethalal

Banned
Game seems very ambitious for the developer. Their previous games don't seem to be on the same level. Let's see how they pull it off.

Hugare

The Division + zombies is an amazing concept with a lot of potential

But yeah, this is a really scripted demo to make theg ame look exciting and polished. Even then, you can see a lot of unpolished stuff.

A game like this requires a huge budget, and this doesnt seem to be the case. But we will se...

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Corner camping is going to be horrendous. Single player games I love playing 3rd person but multiplayer games should always be first person IMO. 3rd person just gives campers too much information.

MiguelItUp

It LOOKS nice for sure. Looks like a Division inspired title with a zombie focus. If the final game looks and plays like this, it could be really cool!

But we'll just have to see how it all pans out.

That being said, I REALLY wish devs would stop creating videos that contain "real in-game chat" that clearly isn't real. It's fucking awful. If you're not going to include real voice chat, then just don't include it at all. It's even more distracting when the "enemy players" clearly don't sound like real players like they're meant to. It really kind of makes it all feel real odd. I feel like the current impression I have on the game would've been a lot better if they just cut the "in-game voice chat" out all together.

Zeeed

Look great, I do hope it is like the Division 2 in that I think I finished that game without having to play with or against any other players. Which was a good thing in my books.

Ps5ProFoSho

If this is pulled off as good as the demo makes it look, should be real interesting. Sucks I'll probably never play it as a console peasant.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Corner camping is going to be horrendous. Single player games I love playing 3rd person but multiplayer games should always be first person IMO. 3rd person just gives campers too much information.

Simulates real life better as people can see without blatantly exposing themselves in the real world.

CitizenZ

Banned
Can name a dozen others with same ambition and failed miserably for one reason, they are PVP. Hopefully they understand PvP and PvE are needed to survive.

CitizenZ

Banned
The Division + zombies is an amazing concept with a lot of potential

But yeah, this is a really scripted demo to make theg ame look exciting and polished. Even then, you can see a lot of unpolished stuff.

A game like this requires a huge budget, and this doesnt seem to be the case. But we will se...

I love the Divison series and they finally took my advice on the Skyscraper idea and i have been a proponent for a zombie type mode. Too bad they are going to work on boring SW, Division is one of the few actual new IPs in the last 10 yrs that has been interesting and with SOOOOOOO much more to expand, barely has scratched the surface.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Not nearly as well. There's a reason why stealth in first person is so bad.
In multiplayer games corner camping is a massive advantage. You don't have that much information in real life. Stealth in first person games is closer to stealth in real life. You are not going to find a lot of competitive gamers that are on your side. This is why streamers and competitive types play pubg First person btw.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
In multiplayer games corner camping is a massive advantage. You don't have that much information in real life. Stealth in first person games is closer to stealth in real life. You are not going to find a lot of competitive gamers that are on your side. This is why streamers and competitive types play pubg First person btw.

Nope. Hiding and camping IRL gives people ridiculous advantage. It only makes sense to try to emulate that advantage in more strategic/tactical games.

In other words, there's a reason why the biggest stealth franchises are all third person.

Streamers prefer first person because they all possess high degrees of gun skill. Naturally, they choose the view that diminishes strategic/tactical value and emphasizes gun skill.

SJRB

Gold Member
This is either the most fake vertical slice in the world or this no-name developer came out of nowhere with a Division-tier game.

Curious to see how it ends up either way.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Nope. Hiding and camping IRL gives people ridiculous advantage. It only makes sense to try to emulate that advantage in more strategic/tactical games.

In other words, there's a reason why the biggest stealth franchises are all third person.

Streamers prefer first person because they all possess high degrees of gun skill. Naturally, they choose the view that diminishes strategic/tactical value and emphasizes gun skill.
LOL, imagine thinking camping in a game is a "skill"?

In video games gun skill is an actual skill, camping is just being a wuss. Get gud or get out.

Stealth games are single player third person so you bads can feel like you are good at something.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

In video games gun skill is an actual skill, camping is just being a wuss. Get gud or get out.

Stealth games are single player third person so you bads can feel like you are good at something.

Regardless, it emulates real life better than first person.

CitizenZ

Banned

i dont understand why a lot of games dont include somthing to the aspect like in the movie Crank where you have to keep moving. Could be handled in two different type of games, but simply the slower you move the slower you gun rate/ reload speed. Faster you move faster reload, faster RPS, simple things with a dozen others i could list. Doesnt hurt until its a least tried because for the most part the #1 or 2 complaint, camping.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Doesnt hurt until its a least tried because for the most part the #1 or 2 complaint, camping.

Where do you get these statistics from?

Brendan Greene said the number one reason PUBG blew up is because it allowed a variety of gamers to play how they wanted.

CitizenZ

Banned
Where do you get these statistics from?

Brendan Greene said the number one reason PUBG blew up is because it allowed a variety of gamers to play how they wanted.

O i dont know, have you ever watched or played anything called CoD or played any FPS MP shooter?

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Getting a mixture of The Division and DayZ vibes. Interested to see how this turns out. I'll be watching streamers play it for sure.

Getting a mixture of The Division and DayZ vibes. Interested to see how this turns out. I'll be watching streamers play it for sure.
I always thought The Division should have actually had more... supernatural / zombie elements rather than killing civilians all the time that are generic convicts, or right wing militias .

EDMIX

I have no hope for this title lol

Imagine trying to rip off The Division sooooo badly lol

For stuff like this, it takes a team that really, really knows this concept to pull it off. The Division series might get a lot of hate, but they are still able to pull off a really, really hard thing to do. So I'm more open to some single player, walking simulator as I get that it can work and be functional.

A small team no one ever heard of doing some complex networking? nah. Sounds like early access vaporware.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Welp if it's a better Division game consider me interested! Hey take a look CrustyBritches CrustyBritches
I really hope so. This kind of reminds me of The Division pre-release, sadly. It showed a ton of promise, great graphics, co-op gameplay and everything. When the game released, it just felt a bit empty. I had a good time with The Division until I finished the campaign and realised getting to Level 30 was the most fun part.

I am willing to give it a chance, though. Hope they pull it off. Might be more interesting than The Division, who knows.

CitizenZ

Banned
I really hope so. This kind of reminds me of The Division pre-release, sadly. It showed a ton of promise, great graphics, co-op gameplay and everything. When the game released, it just felt a bit empty. I had a good time with The Division until I finished the campaign and realised getting to Level 30 was the most fun part.

I am willing to give it a chance, though. Hope they pull it off. Might be more interesting than The Division, who knows.

Said it for years, shooters are the hardest loot shooter/ mmo games to create. Borderlands has the blueprint yet no one has come close.

S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Said it for years, shooters are the hardest loot shooter/ mmo games to create. Borderlands has the blueprint yet no one has come close.
For sure. Borderlands is probably the most fun I've had playing a looter shooter. I think it's because you can do practically everything as a solo player. The campaign for Borderlands was also very solid, especially Borderlands 2. The loot mostly felt satisfying also. Some of these looter shooters don't feel satisfying, most of the loot goes to junk. Destiny was a big offender for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

CitizenZ

Banned
For sure. Borderlands is probably the most fun I've had playing a looter shooter. I think it's because you can do practically everything as a solo player. The campaign for Borderlands was also very solid, especially Borderlands 2. The loot mostly felt satisfying also. Some of these looter shooters don't feel satisfying, most of the loot goes to junk. Destiny was a big offender for that.

I think its the balance of gunplay and hocus pocus and there is always a very good variety in each character and how to build. Remenent from the Ashes IMO has come the closest, though it has limited depth easily my 2nd favorite and a bright future if they dont fck it up.

Top Bottom