• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Democrats used to be Pro America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayDubya

Banned
Well yes, the Democratic party used to be nationalistic warmongering assholes in addition to being vehemently opposed to personal liberty in lieu of mixed economy pseudoutilitarian collectivism. There's an easy Mitch Hedburg style joke here (I used to smoke pot...").

Needless to say, frankly, I'm not so sure that much has changed, Joe, but I'm glad you embrace the worst in your party's history. I mean, yeah, the chief of state when we firebombed Dresden, the one when we nuked Japanese civilians for maximum psychological damage, or the one that sent an assassination squad after Castro? Choices, choices.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah I don't like all this appeasement talk because it reminds me of one of the darker things from his presidency, he literally did appease the Iranians. There's no way around that.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
And Republicans used to be the party of limited government and fiscal responsibility. Funny how things work out, eh Joe?

JayDubya

Banned
Shig said:
And Republicans used to be the party of limited government and fiscal responsibility. Funny how things work out, eh Joe?

At this point we simply have Republocrats doing their cyclical dance, being defined more or less by their role as being anti-the-other-guy while the establishment party blends into more of the same.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
JayDubya said:
At this point we simply have Republocrats doing their cyclical dance, being defined more or less by their role as being anti-the-other-guy while the establishment party blends into more of the same.
Well, I don't think it's fair to say that pattern is hardwired into the system when we've only had one presidency that pattern's been really prolific under. Let's see what happens when we have an administration that doesn't simply cover their ears and shout "LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" whenever their opposition speaks.

Triumph

Banned
One of the most awesome things that will happen in this coming election will be Lieberman being stripped of his chairmanships after the Dems cement a real majority in the Senate. Eat shit and die, Joe.

Teddy Roosevelt said to walk softly and carry a big stick. Dwight Eisenhower said to beware the military-industrial complex. Gerald Ford said we needed to spend years actively working on reducing our dependence on foreign oil.

I'd say the big question is what the fuck happened to the Republicans.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Triumph said:
One of the most awesome things that will happen in this coming election will be Lieberman being stripped of his chairmanships after the Dems cement a real majority in the Senate. Eat shit and die, Joe.

That's what you get for wanting to censor my SEGA-CD games, Joe!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
beermonkey@tehbias said:
Teddy Roosevelt said to walk softly and carry a big stick. Dwight Eisenhower said to beware the military-industrial complex. Gerald Ford said we needed to spend years actively working on reducing our dependence on foreign oil.

I'd say the big question is what the fuck happened to the Republicans.
inx4jo.jpg
15nwpyu.jpg
x5xiir.jpg
hrx4xf.jpg
u5y0j.jpg
11j6anm.jpg

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/05/26/080526fa_fact_packer?printable=true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom