• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division PC performance thread

I was being serious, only got the machine and have this preloaded but haven't had a chance fire it up yet.

At 1080p.

You'll max the game at 1080p.

Edit: Andy fix your latest driver and tell them it also affects single monitor setups via hdmi too!

Edit 2: and thanks for the guide. SLI 980ti justified!

UnrealEck

Holy moley look at those shadows.

tom-clancys-the-division-shadow-quality-001-nvidia-hfts.png

haveheart

Banned
^
damn this looks good.

FYI all the low lifes like me:

CPU: Phenom II X4 955 @ 3,2Ghz
RAM: 8 Gig
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB

30 - 60 fps on mostly low settings. I enabled DOF, lens flare and some other smaller effects. Also effects detail on medium and obejct detail (iirc) on 25%. Pretty happy with the performance. I was worried it wouldn't run at all. So pretty good optimisation by the developers.

Edit: I'ven been having some serious lags. And it can't be my connection. Could this be hardware related? Also, loading times are way too long.

Smash88

Banned
I didn't notice an HFTS option under shadows is that not yet implemented?

Found it.

EDIT:

Hi everyone,

The game guide is now live. And with that, I'm going to play and enjoy the game with friends :)

Heads up Andy the image for the "Vignette" section when you click it it opens up and says "File not found."

its only available on 9 series nvidia gpus. im guessing it uses the special hardware in maxwell for voxel processing and/or CR. can CR be accessed through regular dx11 with NVAPI?

Smash88

Banned
its only available on 9 series nvidia gpus. im guessing it uses the special hardware in maxwell for voxel processing

I have a GTX 980Ti.

That's it in the picture of the bike.

I know it is, but maybe it was some dev branch edition? I'll go look again.

EDIT: Okay I checked again and it is there now. I swear to god it was not there just "low -> medium -> high -> nvidia pcss -> back to low"

Compsiox

Banned
I have a GTX 980Ti.

I know it is, but maybe it was some dev branch edition? I'll go look again.

EDIT: Okay I checked again and it is there now. I swear to god it was not there just "low -> medium -> high -> nvidia pcss -> back to low"

I have something beyond pcss also do you have everything the highest settings there can be and the new driver? How you running?

Smash88

Banned
I have something beyond pcss also do you have everything the highest settings there can be and the new driver? How you running?

Latest Nvidia Drivers.

Specs:

i7 4770k @ 4.2GHz
16GB DDR3 2133MHz
GTX 980Ti SC+ (Custom OC -- Clock: 1237 MHz - Memory 1878 MHz - Boost 1325 MHz)
840 PRO SSD

----

I play at 1440p, maxed out, except shadows which are on High. I get minimum 48 fps, max 60 fps (which I limited in the game) - I average around 55 fps. The game still has room for improvement as fps still fluctuates ridiculously sometimes.

The hit on PCSS and higher is 7+ fps and not worth it for shadows that get a blurred edge. It may be great when the next gen of GPUs can handle it at 60fps solid, but pointless as of now unless you are taking screenshots.

Smash88

Banned
There is an in-game benchmark tool:

TR4tgMy.jpg

These are my frames with HFTS on and everything else max settings at 1440p - so the highest settings you can possibly run in this game.

What it doesn't show is minimum fps, which was 38.

LordAmused

Oh man the game runs like shit here. I can't even get past 14 fps in the MENU!!

GTX 970
I5 4690
16GB Ram
Game is installed on SSD 970.

Don't even know where to begin.

AndyBNV

Nvidia

Found it.

EDIT:

Heads up Andy the image for the "Vignette" section when you click it it opens up and says "File not found."

Thanks, found the problem and fixed it.

Kezen

Banned
Nvidia's new HFTS is the most impressive shadowing technique I've ever seen in a game. Truly next-gen stuff.

Saty

I can see this being a point of contention:

Texture Quality

You may have noticed that The Division lacks a Texture Quality option. Instead, Massive Entertainment's Snowdrop Engine dynamically streams content in and out as needed. Depending on your "Extra Streaming Distance" and "Object Detail" settings this may happen frequently, and there may be pop-in as new content is loaded.

Behind the scenes, Snowdrop aims to utilize 75% of your dedicated video memory (VRAM), leaving space for other GPU-accelerated, memory-consuming apps that may be running the background. Within this 75% block of memory, which may be exceeded, memory is earmarked for any settings you've enabled that use VRAM, and the rest divvied up between geometry, other necessary game elements, and textures required right this second. Any remaining memory is filled with additional textures for nearby areas, reducing the chance of pop-in and visible streaming as players travel through the world.

As such, users of GPUs with less than 6GB of VRAM may not receive maximum-quality textures at all times. Whether you do or don't is based on the selected screen resolution, the detail of the current area, and the quality selected for game settings.

If you do somehow fill your GPU's available VRAM, perhaps with a high resolution and max settings on a 4GB GPU, The Division will do its best to scale back detail to rectify performance. In some cases though you'll have to step in and dial back the aforementioned settings, or the resolution.

To avoid all VRAM concerns our testing reveals that a 6GB GeForce GTX 980 Ti will do the trick at 4K with max settings. And as we're sure you're interested to know, image quality and streaming behavior was identical to that of a 12GB GeForce GTX TITAN X.

At 1920x1080, the most commonly-used gaming resolution, 4GB of memory should sufficient for max settings.

Afro

Can someone who was able to perceive the poor frame pacing during open beta confirm if it's been fixed in the final release?

This is all I need to know before I purchase. I appreciate it.

120v

Oh man the game runs like shit here. I can't even get past 14 fps in the MENU!!

GTX 970
I5 4690
16GB Ram
Game is installed on SSD 970.

Don't even know where to begin.

same problem here with same specs (except with i7 4790k)... i just gave up on trying to play it last night. i'll troubleshoot when i get off work

dr_rus

i thought it was. i assume this shadow feature is available on all windows versions, thats why i was curious if CR can be accessed through nvapi without dx11.3/12

We'll have to wait till GDC to know the details of the implementation I think.

daxy

The game is crashing on me every thirty minutes or so. Sometimes CTDs during the launch sequence. Anyone else, or am is this just me? I was running Nvidia's 364 drivers before, then reinstalled 362, but it keeps happening.

Last edited:

mxgt

Banned
The game is crashing on me every thirty minutes or so. Sometimes CTDs during the launch sequence. Anyone else, or am is this just me? I was running Nvidia's 364 drivers before, then reinstalled 362, but it keeps happening.

970, 4690k, 16gb ram, SSD, no OC.

Yup. Straight to Desktop. 6600k, 980ti, 16GB, SSD.

Had no issues during the beta. I've tried removing drivers completely and re-installing the previous version. Same problem. Also tried all sorts of setting combinations, not running Afterburner + RTSS and various other stuff.

Unplayable for me at the moment :(

daxy

Yup. Straight to Desktop.

Had no issues during the beta. I've tried removing drivers completely and re-installing the previous version. Same problem.

Unplayable for me at the moment :(

Yeah, was smooth sailing for me during the beta too. Now it won't launch at all. Crashes at the Ubisoft logo.

Something is wrong with my 980ti sli setup

I turn everything in low in 3440x1440 and I still can't reach 60 steady fps with 60-70 utilization both cards

Beta ran way better >75 fps

haveheart

Banned

970, 4690k, 16gb ram, SSD, no OC.

I read that you should unplug your second (and third) monitor before installing the game ready drivers. Maybe that'll help

Nice, but look close at the shadows and you'll see the left wheel of the bike (and all the objects around it) are floating. Including the big lamp post thing =P

I wonder if that is a bias issue, or because the actual objects do not contact one another. The more accurate the shadows become, the easier it is to see where video games fall flat.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

I turn everything in low in 3440x1440 and I still can't reach 60 steady fps with 60-70 utilization both cards

something sounds wrong. I'm not using fraps to check, but I have mine capped at 30fps with most settings at high (turned fog and global reflections down to medium) and it seems a stable framerate - and this is on a 3570k and single 970. Same resolution as you, 3440x1440.

Grassy

Are you on the new drivers? Either way, The Division SLI profile is rooted I think. I get 95%+ GPU usage but even at 1440p/Ultra with 6700K + 980Ti SLI I see my framerate in the high 50's sometimes. The performance does seem worse than the beta, even with turning off the new HFTS shadows.

I tried using DSR at 4k with SLI and I get 5 fps lol, there's something seriously wrong. I wonder what drivers Andy used for the guide...

In the time I was able to play it, I was getting some weird ghosting effect in my game, most noticeable when turning or in cutscenes. Seems to be tied to temporal AA somehow, but can't get it to go away.

i5-3570k
2x7970
16GB
W10

Update on this: Crossfiring in this game is inadvisable at this point, lots of flickering and ghosting, etc. Forces on if you're in Fullscreen, go to Borderless/Windowed to switch back to one card.

Top Bottom